Vix's story

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 9 - 11AM
Qing Yuan
Qing Yuan's picture

Vix's story

I am shocked as if I am shocked for the first time. I get reeled back in... Now I feel really empty and need to smoke to conceal the pain form myself. I cannot believe I am making myself ill still and not taking control of my life. I want to surpass this life of drudgery and turmoil. I have chose it, created it and asked this dark situation in to my house. why? I still have yet to discover the route to my own forgiveness and love.

I was 'allowed' to go out with a group of my girl friends. We had some wine in a quiet pub on the outskirts of town to talk and connect and share things and laugh. We laughed really hard too. Richard agrees that I can go to the exposed club once a month. I am glad I have something to escape too although it usually collided with my monthly cycle and I am usually too tired and withdrawn to go. But Instead of going we decided to stay and eat pizza and drink wine and yes truly I know that is not the true side of my self behaving in that way because I do wish to be totally sober and get back on my feet but I am just excepting that I am just not there yet.

The next day, I had been awake less than ten minutes, Richard egged me into another complex conflict situation over a piece of paper about a political party for which I am not even sure it represented now!!! It had come through the door and it was very real and worrying propaganda which actively preached more discipline in schools!!!
I felt alert at first, more than usual, aware of the way the conversation was progressing, But I soon started to feel scared, attacked, the old feeling was back, of being disarmed at every pass…. He would take my answers, chump them up and then when I was riled and angry, I tried to break him down in the same way, but he could control that too, to his advantage, to use the 'feelings' I was feeling and then project it on to me, saying that I was twisting his words, making stuff up…. Maybe I was? I couldn’t tell, all I knew is that I couldn’t for sure recount what he said and it was a really disabling feeling… My colour was drained, I felt I was loosing it, as he pushed and pulled the conversation in this way and that and that it felt well, just dangerous. I knew now why he has made me feel so crazy in the past when we lived here together. I broke, but not the way I used too, where I would run away and cry and cry in deep heart ache. But now he was riled and he was letting me have it. He left, i asked him to, but not before he had told me off pointing out the mistake in my scentence. I was just reaching my point, trying to speak and make my point, when he shuts me off, to pinpoint that I had used the word 'tyranny' in the wrong way. I was trying to scoot over that to get on with my conversation but he would not let me and continued to continue to push me, what did I mean by tyranny, asking me if I had realised that I was using the wrong word, giving me a example and explaining to the finest detail why I was wrong. I lost my point of thinking by that point and couldn’t even finish the point I was making. I guess he knew that would happen. He threw me totally of balance. Then I asked him why he had to keep correcting me, 'every bloody syllable'…. He then conjectured that it was not syllables but just he thought it was necessary to correct me if I was using the wrong word, but not my syllables... 'Great. Thanks; that’s ok then is it? You will grant me liberty of my syllables, I am honored'. After more arguing he left finally saying ‘You need me to help you,… you nee need me to correct you, when we are in social situations, you embarrass me…. well you are a bit dippy aren’t you… Well its right isn’t it??? he even wanted me to qualify what he had said about me... I was dumfounded, speechless, completely unable to speak.

I had started to let him back in and just then, he turned on me again, and I was making the choice to let him do that. Just as he was arguing about how all he had to worry about was ‘himself’ and that everyone else, those who chose to be controlled by government deserved to die or 'fail to flourish' because they chose vaccinations and they chose poisoned water etc… I was trying to argue that permaculrure, a philosophy of living that I see as a real answer to peoples need for choices and freedom, I was trying to argue that permaculture dealt with all that, that it embraced community but he kept fighting me, to argue that I was being an airy fairy eco warrior type and that he was being pragmatic that we couldn’t be responsible for others peoples lives to which I argued that it was possible to heal others by healing yourself and whoever was in your community at the time would feel the ripple affects of that. He just couldn’t handle that kind of compassionate view of others. He was horrified that he though he might have to take care of others after they have failed. He views it as weakness I guess. But more over he seemed mortified and angry that I would suggest caring about the people who he didn’t even know. I explained that in crisis situations, communities come together wherever they were. It’s as survivor’s mentality. In the war people grew more vegetables in there gardens, allotments, even hyde park was turned into allotments during the war. But he was not interested in hearing my ‘care for others attitude’ that in caring for self you can care for others, as long as it through non-violent communication… we were not having that ever. I was not getting through and finally as I was reaching my point he started to take apart my words, I just felt my voice be absolutely silenced. I didn’t want to speak, I begged him to go, to stop speaking, crying begging him to first just please let me speak and when he wouldn’t I just cried and he didnt even care that I had finally broken down in front of him. I cried and I was glad he made me cry because t reminded me of what he was was... I had felt us getting closer recently again… I had been grateful for being ‘allowed’ (We are still co-parenting) to go out and to have a time with my friends, but when I told him we didn’t go to see the music, he was angry with me and I think that’s what started it off. He didn’t want me to 'choose' ‘to just go to the pub’ nor did he want me to meet my friend Natasha who I was certainly not going to lie about… then he began his onslaught. I have to find a way of getting away from him. But how???... when we have a child togther. He is not completely evil either, he certainly can be a great father for the most part, if not a little to obsessed and over indulgent of his child as I am probably guilty of the same thing. But the problem is that all h he does to be kind is through ways in which I think he models himself on the world around him, and only in order to benefit from acts of kindness. He can act like such a delicate man with intellect and charm, by he has a calm anger that permeates everything he comes in to contact with. I was angry and I did tell my son, in front of him that his father was horrible. I should not have done it but our baba was uncomfortable and clapping his ears with his hands, it was really escalating. He was, I think genuinely frightened that it was all starting over again.

I don't know how I can get away from him. We talked about this argument again the other day and he conjectured that he was right to say what he said because 'all woman are dippy, dippier than men'... he has never apologized for his insults ever, always justified them with extreme cold logic that you could almost find yourself thinking he was justified for telling you, you dressed frumpily or that you had gained weight and that he was well within his remit as your husband to say these things. But I know now kind loving husband just would not say the negative things he says to me... that he has been deriding me all this time. He is rude to me and projects all of his own weaknesses on to me. Its typical profile isn't it. You see I have achieved three university degrees, work in a support role in a university and I am still studying while home educating my son... and he is studying his first degree now because I encouraged him to do so. When we met he didn't have any interest in higher education. He had lived in a squat for most of his life. And yet he thinks he its perfectly fine to call me dippy and make me feel inadequate by correcting my speech or talking over me when I am trying to make a valid point. He was raging about how we should drop schools and hospitals. I asked him what of the sick and the terminally ill and he said they chose it and that they should except there predicament and die. he said they chose vaccinations etc... I asked him what about if he had a car crash and punctured his lung. He said I should let him die. I said it was ridiculous when we have technology to save people with injuries like that. Why go backwards? He then agreed he would let them sew him up... ???? I was going mad trying to follow his crazy all over the place perspectives. Now I knew why I had felt so crazy after the arguments we used to have all the time... I then asked who would look after the crime and anarchy, presuming that if we got 'rid' of government, schools and hospitals that we would also get rid of police, but he said that he would keep police. It seems illogical and chaotic and every-time I pointed out the inaccuracies in his ideas he got nasty and would resort to making me feel bad by saying things that he knew were part of my deepest fear and inadequacies. like calling me dippy etc. (I have dyslexia) I am trapped with this cold person who osollates between being overly kind, and jut hideously mean. Its so hard to know which man is coming through the door. He will always say I love you when he thinks the chips are down and he needs to get something back out of me. He will do more for me if he thinks it will present something in return but believe me if I ask him to help me in anyway to do something that has no return I can guarantee it will be an answer something cold and short like "out of the question' or 'absolutely not' and look at me like I am mad. he might do things to help after a argument but it always come after a time for which he is going to reclaim the favor. I had a child with this man because I thought he was everything I was about but now I know he was saying all the right things to make sure he could get a person to have his child and then we would become a permanent source of attention for him, in which we would serve his ego, when he he needed some one to 'talk at'... He introduced the ideals of permacultre to me because he knew that was what I wanted to here about... he presented himself as a perfectly rounded eco minded man to whom which sustainability and healthy living was a key want. I should have seen it really, I was strong when we met, training in Kung Fu and yoga and really growing, he toldme he did brazillian marshal arts but he didn't really... and now I smoke and drink and feel weaker than I ever felt in my life. When I got ill, which I did a lot, he would shun me and I would have to carry on taking care of our son, breasfeeding him while I puked up and wasted away. He would moan if I asked him to make me food and even then he would take hours to make it, knowing I was weak and hungry and ill. I remember lying there weeping and feeling terrible and he was so switched off to that. It was like the weaker I got the uglier I became to him.. It was horrible back then. I am strong really to have got him out of the house but he still punishes me when he sees fit. He see me as the weakness he is repulsed by in his own self. he smokes heavily and does no exercise and yet he eats a obsessive raw food diet that sometime makes him sick because he is young man who deprives his body of calories. He tries to control me all the time still even though we are apart, by sabotaging nights out by saying he cant take care of our son at the last minute, to telling me my friends are no good for me. (ah ah...) He told me my job was stagnating and 'blocking my full potential' I laughed and told him that the only thing blocking my full potential was him but he just ignored me like I was . So I don't know how I am supposed to finally free myself. Our son does not go to school and I don't want him too because I don't have any faith in the school system which evidence has demonstrated that 71% of students are bullied. He takes care of him while I work. His house is not a healthy place for children so he still comes into my home. How can I get out of this scary crazy making situation? I dream very vividly of living my grandmothers house in the countryside and growing my own food and i often dream of lying peacefully in the garden while my son plays, resting in the warm yellow glow of the sunshine. I think my dreams and my darling boy, keep me alive.
:(

Dec 13 - 7AM
Qing Yuan
Qing Yuan's picture

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts. Its weird how I even feel pretty shocked by what you have all said. I can feel myself protecting him and wanting to say your all wrong and argue how very lovely he can be when he is being the better side of himself. But its so true, no one can live in a world that is chaotic and sliding in and out of reality. Sadly between a reflectively narcissistic childhood and my adult life I have been in and out of strange controlling relationships. And that means I have winded my self very deeply into this situation. It is obviously my biggest and most difficult 'test' ever! My ability to be divine strength and truth, and live that truth, is now; really up close and shouting in my face.... The whole carrot and stick thing! When the universe gets tired of dangling carrots it starts beating you with a stick, right?.... I do have counseling set up and I am in regular contact with a great lady. I am also starting some hypno-therapy to delve a little deeper into my higher mind if you like. The problem is that I worked very hard to get my job and work supporting students in a university in a care roll. I am also still studying. So I feel very resentful that to leave this person I have to leave the life I have made for myself. It easy to say leave but sadly I have a mortgage and financial commitments including my lovely boy... and its just not so easy and clear cut for me to walk out on my life. I also don't know how any person can say to another human that they are not going to let them see there son. I feel afraid of the consequences of such a huge decision either way??. I am sorry to B for contravening some rules before. I understand that and will abate all further such precise conversations but I just felt so compelled to demonstrate the severity of this senseless verbal dynamic. Its truly crazy-making material that highlights why we become ill and unable to make healthy life giving choices. I intend to be a very healthy vibrant person in the not so distant future, I got to that point once so I can get there again. I just have to work out how this situation can change so that I can be given my wings to fly. I know that something as Caroline Myss puts it will suddenly happen. A screen to the world will come up and I will meet that point in centre of self that puts us in touch with the higher mind, our loving universe and I will move on out of this dark phase of my life. I know that it starts with stopping smoking. I hate that stuff in me. It is the darkness and sickness of my dead father that haunts me. I don't want to die like he did and I know I can do better than live like this. Its just making those changes in me that I wish to find in others. I recognize that I just need to wake up and breathe fresh air into my lungs and feel how healing it is. again Thanks for your words. I feel somehow understood in way that I have never before felt. I have loving friendships and yet I am either reminding these woman of what they know in there own lives or telling them something they can hope to relate too (because they have more supportive partners) God speed them I say... But it has really helped to know that you truly understand. Bless you all... x
Dec 13 - 7AM
Qing Yuan
Qing Yuan's picture

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts. Its weird how I even feel pretty shocked by what you have all said. I can feel myself protecting him and wanting to say your all wrong and argue how very lovely he can be when he is being the better side of himself. But its so true, no one can live in a world that is chaotic and sliding in and out of reality. Sadly between a reflectively narcissistic childhood and my adult life I have been in and out of strange controlling relationships. And that means I have winded my self very deeply into this situation. It is obviously my biggest and most difficult 'test' ever! My ability to be divine strength and truth, and live that truth, is now; really up close and shouting in my face.... The whole carrot and stick thing! When the universe gets tired of dangling carrots it starts beating you with a stick, right?.... I do have counseling set up and I am in regular contact with a great lady. I am also starting some hypno-therapy to delve a little deeper into my higher mind if you like. The problem is that I worked very hard to get my job and work supporting students in a university in a care roll. I am also still studying. So I feel very resentful that to leave this person I have to leave the life I have made for myself. It easy to say leave but sadly I have a mortgage and financial commitments including my lovely boy... and its just not so easy and clear cut for me to walk out on my life. I also don't know how any person can say to another human that they are not going to let them see there son. I feel afraid of the consequences of such a huge decision either way??. I am sorry to B for contravening some rules before. I understand that and will abate all further such precise conversations but I just felt so compelled to demonstrate the severity of this senseless verbal dynamic. Its truly crazy-making material that highlights why we become ill and unable to make healthy life giving choices. I intend to be a very healthy vibrant person in the not so distant future, I got to that point once so I can get there again. I just have to work out how this situation can change so that I can be given my wings to fly. I know that something as Caroline Myss puts it will suddenly happen. A screen to the world will come up and I will meet that point in centre of self that puts us in touch with the higher mind, our loving universe and I will move on out of this dark phase of my life. I know that it starts with stopping smoking. I hate that stuff in me. It is the darkness and sickness of my dead father that haunts me. I don't want to die like he did and I know I can do better than live like this. Its just making those changes in me that I wish to find in others. I recognize that I just need to wake up and breathe fresh air into my lungs and feel how healing it is. again Thanks for your words. I feel somehow understood in way that I have never before felt. I have loving friendships and yet I am either reminding these woman of what they know in there own lives or telling them something they can hope to relate too (because they have more supportive partners) God speed them I say... But it has really helped to know that you truly understand. Bless you all... x
Dec 10 - 1PM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Vix - Leave!

Vix: You gotta get out of there! I have never read anything which so accurately captures "verbal" abuse. The craziness of it all. So what that when he is good, he is very, very good? When this guy is BAD -- he's BAD. And you accept this yo-yo life. These guys thrive on the harangue -- verbal verbiage. Your guy sounds like a real master -- always interrupting all the time about grammatical points. No wonder you're confused. He's crazy. Totally crazy & he's making you crazy too. And your child will be abused by him too. I guarantee it. My N is the same way dickering with words. His daughter from his first marriage was really damaged by his subtle, non-beating abuse. It's psychological abuse--this harangue which you outline above. He may be a wonderful dad now when the child is small & adoring. But when she gets older & has her own opinions, he will be splitting grammatical hairs with her & putting down her ideas too. Imagine all this drama you write over a leaflet which came in the mail? It's crazy. It's not about WHAT you're saying . . . there is no conversation . . . he's into dickering & control & driving you crazy. He could give a rat's ass about the subject of the conversation. And you're falling into the trap because you sense he's demeaning you & you fight back. Well he is demeaning you. And he wants you to "fight back" & to try to communicate. It's how he gets his jollies. You're thinking you got a relationship here & having a nice conversation between equals who love each other. Nope! He's an emotional vampire just riling up your emotions & feeding. There is no conversation here. It's about driving you crazy & demeaning you. This is the point of the relationship with you for him. Driving you into a frenzy. You're giving him exactly what he wants. He will never be consistently that wonderful man & father you seem to be hooked on. He just turns that on to keep you there for the next abusive episode which is his real motive for being there. Just leave him. Save your sanity. This will go on for decades & your child will be really messed up. You want to hurt him. Stop talking. STOP TALKING! When I stopped talking, my N went BALLISTIC. It became very dangerous. No contact ever. Starve this vampire. I'm sorry to write so much. But, I'm upset. This post is triggering me. My N pulled this s**t.
Dec 13 - 7AM (Reply to #5)
Qing Yuan
Qing Yuan's picture

Dear agnes... I don't know

Dear agnes... I don't know why I reflected a person that wanted this in her life. thanks for your message. I know there is no conversation because I do not enjoy talking with him. I love talking with colleagues, with friends, with family even which is saying something sometime but I have known, or felt the one sided conversations. Its very strange because I could see these traits very easily in other men I dated and pretty quickly too but my husband has been operating on level of N-ism that I had no idea existed. I couldn't see him coming because he was brilliant with his stealth dominating. I am not sorry you wrote so much. Its very good for me to see the depth of the situation in a way I have not before. and yes he is a real master... He could argue that white was black and you would believe him. Its the brainwashing that wears me out the most. Every thing he reads and believes has to be penetrated into my mind whether I like it or not. He comes around sometime just to talk at me and I fear to speak because I cant enter the conflict of his conversation. Even if I agree he will find a way to make it a argument dynamic. Its so bewildering. My son has just gone out for the day and his tantrums and sadness always flares up before he takes him. Poor child is so neglected really. I am tired, stressed and lacking in vibrant healthy energy. I have barley enough to keep myself going. And on the other side, he has a uncommitted, conditional chaotic love from his father. I do fear the worst for him but I have to keep telling myself that I can be the strength he needs and I am getting there slowly. I can love my baba with empathy and with a humility that he will come to see as the way to be himself. I have to believe that much is true. Again thanks for your comments. Am I hooked on him? I think you could be right but at least the last time he tried to have sex with me I was able to stop his advances. It was easy too really, in a way. I knew that the last time we did it and he wouldn't even stick around next day, that he had taken the 'love' from my body, fed on it and slipped way like a vampire into the night... I would have sooner bashed my head against the wall then let him steal from me that way again. So long as I can keep that deep level hurt out of my life I will retain my energy and keep moving forward. Watch this space... I hear what you have all said. I don't think I am the sort of person who can allow myself to be bullied forever. He can move my furniture again while I am at work, insult my job or my friends, my cognitive abilities etc (and the other extremes like buying me oober expensive gifts or inviting me to foreign holidays etc) BUT if allow this to put me off balance every time, then I am letting him win his little perverted personal game. But it 'his game' and he can keep playing it... just not with me... Thanks all...thanks Agnes, I know I have changes to make... I will find a way...? :)
Dec 9 - 2PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Welcome Vix

Welcome... - PLEASE go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many times. Click through the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. - PLEASE read the stories of others. This alone is one of the most validating things you can do. Far too many become completely wrapped up in their own drama... which just makes it all worse. - PLEASE read through our whole blog: http://allabouthim.com - chock full of articles about Ns and healing in the future, please read the Rules prior to posting, as well - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim - unfortunately, if you truly can't take it anymore, you need to make an appt with a DV Crisis Center and develop a plan for leaving. IMMEDIATELY. - Please remember this board is NEVER to be used as a replacement for therapy. Please find a therapist and start going as SOON as possible for whatever level of PTSD he's left you with. (Trauma Counselor would be best option)
Dec 9 - 4PM (Reply to #2)
4joys4
4joys4's picture

OK. You are not trapped

OK. You are not trapped although you may feel that way. Get in touch with you community domestic violence office. There are usually 24/7 hotlines as well. You need help now. You are with a very abusive ba*stard. They can help you make a plan to get free. They have housing and usually all the resources for you to start your life over without this jerk. Do it. For yourself and your child. It will only get worse. He attacked you, I'm guessing, because you dared to make your own decision on what you would do that night. You were supposed to do what he gave you permission to do. Puke. He's an asswipe. Be strong. Call that hotline. Plan to leave.
Dec 12 - 2PM (Reply to #3)
Ellen
Ellen's picture

Vix

Hi Vix, Please leave him you sound very confused and he sounds horrid!