Did any of you encounter this with your Exnarc?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 22 - 7PM
onwithmylife
onwithmylife's picture

Did any of you encounter this with your Exnarc?

there werre some times when he would just not get" normal conversation" like when we talked on the phone and were wrapping it up, i wouls say sometimes,' well I will let you go now,' he wold repeat back amd say'let me go?' and then when I would oftn end it with "take care" he would me would mimic or make fun of that comment and say"take care", just was weird in his distorted thinking, did you all have any episodes like that?

Feb 23 - 7AM
Maya (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Totally!

Yes yes! Conversation was always weird with him. More like a monologue. He would talk for a long time and then I would chime in to express an idea or change the topic and he would pause....and then continue speaking about whatever he was talking about just picking up where he left off. I suppose he thought I was rude to interupt him. So in effect there was no real 2-way "conversation" with him, and literally he never shut up, could not be silent for more than a minute. Also when wrapping up a phone conversation he would say, "what else do you have to tell me about Maya?" or "tell me something sweet" if we weren't talking about a subject not related to HIM. Totally annoying and maddening! Once when I was eavesdropping on him on the phone with one OW he said "tell me about Margo...." just like he did to me; just retarded really. And so clueless.
Feb 23 - 7AM
janemarie
janemarie's picture

Funny you say this....I

Funny you say this....I questioned mine about this very thing.....his response, "Im just a very literal person due to my high intellect!!!!!" The guy is a service technician...not a brain surgeon!!!! (no disrespect to any blue collar worker)...just trying to make a point!
Feb 22 - 8PM
HelpMeHeal
HelpMeHeal's picture

Funny you should mention this...

Mine would never let ME initiate the end of a phone conversation. If I paused and said, "okay well I'll let you go.....", he would always talk a few minutes longer and then tell me HE had to go! I asked him why he did this, and he just laughed. Ugh!!! Add it to my "annoying things" list!!!!
Feb 22 - 10PM (Reply to #5)
walking_on_sunshine
walking_on_sunshine's picture

Same as HelpMeHeal... exact

Same as HelpMeHeal... exact same.
Feb 22 - 7PM
neverlookback
neverlookback's picture

Yes

he was weird on the phone - and mine also would get irritated if I started asking questions about our relationship, he would say he had to go - ya right
Feb 22 - 7PM
Night Owl
Night Owl's picture

When I would try to talk

When I would try to talk seriously about our relationship ex N would always try to act like I was giving him a headache, or else he would act like I was some wacko. He obviously was not into introspection at all. In fact when I look back his conversations seemed to be mainly about work and his family (YAWN!).
Feb 23 - 8AM (Reply to #2)
Snowflake
Snowflake's picture

Yes

Mine would say 'so what else do you want to tell me about' ..when actually I had hardly said anything because it was all about him. If I asked something he dd not want to answer he would just say 'next'.