LUCK2012's Story

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 14 - 10AM
LUCK2012
LUCK2012's picture

LUCK2012's Story

I'm stuck in an obsessive mind about him and its killing me, any support would help.

Will he be the same in his next relationship?

Its 5 months on from my Ex of 3.5 years finishing our relationship… I still have mornings where I wake up and feel sick that its over and that someone else gets to be with him? Why is this?

We moved down to the coast in April – to try living/working there for 3 months- then he had landed a job in America – that we were both able to go to. Suddenly in May this job offer fell through…. Ive never seen him so deflated… he started reading business success books and bioghraphy’s of rich famous people…. I felt so empty that he just showed nothing towards us- it was all based on how to make money.

He then landed a job in a hotel – where the money was high – I started to see him less and less- to the point of spending days on my own and getting into bed on my own – I slowly heard less and less from him…

I had to be honest and tell him I was finding it really hard- I think most girls would? He sympathised and said u know I wanna bring us in money – if we were to have a family etc we would need money, this is my job..

Anyhow about 3 weeks of working at this hotel – I noticed a massive change in that he had become very aware of the way he looked, he started to buy new clothes and completely pulled away from me? I started to feel so so insecure it was driving me crazy – I did everything I could to please him – I started doing his dinner for when he got home, I made sure I did all his washing,,, sometimes he even just asked wheres my shirt….
One night we were out and he was just so distant with me- he went off and started talking to some random guy and just left me standing there… he then comes over and I explained how it was unfair that he just left me there-some how it got onto he doesn’t like the way I talk to my family?

He then said ‘ I OFFER SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO EVERY GUY IN THIS ROOM’
Well that line totally threw me and feel like I believe it? Is this something a Narcisst would say?

It was then he said he felt we were drifting apart – he said maybe I wasn’t independent enough – this made me choke as I have always been so independent. He said he feels like I’m so uptight and hes not? These things really hurt to hear.
He was like lets give it a bit of time and hopefully we can make things work but something needs to change. At this point I felt so physically sick I didn’t want to put a foot wrong – I was stepping back and then showing how I cared with a card saying hope we can sail through this together… but his response was dead.

He started to become very distant – to the point I was becoming really paranoid- he wouldn’t let me see things he was looking up online… he wouldn’t commit to anything I suggested for down the line??

The bomb came- about 3 weeks after he said all this, also once my parents and brother had visited – he drove me to a car park in MY CAR– crying – he said I don’t see us having a future together, I felt like I had been stabbed. I just went numb,,, I cant describe the feeling,,, I said I have never ever put u under pressure and I feel like I have bought u out as a person… he agreed and said he didn’t feel he could commit to a relationship and maybe he was being selfish but there are lots of things he wants to do… I really didn’t know how to react. I said I need to speak to Becca who was a mutual friend we had made down there through his work – he jumped on defence and said NO I don’t want u talkin to her? So I refrained from doing so at the time. I got out the car and felt so so so sick.

I returned home to see him sitting there with a beer in his hand – completely normal,,,, he said shal we get a pizza/dvd/- I didn’t know how to react so I agreed and he was like well ive been drinking so I cant get it… so he said if I go and he’d pay… god wat was I thinking I went!! Balling my eyes out – came back with the pizza- he demolished all of it. ..
I felt so sick- to the point of not feeling like I could move….
He text me while he was at work saying – I think u may have a stomach bug as one of the girls at work is off with it too!!!???? ERRRRRR HELLOOOO---- u have just broken my heart. I couldn’t bring myself to react at all – I think shock came into play.
I begged him so much to see if we could have a break and try properly again – he said ok but we go 2 weeks without putting any pressure on one another and do whatever we wanna do….
About two days later he didn’t return till about 5am – I felt so so sick – he came in just normal.
I expressed how I couldn’t live like this anymore it was killing me.
He suggested that I could stay in the flat (that I found) as long as I like!!! I took about 3 days out staying in a B and B to try and clear my head – at this point I actually felt suicidal – he sent the odd text saying hope u are ok!
I found some strength and came back to the flat to tell him he would need to move out. It killed me but why should I have to find new accommodation.
He was shocked – and then just left to go to beers with his friend. He started to become very rude through text – telling me when he’d be coming to the flat etc.
Sometimes he came when I wasn’t there and just took what he needed but left other stuff there.
It was heart breaking.
We weren’t meant to do a ski season together this winter – which I organised 100% - I decided to tell them that I wouldn’t be going anymore- thinking he would also have the decency to not as we were meant to do it together. Turns out he commits to doing it – I said to him don’t u think that’s a little unfair – they are my contacts and we were meant to go together- he said I didn’t really look at it like that.
I saw him out a couple of times in the town we both were – the first time he said to me – don’t u think this is weird to see each other only now (few months in)
………he then goes on to say – I miss your mum but I don’t miss you…!? This broke my heart. He also quite patronisingly said ‘do u actually go out!? And I hope you’re actually happy…. Then I was talking to another guy before he came over and he looked at him and laughed and says to me ‘who’s that’ …
I felt so numb… the other occasions I saw him- I just had to walk away he was always surrounded by a girl from his work and his friends wife which I also heard they all stay together a lot. I felt so so sick..
I was going through patches of being ok but then recently I feel sick/dead because he is now on that ski season and it kills me – he is doing it with two chalet girls that I feel sick about as I can imagine he being with one of them…
Before he left he text me about a week ago now) (having not heard anything from him in about a month) he text saying I hope all goes well for u – I hope u know I think your an amazing person. All the best.

This killed me – I keep asking why did he send this?
I want to erase images of him living happily ever after – why do I keep thinking hes gonna have the best life and I’m not?
………………….Will he be the same with the next person?
Why am I still obsessed with him?

He never used to do any activities and then I took him to so many different places and now he gets everything from it?
If anyone can help me or feel they need more information on our relationship or break up… it would be much appreciated… I feel so empty like he is the winner?

Dec 14 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Yep,another loser narc...

Yep,another loser narc... Stay here with us..get yourself a therapist.. And get to work with Lisa's Books.. The six steps work if you do the work.. Time and NC Hunter
Dec 14 - 11AM
Used
Used's picture

luck2012

He is no winner.... ALL HE WANTS IS A SKIVVY, SERVANT, NURSEMAID AND GOPHER....DONT BE ANY OF THESE THINGS TO *THIS LOSER*.... WHAT HAS HE WON.....NOTHING AT ALL, YOU ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE US, AND YOUR FREEDOM....YOU ARE THE WINNER, PLEASE DONT FORGET THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 14 - 10AM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

He is far from the winner. He

He is far from the winner. He is a heartless, cruel, selfish man, who has no regard for you or anyone for that matter. He lies, lies, and lies. And like a lot of narcs, he is a puppeteer, dangling you from his strings. Get me pizza, rent a movie, where's my shirt? What a loser......he is a man looking for a subverviant woman. Turns it around and says you aren't "independant" enough? You were BEFORE you got tangled up in his web. Remember that. And yes, he will treat them all the same. Each and every woman that he meets and has met before you. He isn't interested in an emotional relationship, he is only interested in whats in it for him. Cut him loose and start your journey. The sooner you satrt NC with this insensitive joker, the better!
Dec 14 - 10AM
spinning
spinning's picture

Luck, this guy is a LOSER

AND A USER. This will not change. Luck, I have a few suggestions for you to try to shift the focus off of his lame, sorry using selfish self and what he's doing and with whom and onto you and what you can do to reclaim your power. You have a strong spirit, I see that in your post because despite the chaos and confusion he was constantly throwing your way, you listened to your gut and finally told him to move out and that you couldn't live that way. Here's the deal: It was his "grand revelation" that he "could not picture a future with you" so now you MUST MAKE HIM LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS CHOICE. BLOCK HIM FROM YOUR PHONE OR CHANGE YOUR NUMBER. Remove all things of his (if there are any in your possession) and get rid of them. ERASE HIM FROM YOUR RADAR SCREEN. Since he can't "picture a future with you" he is also not allowed to have a present with you, meaning HE CANNOT WISH YOU WELL, CONTACT YOU, TELL YOU HE MISSES YOUR MOM, ETC. BLOCK HIS ASS. Here are some blogs that may help you at the moment. Luck, if you understand what you're dealing with and how you got to this point, you have the power to change it and move ahead: http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/03/26/losing-ourselves-narcissist http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/04/19/why-we-obsess-about-narcissist http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/03/17/why-narcissist-inevitably-devalues-discards-dd-you http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/02/19/dont-be-afraid-cry Luck, this guy's a textbook user and abuser. Know this. Here is another tip that worked for me when I had the internal problems you describe above. Every time Freak Boy entered into my head I would literally say out loud 'YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE' or 'I HAVE NO ROOM IN MY LIFE FOR YOU' or 'GET OUT, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE' if I was alone. If I was at work I would say it to myself. I literally had to do this hundreds of times a day but it did help and it did make me feel that I was in control of my own thoughts...which I was and am. I hope this helps you some, Luck. You will feel better with COMPLETE NO CONTACT, knowledge, and time. Most sincerely, (not) spinning. I REJECT ALL CHAOS AND CONFUSION.

spinning

Dec 14 - 2PM (Reply to #11)
LUCK2012
LUCK2012's picture

thank u

I really cant thank you enough for your kind re-assuring ways- the warmth of just knowing that im not going crazy and that others understand me. I just cant thank you enough for your patience in talking to me. I just have these horrible sleepless nights that the next person hes with he will be diffferent and I blame myself for alot. And I feel like he is so happy now and i'm left here feeling so so heartbroken aned just looking back at all the things we did i just cant make sense of any of it I will do my upmost to put all my energy into me. Its just so hard at times. Thank you so much. Would like you to know that i am here for you to.. Much love Luck x
Dec 14 - 11AM (Reply to #2)
LUCK2012
LUCK2012's picture

hI Thank you so much for

hI Thank you so much for your reply I just feel sick that the next girl is going to be so lucky to be with him? why am i thinking like this?? He said to me before i knew we were going to break up that: I offer something differernt to every guy in this room' Is that something a narc would say? and what does it mean, I really cant get him out ofmy heaed? The other thing is he has deleted me and my close friends from facebook even though we couldn't see anything before AS he blocked everything? I dont understand why hes deleted me and my friends but no one else? Will he be the same with the next person/?
Dec 14 - 11AM (Reply to #10)
spinning
spinning's picture

Luck, dearheart, I hope you

are reading the blogs I attached. The one on obsessive thoughts would help you. Here is the sad reality. You must try to FORCE YOURSELF WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT to shift the focus off of him and what he's doing and why he's doing it and onto what YOU NEED TO DO to feel better about yourself. The things they do often will never make sense. We cannot make sense of the senseless things they do and trying to do so just takes up precious time and energy that would better be directed toward ourselves. I say this from experience, Luck. It's the truth and the sooner you own that the quicker you will move on in the process. Rest assured that he will repeat his behavior over and over again. Read all you can here, you will find that reassurance everywhere. You will also find knowledge, which helps you understand what you are dealing with and why you feel the way you do. The bottom line is you must go total and complete NO CONTACT, which includes not looking at facebook, googling his name, etc. etc. Please consider this from one who knows the value of it. It is the only way to clear the fog and begin to see with clarity that THERE IS NOTHING TO MISS from this user and abuser! Take it one second at a time. Commit to kicking him out of your head one minute at a time and keep doing it. Commit to total No Contact one minute at a time, too. Try with all your might. It will pay off, believe me! Most sincerely, (not) spinning. BECAUSE I KNOW TOO MUCH TO SPIN OVER A HOLLOW, SHALLOW LOSER AND LIAR

spinning

Dec 14 - 11AM (Reply to #3)
Used
Used's picture

luck2012

YEP...EXACTLY THE SAME..... He offers something diffrent to every guy in the room....HE FLATTERS HIMSELF.... He sounds like every other narc i have ever known....blocked on f/b?...this is what they do everytime, unless you get in first....if he unblocks you, then you block him....
Dec 14 - 2PM (Reply to #4)
LUCK2012
LUCK2012's picture

why do they block you if your

why do they block you if your the one who haesn't done anything? I haven't made contact or bothered him so why has he blocked me and my friends? God i just want to find the strength to be strong and get my confidence back. I really cant thank you enough for being there. I can't beleive so many go through this. Are you all from AMERICA? thinking of you all - Would like you know i am here for you too if you need help x
Dec 14 - 4PM (Reply to #6)
matahari
matahari's picture

its all about control

Luck , its all about control not wanting to lose it.Read the serenity Prayer it makes all the sense. I live in England though I see lots of the lovely people on here I assume are in America. You will get your confidence back, what does not kill you will make you stronger.Before my husband so cruelly dumped me I thought I could not live on my own but guess what? living on my own is a far happier option than living with that nightmare,though I must admit now and again he comes into my mind and I feel sad but hey I just face my pain cos I know it will eventually go away. Time is a healer and I have been doing all the things I was not able to do before becos I was on his back and call.All my friends who he alienated from me are back too.Good luck Girl, chinup, head up. Thank your lucky stars he's gone. Shut that door tightly another one will open for you and with your experience you will be able to recognise a good opening.xx
Dec 14 - 6PM (Reply to #7)
LUCK2012
LUCK2012's picture

thank you so much for your

thank you so much for your message i just can't get him out of my thought its so hard and im 5 months already out of it? it just hurts so so hard that he deleted me completely i feel like the next person he's with is so lucky? or will he be the same with them. feel like im losing my mind. so sorry where can i read that prayer? i live in England too xxx
Dec 15 - 6AM (Reply to #9)
matahari
matahari's picture

luck sweetheart

lucky sweetheart i meant to say.xx
Dec 15 - 6AM (Reply to #8)
matahari
matahari's picture

luck know the difference

Luck, in my last mail i meant to say that he does not want to lose control and not the other way around.Luck I bought Lisa scotts e book on moving on and it has helped a lot and i read a lot on narcissism on the net. Its like the book was written for me to read to save me. Lisa sweetheart he is no good. thank God it was only 3.5 years I did 7 and i married the bastard.They never come good infact they become worse with age.The next person is defo NOT lucky, he cannot change she will be treated the same way he treated you...you can only feel sorry for her. There serenity prayer goes like this. 'God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change and the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference. I was in your like you for a long time it felt crazy noone understood what i was trying to say or explain about being in this roller coaster relationship. Now i understand with lots and lots of reading and analysing ofcause i have my bad days but they are becomeing less the fact that he is having an affair has put paid to me ever wanting to speak to him again...I have my dignity and my pride and I love myself loads now lol!!!And the nice people in here are absolutely FAB....stay with us and count yourself lucky he is no more your problem.xxxxxxxx
Dec 14 - 3PM (Reply to #5)
Used
Used's picture

luck2012

ITS SO HE FEELS HE HAS THE POWER...NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS....NO BIG THOUGHT WENT INTO FOR HIM....JUST DONE DONE DONE......HE WILL BE BACK....WHEN HE IS BORED OR HAS NO SUPPLY....THATS WHEN YOU REALY HAVE TO BE STRONG...AND STAY NO CONTACT AT ALL COSTS...