Success

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 25 - 6AM
SkinnyBuffalo
SkinnyBuffalo's picture

Success

It's now been 6 months no contact and I can truly say I am a different person now, without the constant anxiety, games and abuse. After carefully dating a bit to get through it (which isn't really a good idea btw) and noticing many of them were N's and those that weren't I wasn't really interested in, I took a break. I met someone a couple of months ago who's NORMAL. I've noticed that I'm not CRAZY in this relationship. It's fun, I don't NEED him, and he's not using me. Sometimes it's boring lol. I do think about the N from time to time. I fantasize like an addict about when we were first together, and like an addict I know I can never have that drug again. There's no chance I will ever break contact. Dealing with the hatred and wanting revenge and all that money back gets to me at times, but prayer and refocus helps it pass. I pray for his current and future victims. I absolutely could not have left that relationship of 1.5 years without this forum, without listening to Goldie, without joining her group, without reading Lisa's book. I am actually friends with one (and there were many) of the OW he cheated on me with, and we help each other move forward and stay NC. It's tough and it's the worst thing I've ever been through, but YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT. And life is wonderful on the other side. No contact (or minimal if kids are involved)is the ONLY way. I didn't believe it until 6 months ago but it saved me, literally. Wishing you all the best - hang in there and your life will turn around as quickly as you decide it needs to. I highly recommend Goldie's group, and no she didn't tell me to say that lol.

Nov 25 - 8AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Keep the Buzz alive..

Nov 25 - 6AM
Used
Used's picture

skinnybuffalo

Nov 25 - 6AM
LightAtTheEndOf...
LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel's picture

This is so heartwarming to