cdngemini's story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 1 - 7AM
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

cdngemini's story

CL's Story

Well I had just come out of a year healing from a 18-year marriage to someone I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with.....until the mid-life crisis hit. He got the new girlfriend, new sports car and off he went.

So I bought a new house, started my life and for the first time I went on line in search of someone different. I dated a few, not really my type when I started chatting with someone that I connected with from the moment my first key hit the keyboard. Let's call him D.

So D and I came from the same background - meaning we were both adopted, both came very bad childhoods and both divorced. Only difference was he got married older (35) and only married for 3 years. When I married young (23) and married for 18. I should have seen the red flag then......but we met and soon my life changed.

This is where the true story begins.

He lived with his friend, renting a 10x10 room. He's broke (48k) and doesn't have furniture, actually not owning a thing except for his expensive clothes. He went out a lot at restaurants, charged everything.....again I should have seen all the red flags, but I didn't. Then the controlling started. The way I dressed, the way I looked, my hair wasn't long, so he told me to grow it....and so on and so on. Again, being blind. He told me that he dated many women that didn't understand him, didn't get who he was, yet told me I did.

We dated for a year and then we decided he would move in since he was spending every single night with me anyway. He moved in middle of November until the day I went into his phone (January 3) and saw that he was on-line dating. I kicked him out.

During our time dating he always wanted me to change, always wanted me to get 'fixed'. I was like a little secret in his life, didn't really meet his friends, only his birth mother. He was always on his phone, he was always talking about his work, his feelings, and always wanted me to listen, to fetch his meals, do his laundry, clean the house while he just sat. And I did - stupid me did it. He had it made. So why would he do this?

I found out I was 10 weeks pregnant the day before I opened his phone. Didn't tell him until I kicked him out. He was so happy, yet knew that we were no longer together. I lost the baby over a week ago - he came over for about 1 hour to try and comfort me and then left for hockey. Again all about him.

He still has all his things at my place except for his clothes........what does this mean? Controlling, thinking he might come back if one of these other women don't work. OMG - I read this website and all of a sudden everything came clear - this was him

HELP ME - I need to feel I have my life back -

Feb 1 - 11AM
spinning
spinning's picture

cdg, I am so sorry you

had to go through what you've recently endured but glad you found this forum to help you with your desire, i.e. to get your life back. So I'd like to help you start doing that now. First, it sounds like you've read a lot here and had a lot of lightbulb moments. Keep reading and digesting and accepting what you read as the truth. There are hundreds of people here who have gone through this and you will find the stories are very similar. That's because it's the truth. Please continue to read and educate yourself as it makes the rest of the difficult work somewhat easier. Next, put all of his "stuff" in a box or bag and remove it from your home. It is no longer your concern. You do not need it. If you are not ready to discard it completely, just remove it from your home and dismiss it from your thoughts. The disordered freak I was involved with disappeared leaving all his "stuff" at my house, too, including some clothes. Because this had been a pattern in the past (disappearing act, silent treatment punishments) I decided this was the last time. I want you to decide that, too. This is how you get your life back. I boxed up his stuff and put it out on my deck, where it sat for seven months until I finally tossed it out in the trash. As it turns out, he later came back to the area but that's another story. The stuff is gone and therefore there is no reason for contact or communication. You do know that you will hear from this person. You must remember that it is HIS CHOICE to abandon you, punish you, etc. etc. and that it is now YOUR CHOICE TO REJECT THAT KIND OF TREATMENT and get your life back. It starts NOW WITH NO CONTACT. This means do not answer the phone, the door, emails, etc. To continue to engage with this person means to repeat the same behavior/treatment over and over and over and over. It stops when you stop it. We can help. I hope this helps some, cdg. Hugs to you and good vibes for clarity and strength from, (not) spinning. AND SO VERY GRATEFUL FOR THAT

spinning

Feb 1 - 11AM (Reply to #4)
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

Spinning - thank you

First of all I need to ask, why do these people do this. Are they that insecure? Why do they leave and then come back? If they have this need to date others, then why don't they leave you alone. I'm trying to understand all this - please. You said he will return - what makes you think that?
Feb 1 - 12PM (Reply to #5)
spinning
spinning's picture

Hi, cdn, I understand

your questions because some time ago I was in your shoes, struggling to free myself from what I knew what a toxic and abusive relationship that would destroy me if I stayed. Here are some blogs that might help you. I highly recommend reading all the blogs here. It is time well spent and you will begin to understand better the dynamic of these disordered relationships: http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/04/23/why-narcissist-chooses-us http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/03/17/why-narcissist-inevitably-devalues-discards-dd-you http://www.lisaescott.com/2011/04/19/why-we-obsess-about-narcissist Keep reading, keep sharing, keep striving. If you want your life back, you can have your wish. You have to CHOOSE IT and then do whatever it takes to make it happen. Sincerely, (not) spinning. AND SO VERY GRATEFUL FOR THAT

spinning

Feb 1 - 7AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Welcome to Narcville.. Help

Welcome to Narcville.. Help is available here.. Read, post ,and NC We are offering a support group staring FEB 8.. I highly recommend it.. Hunter
Feb 1 - 7AM (Reply to #2)
cdngemini
cdngemini's picture

Hunter

Thank you :)