One on One, in the Nick of Time

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 8 - 8AM
anonymous1
anonymous1's picture

One on One, in the Nick of Time

I had a one-on-one session, trying to get through a lot of the anger I have at her (narcissist) and him (guy I was replaced overnight with).

In the session, I was told that by still idealizing this person, by not accepting who she is/was, I was hindering my recovery. And, that the way to let the anger go was to accept that this is a disordered person, and that what she did to me wasn't personal, it's what she will do to everyone.

So, later that night, I'm at a business meeting with an engaged couple, probably the couple closest to us during the whole thing.

The guy says, "You two are going to get back together. This new guy, he is never around any more, it's not going to last, she has no other men around who can help her with her daughter, all of her friends like you, she's going to come back, and you're going to take her back."

I look at his fiancee, who is her co-worker, and she stares at me and says, "She's never going to change. Remember that."

But, I think, with what I've learned, that she won't come back, because what she disliked about me (other than that I wasn't rich or generous enough) was that I told the truth; she didn't want to hear it then, and she'll never want to hear it now.

But, just to brace myself, I did a little online snooping, and sure enough, she's reaching out for old guys from the past, just like she did once for me.

So, while this new BF is still paying her bills, she's putting out feelers to old bf's who, according to her, had serious flaws, but they have $$$ and they idolize her, so that's most important.

I guess I wish now that I would have cut ALL contact with everyone associated, but on the other hand, I didn't want to lose any more opportunities or jobs because of her.

It's just tough to swallow that I was an interchangeable source of "supply" and not loved or appreciated for anything that to do with me, uniquely.

Feb 15 - 10PM
SECM1968
SECM1968's picture

Challenging

Feb 11 - 11AM
Getting healthy
Getting healthy's picture

"I look at his fiancee, who

Feb 12 - 9PM (Reply to #6)
anonymous1
anonymous1's picture

So many weird things happening