Trouble in Paradise?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 23 - 2PM
HappyToForget
HappyToForget's picture

Trouble in Paradise?

Next week it will be exactly one year since the D&D. Same day my dog died, so I will always remember the date. He had already found NS, and asked me for "radio silence." Of course, he was too much of a pussy to tell me about her, I found out the hard way.

In anticipation of some weird and yet very unlikely "anniversary" related hoover (?) this month, I changed my name on FB, posted a generic profile photo, already changed my phone number, and basically went invisible. I've been feeling strong, taking steps (baby steps) to heal my FOO issues and concentrate on my spiritual life, working out more, reading, forgiving, being grateful, etc.

So imagine my surprise when I logged into my LinkedIn account - which I use for business - and saw that NS viewed my profile yesterday. She removed her photo, but failed to go anonymous, so I saw her name. I've never met her, but many months ago I saw her on FB, she's very pretty, has a good job, and I feel sorry for her. She allowed him to move into a house that she owns ... oops, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me :)

It's not a big deal, honestly, but it got me thinking (just briefly, I promise!). I'm guessing that he's triangulating her... either with me or his XW or both. Even though he himself is incredibly insecure, I imagine that he's trying to make her feel insecure, possibly telling her about me (I want him back, or some other nonsense). Or perhaps his mask is slipping and she is pulling away, so he's playing a game. Regardless of the reality of their life, I am so happy to say: honey, he's your problem now!!

I have been absolute NC for about 11 months, so why in the world would she come looking at me now? I've never met her and we don't have any mutual friends. Doesn't she wonder why his ex-fiancé never ever contacted him or tried to be friends? This is all rhetorical, and I just wanted to get it out - wouldn't want my friends to think I even remember his name :)). But seeing her name pop up just made me realize... all is not paradise as they like to project. If it was so wonderful, the NS wouldn't even know my name.

I've seen it said here before... by the time NS/OW realizes what a POS narc he is, I will be a year or two along in my recovery. Newcomers take heart, they NEVER EVER change. But you can <3

Jan 24 - 4PM
HappyToForget
HappyToForget's picture

It gets wierder

Jan 23 - 3PM
spinning
spinning's picture

So glad this is

spinning

Jan 23 - 7PM (Reply to #2)
HappyToForget
HappyToForget's picture