Before I Left Him & Facebook & The B.S. with ex-girlfriends

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 4 - 3PM
abreva
abreva's picture

Before I Left Him & Facebook & The B.S. with ex-girlfriends

I'm just posting this for informational or anecdotal reasons.

Maybe it will help someone who had a similar experience.

Before I left him, long before I figured out what it was that was wrong with him - (If only I had known what term to Google - I would've been so much better off.) I was snooping around. Was he having an affair? Doing drugs? So I looked through his email when I could. And I looked through facebook emails. And never found anything meaningful. But one thing I found was just SO WEIRD.

He had this old girlfriend. So long ago. And I had heard some stories about her. No big deal. He wrote her this 'hi, how are you?' email, where he went on and on and on and on about how great his life was. And especially how great I was. Me. Me - the one he screamed at - ranted and raged and threatened. Get out of the house! - the constant divorce threats. How defective I was, how sick I was (mentally ill). But he's writing his long ago ex-girlfriend how wonderful, talented, beautiful and what a great mother I was. I think he even gave details of some projects I was working on - like why on earth would she care?

And she wrote something back, that was sort of polite, but she wrote like, why are you telling me all this crap? Why would I care? She said it really nicely, but she was also telling him - look here, Stupid, don't bother me.

He didn't write her back.

And here's another thing, now that I'm writing this, I realize this is the same crap that he did with our friends/family (not that I believe a word he ever said). After I left him, for more than a year, he would write me these LONG emails where he would try to get me to come back. And one thing that stuck in my brain: he said that everyone was really shocked when I left him, because he had never said a bad word about me. ??? He always played the Crazy-Wife card with people, but it was more for sympathy, I think. Like, he got to be the sainted and long-suffering husband, so caring and EMPATHETIC --- what a great guy, a HERO, so tolerant. b.s. b.s. b.s.

But maybe so. Maybe he never talked crap about me, because he wanted everyone to think that he had some perfect life. And I blew his cover when I left. He's really been MAD about that. I ruined his narrative. I ruined the story line of his life.

Feb 4 - 8PM
janemarie
janemarie's picture

Drama is their middle name!!

They love drama...they love to have people think how wonderful their life is and how wonderful we are...for one...they want poeple to be envious of them that they found such a perfect mate, after all, they must be wonderful themselves to be able to find such a great woman....and two...after they build us up to be fantastic, it helps them pay the pity card after it doesnt work out...poor Narc boy, who had such a misfortune to lose such a relationship...This looks quite appealing to new supply who can come in to rescue him from his great dispair.... They always have an agenda...and it's always to benefit themselves.....
Feb 4 - 11PM (Reply to #6)
abreva
abreva's picture

Oh yes. DRAMA!

JaneMarie, I didn't notice that til you wrote this. Of course, the DRAMA! He gets off on it. Part of his persona is calm, reserved, sedate. BUT IT'S AN ACT. See that's part of the CD. Because he says one thing but does another. He puts on such a show. SO DRAMATIC. And he pretends that he's other. The home he has -- so dramatic. It doesn't fit him at all. His car -- just a big question mark. They don't fit the persona. Wacky. Now I have something else to consider. WOW.
Feb 4 - 6PM
nlvr7
nlvr7's picture

fb drama

ugh i hate fb. me and my N were 'in a relationship" on fb, day after he dropped me he deleted all of our pictures and every wall post i left him. i switched to "single" first and defriended him first. so whatev. then he switched his privacy settings to where his wall is visible. jerk. hasnt had much activity since the break up. he "liked" an animal shelter (puh-lease) and added some people. only one girl to where i would question if she is t OW. but im cuter so yay :)
Feb 4 - 6PM (Reply to #4)
Phoenix72
Phoenix72's picture

FB drama! You got that

FB drama! You got that right!!! He does still have the posts that I put on his wall from like a year ago when we were friends on there. He, however, never did put pictures of us on there although he only took one or two pictures with me cause he didn't like pictures (or so he claims)! He even has posts on there still from MY friends from back then where they would post stuff about he and I (my friends deleted him a long time ago). He still has the OW that he screwed around with while he was with me as his FB friends. Guess he viewed his FB as some sort of Plentyoffish! lol He never did change his relationship status from single, not once! hahaha
Feb 4 - 4PM
Phoenix72
Phoenix72's picture

I wish mine would've even

I wish mine would've even acknowledged me on facebook! HA When we first started seeing each other we were fb friends until I questioned about a woman he had friended on there. He got all defensive about it, saying that he had known her for a long time because she's an insurance agent. Umm, this fool doesn't have a car to even have insurance nor a house to have insurance on that!! Well, he tried to tell me that he would defriend her if I would delete all my male friends on fb. Well, that wasn't even feasible because most of my male friends were either family or from high school. So he defriended me and never friended me again! lol Come to find out he was screwing her about a month after he friended her on fb! hahaha As far as the emails...well, I found several texts that he had sent to his ex's and they either replied with DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN or didn't reply at all. HUGE RED FLAG!!
Feb 4 - 4PM
abusednomore
abusednomore's picture

About 3 weeks before my ex

About 3 weeks before my ex left me, he wrote his status on facebook as "my girlfriend is the best, she does so much for everyone else and she is the best gf and mother ever"!!!! now i know he was getting ready to leave me and had already lined up the OW! plus this was about the time he made me go to the docs and get antidepressants cos I was the one who was ill!!!! i blew his cover on fb when he left as i used to post every nasty thing he did to me and made sure his friends knew. They have since been "puppeted" again by him but i think they r more wary of him, and my snooping on fb before i went NC, they were never friends with the OW even tho i were after 3-4months of bein with him. and the exnarc is doin the most awful shit to me, even worse than what he did to his exwife and i think its cos i blew his cover!!! hahahaha! what a nob!!!!