tiger1's story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 15 - 4PM
tiger1
tiger1's picture

tiger1's story

I came across this site while trying to make sense of my relationship (for want of a better word). Reading the stories on here had me laughing insanely, shaking, crying and a range of other emotions. WHY because they are all about me too.
Its a relief to know I will be understood here.

My hell on earth began 5 years ago the day my 'soulmate' and I moved into together. My perfect man did a complete turn around he became demanding, everything had to be done his way, my friends and family were ridiculed and he made it impossible for them to visit or for me to visit them, events I planned were sabotaged or he would make plans for us to do something and then pretend he hadn't or go do them with someone else. Sex became a rare thing lasting 2 minutes without any foreplay, if I tried to initiate anything I would get snapped at "what are you doing".

At the begining I would try and stand up for myself but would encounter the vilest rage and then days of silence but with aggressive behaviour, door slamming, draw slamming anything intimidating but never any physical violence.

Xmas and birthdays, well I'll change that to any special occasion became horrendous. The first xmas together I felt like I had been hit by a truck, I just couldn't make sense of it. It started on xmas eve he flew into a rage over nothing and took of in his car, when he came back I was howling with the pain and confusion, he just walked past me and locked himself in the bedroom.I was up all night crying and trying to make sense of what was happening. Xmas morning he was all sympathetic for the "state I was in, my poor puffy red eyes" Perhaps it was best that we stayed home and didn't visit my family as planned. There was no apology no explanation no anything, just "I TOLD YOU I DON"T LIKE XMAS" The same kind of thing happened for other celebrations, until I gave up.

After xmas my skin broke out in painful blisters and a rash, the doctors were stumped so they sent me to a dermotologist, my partner came with me as I was having panic attacks by this point. He made me feel so so so guilty for being ill whilst we sat in tha waiting room, complaining about everything and how it put him out. He dumped me out of the car on the way home. I was crying, I had learned from the dermatologist that my skin was breaking down from the inside and I was not to use any products at all or even get water on my skin, no showers no hair washing etc. My feet were the worst affected and he made me walk home.

I felt so knocked down by everything I stopped doing anything that would upset him. Monitoring my every move myself (oh the control.

Of course my partner was physically abused by his father and watched his mother being abused. I felt for the poor little boy, I still do (the boy not the adult), and I reasoned with myself that he didn't know real love and eventually he would come to understand that I was there to love him not hurt him.
When I eventually became suicidal I took myself of to a psychologist. I learnt all about abuse, like many I expect, I thought abuse was hitting.

I thought here was turning point its not me its him. Get him into counselling, well that lasted for 2 sessions, he didn't like being told he was an angry man, he told me he is not angry other people being stupid make him angry. He went on anti depressants and that has helped with his anger. I don't walk on egg shells anymore, I felt things were getting better although I'm still behaving very unlike my old self prior to Mr always right. I don't laugh much, I don't dance and sing, I'm still afraid to have friends over for fear of repercussions. I still feel crazy at times.

BUT this site has given me huge insights into how they work and i'm working through the tangled mess in my mind. And I'm ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY which is the first emotion I've felt for long time that has been generated by me.

Dec 15 - 4PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Welcome tiger1

Welcome... - Get yourself Lisa's book (link at right) and read it! - PLEASE PLEASE go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many times. Click through the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. - Please read through our whole blog: http://www.lisaescott.com/blog - chock full of articles about Ns and healing - PLEASE, in the future, read the forum posting rules as well. - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim One big thing is to get yourself into therapy IMMEDIATELY to start detoxing from this animal. A trauma counselor is best! Sounds like you had SHINGLES from the stress and anxiety this creep caused you. I get them from time to time and they are PAINFUL!!!!
Dec 15 - 11PM (Reply to #4)
TexN (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Tiger

My exN too, was abandoned by his mother and had a horrible stepmother. I fell for his "poor guy had a bad upbringing". I thought I could love him and show him what it was like to come from a good family. Tiger, my story is alot like yours. I was such a sucker, I fell for all of it! He alienated me from my friends, made me feel guilty about everything, ruined my credit, and just downright just used me! All holidays ruined by him. Like you, when I needed him the most, he left me. He loaded up the bed in the middle of the nite when I was 8 mths pregnant cos he was mad at me and I had to sleep on the floor. Always, he was unhappy about SOMETHING, ANYTHING ticked him off! The guilt trip he put me through is just unexplainable! He would say, "oh you too, just going to leave me. Go ahead, everybody else has!" Of course, here I go, feeling sorry for him again! Please, do not waste anymore time on this guy! Everything, everything you say is sooo familiar to me! Please ask me or any of us questions and I'm sure we can relate to your experience. Get out and don't wait for it to get better because someday, you will wake up and realize you are an old lady and either, he will leave you when you need him the most or you will find yourself "stuck" in the same horrible relationship...Go through all the messages. I'm sure you will be able to relate...
Dec 16 - 2PM (Reply to #5)
tiger1
tiger1's picture

Texn

Thank you for listening . . It means so much to be able to discuss the craziness and be understood. I've talked to the few people left in my life, but I get so tongue tied its like I can't express myself or communicate anymore. I'm sure the things I mention seem so trivial to outsiders and I feel I do appear to be neurotic to them. I'm totally freaked out right now, I spent the whole of yesterday reading as much as I could on this site and when I went to bed finally :) my heart was racing and the old panic?depressed feeling I have pushed down is back. It was so wierd when my N came home from work Its like he knows I know. Mr perfect was back, he even stroked my head in a loving manner, I have to say I felt sick and grateful at the same time. HONEYMOON PHASE !!!!! I just want to scream and run, my head feels like it is going to explode.
Dec 16 - 5PM (Reply to #6)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

tiger1

he's HOOVERING http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/2006/05/hoover-how-to-recognize-it-and-move.html they always sense when you're figuring them out! Call the DV Center and go and make a plan to GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!!! ask for a referral to a lawyer and GET OUT! ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website
Dec 15 - 5PM (Reply to #2)
tiger1
tiger1's picture

thank you Barbara for the

thank you Barbara for the advice. I will read read read all the posts on the message board. I feel its still all sinking in and it will take me awhile to get to grips with thought of my N being an N. I guess I've always lived with the hope that there is a good person inside him and it was not his fault he was abused as a child. Its really hard to view him as monster and he does this on purpose. I've never encountered a person like him before and as one of your posts says it's like I'm hypnotised by the big blue eyes and poor little me act. Funny thing is he's always told me I'm too nice to other people and should be less friendly.
Dec 15 - 9PM (Reply to #3)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

tiger1

institute NO CONTACT IMMEDIATELY!!!! and therapy with a TRAUMA COUNSELOR asap! ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website