DJ's Story

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 16 - 9AM
DJ
DJ's picture

DJ's Story

Same story....

My story is so very similar to the many I have read here. Reading them makes me feel not so alone. I left my Narc BF two and a half years ago. He was physical abusive and on this particular night my children saw it. We left that very night.

It was the same for me as everyone else here in the respect that it was wonderful in the beginning. My family adored him, my children adored him as I did too. Things moved very quickly and I did notice a few signs that something wasn't right, but I ignored them. We moved in with him. Gradually of the next few months, I began noticing more and more things not quite right. The anger, mood swings, accusations came more and more often.

In public he put on the Mr. Wonderful act, but behind closed doors he was a monster. My family and friends didn't believe me when I tried to tell them how he was being. Which just made me believe it WAS me and I worked harder to keep him happy. I felt so alone.

This continued for nearly three years. The walking on egg shells everyday. Even my daughters were beginning to see what was happening and all three of us lived each day wondering what the next would bring.

We finally escaped that one dreadful night. One I am sure my girls were never forget as i know that I never will.

Of course he begging... and cried... and made promises daily. And I fell for them. Two months after we left he met and moved in a married woman and her three children. All the while still calling, texting and emailing me to "work things out". He said he wasn't happy with her, that she was only there to help him with his children, etc. This continued for two years. I even tried to tell the OW what he was up to, and she refused to believe me. She claimed I was stalking him and that she couldn't believe I left this wonderful man. ... ugh!

After changing my phone number three times (he always managed to get my new number out of my friends and family who still believed he was Mr. Wonderful). I finally blocked his number on my phone three months ago. This is the FIRST no contact I have had in over two years. I am getting stronger little by little.

We live in a small town, so I see him and his new family often. I feel sorry for her and her children because I know he will do the same to them. But I have to admit... I will be happy to see the day that she sees the man he really is.

He managed to convince not only me, but an entire community that he is this perfect person. I now know better. Unfortunately the people of the town worship him. it makes me physically ill to see him out and the people practically line up the get a "good ol boy" pat on the back from him or to shake his hand. I want to scream "HE IS A MONSTER."

I could go on and on about stories of emotional and physical abuse. Mine are no different than many of the other posts here. But right now I am trying to get myself back and that's what I need to concentrate on instead of looking back on the hurt and the pain.

I appreciate this site because it has helped me not feel so alone. Thanks to everyone and all the posts.

Apr 16 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Good luck on the