Lets pretend we have 100 coins

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 22 - 11AM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

Lets pretend we have 100 coins

, and that we can use them any way we want. Instead of the time and energy we are given everyday, say we get 100 coins to spend. Where do we want to use those coins. Use five to sit around waiting for the phone to ring. Another five deciding we won't answer if it is the narc. Five more on re-living a past good moment. Ten on rumination. Twenty on calling my friends up and whining about the horrible things she did and said. Five checking my email account.

I have a hundred new ones everyday. I choose how and where to spend them. The narc has no control over how I spend my coins...but for months I spent at least fifty on her everyday. What could I have spent those coins on instead? I am not a victim, just a volunteer with a pocket full of coins who had a bad habit og giving them away for nothing in return but misery and darkness!

Spend wisely my friends!

ds

Sep 24 - 4PM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

I enjoyed reading your post.

I enjoyed reading your post. It's witty and fun, while at the same time, driving a very good point home. Very creative! Thanks for sharing!
Sep 22 - 11PM
Freedom101
Freedom101's picture

Here's something similar..

Imagine that you had won the following prize in a contest: Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules, just as any game has certain rules. The first set of rules would be: Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you. You may not simply transfer money into some other account. You may only spend it. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day. The second set of rules: The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, Its over, the game is over! It can close the account and you will not receive a new one. What would you personally do? You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right? Not only for yourself, but for all people you love, right? Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right? You would try to spend every cent, and use it all, right? ACTUALLY, this GAME is REALITY! Each of us is in possession of such a magical bank. We just can't seem to see it. The MAGICAL BANK is TIME! Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life, and when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us. What we haven't lived up that day is forever lost. Yesterday is forever gone. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time.... without warning. So, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds? Aren't they worth so much more than the same amount in dollars? Think about that, and always think of this: Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think. So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Sep 22 - 1PM
Used
Used's picture

COINS

I WOULD GIVE MINE TO MY EXN ,TO LEAVE THIS TOWN..
Sep 22 - 1PM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

How to spend

I'd find some worthy charities (like the food bank), get gifts for my nephew whose birthday is coming up... give an IOU to the ex-Psych prof, to dangle a promise knowing I'd never fulfill. I'd give him an IOU for 500 coins, knowing he has a love of money, and tell him about this kindly Christian woman in Nigeria who has an inheritance waiting for him... then skip town. With a smile on my face.
Sep 22 - 12PM
freaked
freaked's picture

If I had 100 coins, i would

If I had 100 coins, i would buy my exit. bribe the judges, the cops, the who's who to get my narc behind bars for the fraud that he is walking free in the guise of a benevolent, upright citizen.
Sep 22 - 12PM
Kiwi2005
Kiwi2005's picture

Spending MY coins

On being a Gracious Bitch today :) (Not in a bad way and not in a contact way)- NC BABY!!! Thanks D.S.!!!
Sep 22 - 11AM
ally2375
ally2375's picture

The latte factor

Have you heard about what has been dubbed "the latte factor"? The idea is that people will thoughtlessly spend $4 or more on a cup off coffee every day, not even thinking about it. Day after day, this really adds up. Conversely, taking that $4 and investing it elsewhere can make a big - and more positive - impact over time. I invested so many coins on my ex that I was running a serious debt for awhile! After a few months, I was just exhausted from feeling depleted all the time, and arguing with someone who wasn't even there. It took awhile, but I dug myself out and now spend my coins much more wisely now. :)