Do N's Always Come on Very Strong in the Beginning?

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 23 - 8PM
PumpKyn80
PumpKyn80's picture

Do N's Always Come on Very Strong in the Beginning?

My ExN came among extremely strong in the beginining. Texts/calls every two hours, calling me baby right away, even before the date. So as part of the red flags, do all N's come on very strong in the beginining? or do some of them actually take it slow?

Jun 27 - 2AM
NoNarcingZone
NoNarcingZone's picture

Snake Charmer

Indeed. The N & I hadn't seen each other in 3 years at the time. With his 1st deployment 2 mos away, the N came on like 'gang busters' (excessive force). He had to work quickly - he was only in our hometown 2 more days before his vacation was up & he'd have to return to his post back east. Supply was needed. We watched an eclipse & he spoke of how the timing of this encounter was predestined. He returned to his post & asked if I would fly out to see him. I went. Amazing sex every day. When I returned back home, he arranged for me to meet his family...without him. I agreed. They were nice, but his mom talked WAY too much. Telling details of the N's past relationships. Red flags were @ half mast (signaling distress). That whirlwind began 3 yrs ago. In that time, the N & I have married, had a baby, relocated 2x & I've left him 3x (flying 3K-6K miles back home each time). Dating him during the deployment was easy (compared to married life living with him). We've been apart more than we've been together. He just began his 2nd deployment - this time without me. I imagine the 4 friends (exes) he has on his new 'mystery alias' Facebook page should be sufficient supply to get him through. I can offer him nothing but my continued silence.

-------------------------------------------
"Soldier, don't confuse your rank with MY authority!"

Jun 26 - 9PM
broken23
broken23's picture

i too dont want to remember

i too dont want to remember the first days because it was bliss. the attention, the affection, the words he used to say.. he told me very fast he loved me and always had from before. too good to be true
Jun 25 - 9PM
AnotherPath
AnotherPath's picture

Yes, emailed me the next

Yes, emailed me the next date after I said I'd meet him and said he loved me. Such BS and I fell for the 20 emails a day of his profound love, how he loved not just my looks but also my personality. One date!! why didn't I think like all the sensible women, he's f..cking odd, run.

Ending the dance

Jun 25 - 11AM
rainbow1
rainbow1's picture

yes they all do

I have been avoiding answering this question because I didnt want to remember what it was like in the beginning. He was so nice and charming, called so many times a day, told me we were soulmates in the second day, called me baby first day, text "good morning baby" starting second day, would HAVE to pick me up for dates, wined and dined me, etc. Needless to say he was prince charming, until much later.

Jun 24 - 10PM
enoughalready
enoughalready's picture

come on

Yes-my XN came on to me very strong. They have to brainwash so they can d/d in the end. It almost feels as if he drugged me w/ his sweet seduction, great sex, with a lot of fun positive attitude. That changed drastically as soon as he knew I was hooked!
Jun 25 - 11AM (Reply to #17)
hitandrun
hitandrun's picture

Mine did too

Called me multiple times a day, sent emails, bought me gifts, sent flowers, paid for everything, involved me with his friends and family,said ALL the right things, and the incredible sex hooked me right in. He was really good at what he did...seemed like the nicest most humble guy in the world...yeah right. He f*cked me over BIG TIME and never batted an eye.
Jun 24 - 9PM
Janet
Janet's picture

Mine did. We met on an

Mine did. We met on an airplane, I was living in NY him in CA. I gave him my email address. I saved his first letter, telling me how he had been struck to the core and that that did not happen often to him (hahahahha). From that point on he would text and email about 5-6 times a day and we would talk every night for hours. Within about a month he asked if I loved him (I had not seen him since the flight!) But I was so hooked. I visited him twice and moved to CA (luckily I am from the bay area so it was coming home too) because he said, "Come on out here and let me put a baby in you and we will be a family". He has a son that stays with him every weekend. SO, luckily no baby ever happened but 4 years of hell and what the hell did. Peace. J

Peace. J

Jun 24 - 8PM
Kelly
Kelly's picture

Yes

All of mine did. Extremely intense. Personally, I don't like constant texting and phone calls and they didn't do that. They just made a big effort to see me as often as possible and make every date fantastic. Then the sex was really intense - - it became extremely passionate very quickly.
Jun 24 - 6PM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

The armchair psychologist

My ex-P came onto me VERY STRONG. He acted as if he knew my motivations, my thoughts, my feelings. He'd always wonder aloud why I was nervous around him... turns out I had my reasons. He'd call my laughter and smiling "defense mechanisms" and claim that I really wasn't happy. Over the phone, he wouldn't allow me to say "have a good day" or "have a good evening"--I'd have to say "bye" or "goodbye" WITHOUT EMOTION. He'd tell me very personal things from the get-go... and one of them, I think, had credibility. He said his lack of emotions terrified his parents, and that they'd take him to the local mental hospital as a child. He told me not to tell anyone;there was real shame and vulnerability there. He'd always say "tell me more about yourself." I'd press him for reciprocation, to know more about him... and he'd clam up. He wanted to be an enigma. When I told him during the D&D that I had found out that his father was a professor, he freaked out... perhaps he was afraid that I had told his father about his behavior (I never did) After getting all personal with me, talking about his feelings, his thoughts, his imaginary European vacations--he told me "Think of me ONLY as a teacher" after I had told him that his parents cared about him, his sister cared about him, that I cared about him. He took offense that I'd see him as a human first, and his humanity preceded him being a teacher.
Jun 26 - 2PM (Reply to #12)
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Oh Man

Very creepy this dude. The "Mr. Sensitive" type. The most dangerous. Mine was very big into psychology & feelings. Mostly his own. Mine told me his ex-wife once said that he was nothing but an "abyss." Yep. So true. Also said his ex-wife thought he was an "egoist" and he thought that might be true. Understatement. Mine was testing my reactions to these statements. I don't know. My 2 1/2 year was truly the "mindf**k."
Jun 26 - 6PM (Reply to #13)
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Psychology and feelings

My ex-P said something VERY creepy early on. He said that he was scared of feelings, and that he wished I didn't have emotions. When I was in his freshman lab class, he'd make me read the same passage OVER AND OVER,in his words "can you say without emotion?" His reaction to a physical injury in the lab was very... weird. It wasn't too serious, but everyone told him to go to the doctor, and he seemed very... oblivious. Very surreal. Yes, my ex-P played the "Mr. Sensitive and Humility" card. He claimed he was incredibly humble... yet his fellow professors avoided him for the most part, or were on the level of polite acquaintance, but nothing more. His story about going to Worcester State as a child sounded creepy enough to be TRUE, since psychopaths rarely confess to vulnerability, or less-than-Godness. What was just as creepy was that when a female relative of his in Massachusetts fell ill, and he had to go there, his reaction was VERY detached. I did the usual "I hope she gets better" and "this must be hard for you",but he got snappy and cruel with me.
Jun 24 - 8PM (Reply to #10)
PumpKyn80
PumpKyn80's picture

Mine told me about himself

Mine told me about himself like it was scripted. He was like let me tell you about myself. Im very much into God I am a person who does not like drama (go figure because the "relationship" with him from the very start was nothing but DRAMA!!!) I write music Im humble Im blah blah blah blah!!!!!!
Jun 24 - 10PM (Reply to #11)
naivenomore
naivenomore's picture

Yep, that's what I heard, too!

Mine told me and everyone else that he was maintaining a "drama-free zone". What a hoot!
Jun 24 - 6AM
Bodhi
Bodhi's picture

Yup

This was my experience as well. My ExN pursued me for about 5 months and he would NOT give up. Finally, I fell in love with him... Same thing with his next victim... he moved in with her right away and they were engaged after only 5 months. When I think about him, he never really described his past relationships as "being in love". He told me after we broke up that he realized at some point that he was never in love with me, he was just infatuated with me. I think his relationships, which I'm sure is true of other Ns, are more about obsessions and infatuations (idealization) and then once they get bored the hell begins...
Jun 24 - 5AM
TNR1
TNR1's picture

That was my experience....

When I met Mr. N, he was extraordinarily charming, extremely flattering and called/texted me several times. To say I was swept off my feet was an understatement. He was so fixated on me it was such a rush. But that did not last very long at all. Within a month, his true colors started showing.
Jun 23 - 10PM
Introspection
Introspection's picture

They do...

I've been involved 3 Ns throughout my life and all 3 came across very strong (N magnet). This approach is in line with their agenda because they need to work fast to WOW us (hook) and to make sure we do not notice all the "red flags." We'll see what other's experiences have been with their XNs.
Jun 24 - 2AM (Reply to #2)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Yes, they come on strong

Introspection is right. They come on strong and want to secure your love quickly before you figure them out and see their true colors!
Jun 24 - 8AM (Reply to #3)
PumpKyn80
PumpKyn80's picture

The thing that baffles me

The thing that baffles me the most is that I was not even interested in him at first, not attracted at all. So I can't even say I fell for him because of "looks". I don't even know how I ended up attracted to him. I should have told him point blank I was not interested from the start instead I did the whole "let me give him a chance" thing and I felt sorry for him. The way he clung to me made me feel uncomfortable. This is the weirdest "relationship" (I put that in quotes because it was not a real relationship) I have ever experienced.
Jun 25 - 9PM (Reply to #5)
NancyM
NancyM's picture

baffled

Same, but you know what? Someone finally asked me if I had chosen them, or if they had chosen me. (3 in a row) In all cases they came after me. I guess I always tripped over my own ego a bit in that respect because they were soooo into me. But we were hunted, nothing more, and they worked on us to find the cracks in our armor so to speak. Like when they go through the stage of wanting to know allll about us, hang on our every word, and everything seems so intense... I liken that to a feeding frenzy of theirs. They are analyzing, storing and evaluating everything about us. We are being bitten by the vampire, big time.

Nevergoback

Jun 26 - 11AM (Reply to #6)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Feeding Frenzy

Nancy, I love the way you put this: "But we were hunted, nothing more, and they worked on us to find the cracks in our armor so to speak. Like when they go through the stage of wanting to know allll about us, hang on our every word, and everything seems so intense... I liken that to a feeding frenzy of theirs. They are analyzing, storing and evaluating everything about us. We are being bitten by the vampire, big time." So true!
Jun 24 - 8AM (Reply to #4)
TNR1
TNR1's picture

Mr. N was extremely attractive....

which is why I think he had no problem at all with getting women hooked. But even that level of attractiveness could not overcome his lack of empathy, his fear of intimacy and his desire to have more than 1 woman in his life.