Wants to be friends??

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 6 - 3PM
annamarie
annamarie's picture

Wants to be friends??

Hi everyone, I haven't been on the forum for a long time. But I did post my story in late July. However, I have been struggling with my relationship with my N for a long time. However, I struggle with no contact, and I fell short a couple times thinking it may be different. Of course its wasn't. But I didn't speak with my N for two months witch felt life forever. However, he just contacted me out of the blue after being out of state for a while. The same pattern. I tried so hard not to let him back in, but with in a week he started his abuse right away. He knows how I feel about him. But what I feel is for the pretend guy, not him. On the other hand, he contacted me and asked to get together and talk. I explained to him I can not loose focus on my life because I have a custody battle along with my mom being in the hospital for open heart surgery. So of course I let him talk me into to speaking with him. Now it was just texting, phone and e-mail. But im still in love with him and he knows it. So what does he do set me up for the kill. He says Lets talk and we can only be successful if he lives by him self and becomes self supporting. Okay why wouldn't I want that right? However, hes never been that way and its been almost a year and a half. So he then starts with I miss you. When will you cook me dinner. Starts to woo me right and I go with it because I love pretend guy. However, he set me up to devalue me and says three hours after he says he misses me. O no we need to be friends because I have to get sober. Wtf he didn't know he was getting sober he stop drinking a month ago. My point is normal people do not do that. He knew he what he was doing. I believe they do. Well I didn't go for his BS and told him to fuck off and never contact me ever again or I will get a restraining order. Its abuse, and as I write this I think im crazy, but that is what they do to us. He's the problem, I mean I found out that he made this big story up about a friend that he got fired from his job. What he meant to say his he ( himself) got fired from his job.It was a big fat lie. The craziness will drive me over the edge if I let it. But I have learned and hopefully im strong enough to stick with it this time is NO CONTACT, NO CONTACT, NO CONTACT. This is the first time I ever dated a N and it has been the most horrible experience in my life. The story go on and on and on of the crazy stuff he would do. Omg! I want him out of my life and I have no idea why I thought it would be different....I think my step mom is a narc. Im not sure. I know my ex mother and law is. She is a whole story with in its self. I hate narcissism and I thinks narc need to be punched in their face... im sorry, just tired of being abused by narcs. thats all...

Mar 6 - 7PM
seancunningham
seancunningham's picture

Friends....HA

Mine pulled the friends card. Why, in my right mind would I want to be friends with a liar? My friends don't lie. He didn't have any in his life. What a weasel. He lied to the ex. Lying to me was second nature. I guess I knew he was a pathological liar from the get go, but I wanted to see the screenplay unfold. We're just players in their script. After I made the break, he would email me, I would email back and he'd take 2 days to answer. Par the course. He was SO good at the game he played. He honed his talents really well. Told him not to bother me again. It will be a month NC this coming week....YAY!! How do people live this way?
Mar 6 - 8PM (Reply to #7)
rache
rache's picture

A liar

will steal from you,and,a thief will lie to you-my granny always told me that,and,i found her to be right on both accounts.
Mar 6 - 6PM
narcnarcwhosthere (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

let's be friends........

Narcs often want to 'stay friends'...when decoded it means they want to be able to keep you in the line...in case they might want to recycle you....tell him to go make some new 'friends' ie VICTIMS....because he's 'befriended' you about all you can take...every word out of their mouths is a LIE....always remember that.if they're talking .....they're LYING......and if he just contacted you out of the blue..that probably means he's currently without a victim...and trying to recycle you......what a piece of crap he is...... My blog
Mar 6 - 6PM (Reply to #2)
wallaby (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

LOL

NNWT - I love it how you don't mince words. And to add to your analysis i would say - with friends like that who needs enemies!
Mar 6 - 7PM (Reply to #3)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

friends?

this has been posted many times by others. who can be friends with a PREDATOR? not me. ~~~~~~~~~ The world is a dangerous place, not only because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein Visit My Info. Website for Abuse Victims
Mar 6 - 9PM (Reply to #5)
James (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Barbara

True both that it's been posted many times and that I haven't heard of one that didn't want to be friend or at least "nice" for awhile. But the niceties is as long as you give give and give until it leaves you feeling like a beaten dog and all dirty inside. Hard to be "friends" with someone who you will never know when they want to "stop being nice".....AGAIN... http://james-personalitydisorder.blogspot.com/
Mar 6 - 8PM (Reply to #4)
M
M's picture

friends? with someone who

friends? with someone who has called you so many demeaning names?? People say "you should be cordial for the child's sake". I say--be businesslike & factual with the exN. I am embracing the no contact wonderfully. We communicate e-mail only & I keep it to matters regarding my daughter. He hates that I will not meet him face to face to "discuss" matters. I tell him to put it in an e-mail. Hard to lie with a paper trail...