Psalm 121 for all of you who need great comfort tonight

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 4 - 9PM
Arwen
Arwen's picture

Psalm 121 for all of you who need great comfort tonight

I am a Jewish cantor. This is probably my favorite psalm. It makes me feel when I read it and it gives me great, great courage and peace. I hope it helps you tonight. I know it will.

Psalm 121 written by King David

A Song to the ascents.
I raise my eyes to the mountains - from where will my help come?
My help is from G-d, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to falter; your Guardian will not rest.
Behold, the Guardian of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps.
G-d is your Guardian; He is your protective Shade at your right hand.
By day the sun will not harm you, nor the moon by night.
G_d will guard you from all bad, He will guard your soul.
G-d will guard your going out and your coming in, from now and forever.

Apr 5 - 3AM
dudette
dudette's picture

my favourite psalm

Absolutely love it and sing in church choir - beautiful in anglican chant!!!! Love psalm 22 - just about to sing it for Easter.....
Apr 5 - 12AM
TLSM
TLSM's picture

:'-(

Patiencegoal. I am not a very religious person. That Psalm was beautiful. It touched me very deeply. It made me cry. I am writing it down for times I'm scared and feel alone. Which is A LOT as of late. Thank you for posting this!!! Xoxo
Apr 5 - 12AM (Reply to #6)
Arwen
Arwen's picture

tlsm

Yes it's one of those psalms that transcends religious belief...it just speaks about the universe or some kind of other being outside of us taking care of and guarding us. Just the thought that we're being guarded, watched over, protected from these monsters is all it takes to make us cry. I'm so glad it helped. It always helps me.
Apr 5 - 1AM (Reply to #7)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

absoluely!

And for all the survivor's of nightmare childhoods where we weren't protected, to feel and to HOPE that someone is watching and protecting us means everything. We ar here and we survived, so someone was watching over us! And the fact that we did survive must mean we are strong, bad ass chicks!
Apr 5 - 12AM
Arwen
Arwen's picture

Anytime.

Anytime.
Apr 4 - 11PM
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Beautiful Psalm

Thanks for sharing, PG!
Apr 4 - 9PM
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

I feel the best when I am at

I feel the best when I am at church. I am realizing thru this whole mess that I have not lived a faithful life. I mean I talk the talk but as far as having faith as a verb my codependence and control issues dont allow it. So Im really working on that and having an active faith that God is in control of this and that his will will be done. Actually as I have said before, I know the Narc was brought into my life for a purpose the way he has popped in and out of my life for some 25 years when we didnt even attend the same high school is uncanny. We run into eachother when there has been absolutely no reason to. I know that there is purose in this and I just need to keep moving forward to find it. I at many points felt God placed me into his life to save him but what Im starting to realize is God may have put him in my life to save me.
Apr 4 - 9PM (Reply to #2)
Arwen
Arwen's picture

Well, we will never know

Well, we will never know G-d's purpose. But, whatever that purpose is, I feel pretty strongly that you'll be protected and guarded as the psalm says.