mjsimp's story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 19 - 12PM
mjsimp
mjsimp's picture

mjsimp's story

Hi everyone, I haven't visited this in a while. I had gotten out of my abusive relationship for 6 months. My ex boyfriend left the relationship and I thought we both had peace about it. Around Thanksgiving he called me and we talked and he seemed really sincere about making changes. He sounded different and more mature in his thinking. I believe in GOD and he is a Catholic. He told me that he needed my forgiveness and that he made a lot of mistake in our previous relationship. I asked his forgiveness for my negative words and behavior as well. We talked about GOD and how he should be the center of our relationship.

It went well for a while, then in the last 2 months he started lying to me again, he knows that I don't allow drugs around my home and will not be with someone who does any kind of drugs. Yet he brought "pot" into my home about 5 weeks ago. He tried to hide it, thought he had covered his tracks, but I smelt it on him and confronted him on it. Of course he denied it. When he left and I was cleaning my bathroom I found pot seed's on the floor and on the counter top. I emailed him and told him that it was a major "DEAL BREAKER" I saved the seeds I found and told him so. He said that the "pot" may have been on him but he didn't smoke it.

I then started to check things out that he had told me and then caught him in several lies.I haven't seen him since the week before Easter. He lives 3 hours away and can't get here unless I go and get him. We have been fighting on the phone and he cut me off from calling his mom's house whom he lives with, saying that she didn't want him using the phone. He is calling me "police" woman and is very angry that I have stood up to him.

I'm seeing a therapist who works with victims of abuse, she is very good. At our session last week I finally confessed to her how I was scared. I couldn't admit that to myself until now because I refused to be a victim. What has prompted me to admit my fear is that I have come to the place where I no longer want to be in this relationship. He doesn't call me names like "Bitch" he still compliments me, tells me what a wonder woman I am, that I've done so much for him,ect....

What he has been doing the last week is telling how I'm giving him the third degree and trying to control and manipulate him, that I'm upset with him because I'm not in control of the situation and not getting my way. I know that he is using the phone issue to have control and is using his mom as an excuse. She to is tired of him and apparently had 1 of her son-in law's talk with him about not having a job and not helping out at his mom's house. She has been listening to his phone calls and is holding him accountable. So he is getting confronted all around.

I told him on Friday 4/16/2010 that I was done "period" I caught him off guard. I asked him to please respect my wishes and not call me anymore. Of course he has not complied. I didn't answer the phone the rest of the day. On Saturday I answered only to enforce my intent to end things with him. He was accusing me of trying to control and manipulate him, that I was trying to bring him up to my "standards". He didn't call again until early this morning, where he left a message saying how he loved me and missed me very much. I know that there are a lot of good women out there who would be interested in my ex. I;m not being arrogant here, it's just that I know for a fact that he will not find another who makes the kind of money I do and give the security he desires.

He is around fifty years old, doesen't have a job, still lives with his mother. My point is, is that he has made me the source of his future. I see clearly how he manipulates the people around him to make the path to my door to live. He is acting like we are still in a relationship and I am still vulnerable to him. I hate the fact that nothing can really change unless he chooses. What worries me is that he will act as though he has changed to make sure he gets a secure place in my life. The bible teaches that you are to forgive people who have hurt you and that we are to help people and hang in there so to speak. I take GOD very serious even though I don't belong to any church. It's hard for me to walk away because I do still love my ex. I want to believe that GOD can change him. I realize that he needs to want to change.

I plan on talking to a lawyer about a no contact order because my ex has a lot to lose here and I already know hw will not just go and find someone else. Anyway that is where I'm at right now and as hard as it is I really want out of this relationship and need support from others who know what I'm going through. I'm tired of being isolated and alone. I can't really talk to my friends about this because I have been so ashamed that I allowed him back into my life. They don't know that I did this and frankly I don't want to lose their respect of me. I feel really weak and stupid for allowing someone who has nothing to offer me me but misery back into my life. I make good decisions and choices in my career, I just don't understand why I seem to make unhealthy ones in my private life. I guess that's about it.

Thanks

Apr 19 - 5PM
windycitygirl
windycitygirl's picture

I believe I understand

where you are coming from but I think I would try to decide what the real issue is here...IF you did go back with this man and marry him, according to the Bible, this man would have authority as head of house...do you really want someone like this to have authority over you? Satan is the father of lies...this man lies..from the sound of your letter, you are looking for a better man than this one... I basically did the same as you and thought I had found a spiritual soul mate as well as someone who loved me and I certainly loved him...He was in church 3 times a week....Sang in a gospel group...etc..you get the picture. I was the one with the assets.. I was the lucky one..I got the prize that all the gals were after...Now after going through quite a few of my assets, ruining my perfect credit...I am done.. Just trying to find a job and move on.. Please don't allow this to happen to you...You can be lonely with a bf/husband in the same house with you..you need someone you can trust and who will love and be the mate GOD meant for you to have...HE is NOT the one.
Apr 19 - 5PM (Reply to #6)
mjsimp
mjsimp's picture

Understand

mjsimp Thanks for the reply, yeah I have a lot of mis teachings I have to undo in my mind set about what GOD really expects us to do with people. It's hard for me because I don't want to displease GOD. No I will never marry him, that's the one thing he won't get me to do. I've worked too hard to let just any man have authority over my life in that way. I will get away from him, I pray everyday for GOD to give me the strenght. I guess this is one way he is helping me. So thanks again for the response and advice. It means a lot to me.

mjsimp

Apr 19 - 5PM
gullablegull (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

You should google Narcissist

You should google Narcissist suck. It's a great Christian insight to them. Only God has the power necessary to overcome their evil. I went through the same kind of feelings you express. I don't give up easily. I knew he was sick, I just didn't know that it was incurable, or what it was exactly. You will change your attitude about turning the other cheek when you read some of her articles. They're extremely well phrased. Good luck! At least you have money! He didn't get to you like he intended to..........be glad, and stay away from him! He will NOT give up easily...you sound like too good of a meal ticket for him!
Apr 19 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
mjsimp
mjsimp's picture

Googling

mjsimp Thanks for the lead, I'll definitely check that sight out.

mjsimp

Apr 19 - 5PM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Forgive Mistakes

We forgive mistakes, NOT patterns of behavior. You are still too deep in this to see the pattern. I see it. Dude is unemployed, 50 years old & living with mother who is fed up with him. He calls last Thanksgiving because mom's house is too uncomfortable. Gets you where you are vulnerable. Christianity. Dude speaks the lingo. Gets comfy at your place once he gets you to drive the three hours to get him. Well, in the beginning, he's grateful. And, he's trying because he's got a good gig with you. But, in the end, he can't help himself. Those internal tensions start rising. Oh, a little weed to relax. He's entitled. Oh, her NO DRUG policy. Controlling bitch! Man's gotta have a little freedom. (That man does not pay for your house, or anything else, never comes into it. Don't you see how you are in the parental role? And, that's not your fault. He's the child who refuses to grow up & be a man. Let him get a job & his own place to smoke weed whenever & wherever he wants.) If you're finished with him. Then NO CONTACT. Delete him. He's never gonna disappear. You are good supply. He's always going to be coming back to you. Stop being so nice. You're not his OTHER mother. You do not have to put up with him when his REAL mother is fed up & needs a break. And, OMG, his real mother may drop dead one day. Then you'll be all that's left. We do not forgive people who repeatedly abuse us by doing the same things over & over & over. Forgiveness is for those who truly repent and evidence repentance by changing their behavior. Not these half-assed, "I'm trying. But it's never good enough for you." Suddenly it is YOU ARE THE ONE NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR REPENTANCE. You are the bad Christian. This "turn the other cheek" policy could have been written by psychopaths to better exploit their victims. A self-help book in the hands of a psychopath does nothing for his self-awareness. After reading the book, he will see even more exactly how he has been the one victimized BY YOU. Move on. Delete him.
Apr 19 - 5PM (Reply to #2)
mjsimp
mjsimp's picture

Deleting him!

mjsimp Thanks for the reply. I am starting to see the pattern with him. I seem to be surrounded by narcs, I work with kids who are "high" risk. I've been doing my job for 15 years now. It's hard for me sometimes because part of my job is to teach these boy's healthier ways to live and be involved with the communty. For the most part I have made some progress with them over the years. My mother is a narc and well I grew up around narcs. I was sexually abused by 11 different people and work with kids who have offended. I'm not trying to make excuses here just saying that my life and my job has been about abuse in one way or another. You are right in the fact that I am in deep here. I really can't explain it to myself. Except that I am trying to stop the cycle of abuse. I'm in therapy right now and am gettingcloser to the point where I can just delete him It's weird to me, I mean I'm really good at my job, it's just my private life that is messed up. Anyway it's nice to be able to get support here. I was taught to be humble by the narcs who raised me, so I see that I have more to untangle than just my narc BF.

mjsimp