After a year NC..a set back...UGHHHHHHHHH ...MAD..need advice ladies...

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 7 - 1PM
jekyll-hyde nomore
jekyll-hyde nomore's picture

After a year NC..a set back...UGHHHHHHHHH ...MAD..need advice ladies...

The contact happened this past Sunday, and I've just now calmed down enough to write about it.

My BFF invited me to her daugher's bday party. (My BFF's husband is my EX-N's friend). I know that we should drop ALL associations, however this one is the only tie I still have. She and I have been life-long friends since meeting in Kindergarten! She is very respectful when it comes to my NO CONTACT rules and my ex-N, however, Sunday...it finally happened....

I walked into Chuck E' Cheese and there he sat. It seemed like everything was in slow motion. It has been over a year since I have seen his face or even talked to him. To make matters worse, he was with the OW....and...she is pregnant. I went about the night...like a zombie. I tried to smile and talk with others at the party, I stayed away from him and he NEVER attempted to initiate contact with me either.

I feel ok now. It did set me back for a couple of days. But more than that...I am VERY upset with my BFF. I am hurt, disappointed, etc. I called her the next morning to discuss how this had affected me and how she watched the abuse I endured for three years, and she didn't even warn me about him being there???? She said she didn't think much of it, that it had been a year or so, he has moved on and so have I and that I "need to get over it." ......

Now what? Who is right, who is wrong? I dont' know, but I feel awful. Apart of me feels she is right...the other BIG part of me feels betrayed and questioning my future friendship with her...

Im mad, sad...and in need of some advice on how you would handle this??? I told her how I felt, and basically she has said, that he is friends with her husband and she can't change that???? Mind you....my Ex-N has NEVER showed up to her kids parties before??? NEVER..WHY NOW???

UGHHHHHHHHH

May 8 - 5PM
forgivingmyself
forgivingmyself's picture

That must have been really

May 8 - 10AM
Portia
Portia's picture

On a scale of 1 to 10 . . .

May 9 - 7AM (Reply to #12)
jekyll-hyde nomore
jekyll-hyde nomore's picture