Scoop's Story chapter 2

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 9 - 1PM
Scoop
Scoop's picture

Scoop's Story chapter 2

I wrote my first story when i first joined this board , unfortunately i was hovered back in for 6 months after i joined and it was in thoses six months where the violence happened and the most terrible emotional abuse kicked in .
I had a short honeymoon period where i was told i was the most wonderful person , so beautiful , smart and clever ,we had long mornings in bed and i was included in all his plans , we would go out and danced all night and cuddle up in bed till dawn and sleep in each others arms and i was right back i the relationship , if possible i loved him even more than before .
One morning after a couple of hours suggling up and making love in bed i went out shopping on my own , i left him in his house and when i returned i came back with a present for him , a towel , which i knew he needed . I put my bags down and showed him what i brought , i showed him a dress and he laughed at it and i said "dont you like it ?" and he said "its rubbish " .. my bubble burst .. i said "dont be horrible because you wont get youre present "still trying to be normal and light and he snapped back at me "i dont want a present from you " ... and rght there and then my d&d had started , there was no warning , nothing had changed since that morning he had just decided that his mask would come of and i was in for months of hell .
I spent everyday trying to find the nice side of him and the more i tried the worse he became and the more he belittled and shamed me . Once in a while he would throw me a crum to keep me sweet but mostly i could do nothing right , i was stupid and he was the only person who understood "all my problems" ,his words not mine .
One night he attacked me punching me in the breasts (where it wouldnt show ) and he held and shook me so hard it took 4 weeks for the bruises to go on my arms . He called the incident "a fight" , i call it domestic violence . .. It took as long as the bruises to go for me to realise i was with a dangerous abuser , there is something about looking at bruises in the mirror everyday that stops any magic thinking and helps to focus the mind . I made the decision to go NC from him and to never give him my time again .
I was trauma bonded with my narc and it took every ounce of will power to leave , somewhere deep in me was a survival instinct , i knew i had reached the end and it was either him or me and i chose ME .. xx

Apr 14 - 9AM
candy
candy's picture

well done scoop.

Wow, it just goes to show how easy and quick they can change themselves from mr nice to mr nasty..... thats scary,but well done to you for getting out,he seems a dangerous man to be around. What a horrible way to be treated,you must of been devastated,i hope you never go back,be strong and always remember his bad side ..... lots of hugs to you .... CANDY !
Apr 9 - 6PM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Scoop

I am so sorry you experienced that...when I read about physical abuse like that it makes my blood boil. I thank God you had the strength to walk out. I am sure that writing and recalling this was difficult. I commend you for being brave enough to face this, write about it and share with others so that they too can see they are not alone. Warm hugs and postiive vibes for your continued healing and growth.
Apr 9 - 2PM
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Scoop

Wow, thank you so much for being brave enough to share the details of Chapter 2 with your Narc, Scoop. It really helps everyone understand that they do not change. The Hoovering is an act and they can't keep it up for long. Eventually, the mask will fall and their true colors will emerge again. Often times, much worse than before. Scoop - it infuriates and pains me to think of what he did to you. You are right. That wasn't a "fight." It was outright "domestic violence" and he is a criminal. Thank you for sharing your story so others can learn from your experience. Big Hugs, Lisa