katherine2081's story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 22 - 4AM
Katherine2081
Katherine2081's picture

katherine2081's story

Hi I desperately need some kind of support and at an all time low. I was four months post divorce from my partner of 14 years having found he was having an affair, when i met my n. I had two small children but after an amicable divorce was refinding myself going out, going to the gym etc.

I met N in a nightclub we clicked instantly he was at the end of his relationship two kids the ages of mine he and his partner lived seperate lives under the same roof. lol. We gradually spent more time together.

One morning he went back to his old house to work where the ex lived. That evening I had a phone call from the police he had been arrested for assualt on his ex. I bailed him to my address and he came home with me not being allowed at his previous address. He said she had gone for him he had more marks than her so I had to believe him and give him a home. He was polite and pleasant to my kids said did nt want to push the relationship with them too quickly. The assualt case went to trial a week before he told me the reason the ex had gone for him he had slept with her that morning. I was horrified he said he was confused had nt gone through with it, I believed him.

He got convicted as the police lost his photographs. He was not allowed to approach his ex and she would not allow him to see his children. He started exhibiting OCD behavior which got worse and worse. He shouts near my children who are five and three why cant you teach your children to shit straight or tidy up after themselves. He was going out every friday. One sat I returned to a night club unexpectedly and found him kissing another girl he said he was drunk cried his eyes out I forgave him.

Next I got pregnant. This was preceeded with him causing arguments so he could go out on a saturday leaving me home alone pregnant. We had lies where he went to see his ex and would lie where he was. There were texts and phone calls between them which he would sneak out to make telling me it was about the kids even though the calls were fourty minutes. I saw kisses on texts to the ex, e-mails on facebook from girls etc.

Once I took his car out and he took things from the glove compartment before I left. He swore blind it was cards for his kids. I knew it was more so at five months pregnant I snuck to his car in the middle of the night to find a letter to his ex saying he missed her when confronted he said he was just trying to see the kids.

He has said he will leave lots of times as his ex will let him see the kids if I am not with him. When I was pregnant he said he wanted to leave I said what about the baby and I he said you have your friends. I held on hoping the baby would change him despite comments when we argued that he did nt care about it I should abort that piece of sh**t in your stomach etc. M

oney wise he pays me £500 a month even though the bills top £1700 a month he refuses to give me more telling me to go to my ex for more maintenance. He will have nothing to do with my children apart from saying hello we cant go anywhere as a family and he says my three year old is fat and I will give her diabetes. I lost my excellent auditing job a year into the relationship I was five months pregnant and finding it so hard to concentrate because of his behavior. I had no money for two months he said he would lend me some I never took it. I found another job but it was self employed it was hard with all that went on to concentrate on generating business I had to supplement my income with credit cards so now am in debt which he would go mad about but what choice do I have he has forty three thousand pounds in the bank I have nothing.

I had the baby in July the three weeks before hand he was loving kind etc I thought the change had come. I had to have an emergency cesearian two weeks early. Six days after he was born he was acting hostile again telling me its now what I thought it would be this is not what I want. He never went again. I went back to work when the baby was six weeks old as my money situation was dire. The baby is now three months and he has never done a night feed done four normal feeds and changed five nappies if that.

He says I give nothing to work, I can only work two days with family childcare. All he talks about is how he does nothing anymore that gives him a spark going out for a pint with the boys would do that apparently but our local pub is not enough he wants to go night clubbing I wonder why!! I told him he can do it but not whilst he is with me. So he does nt go but fights it all the time.He is the vaniest person i have ever met never asks about anyone but himself.

He started withdrawing his affection before I had the baby. His ex cut all ties with him too. He says he misses his kids but he wont go to court to see them my guess is because he acted the way he does to all of mine including the one thats his. I exploded on the weekend saying he lies and gives me no affection does nt bother with the baby or my kids he said he would be better off going this was nt what he thought it was and he wanted to split everything fifty fifty.I said no we have been together a year i came in with more than him. A day later he is nice as pie doing a bit more with the baby just baths giving me kisses but it feels false.

I now have to seel my house to pay off the credit cards he has always wanted to sell it i think because my equity is tied up in it and he wantes to blur the lines of who owns what etc. He says we can now move to a house that will be ours I am more than skeptical. I so wanted a happy life he seems to jump from relationship to relationship whilst kissing other people in between on his nights out. I dont want that life and whilst he is not doing it at the moment he keeps fighting it plus I have a small baby would you want your three month old baby go unsupervised to a father who has extreme ocd and does nt bother with him?

On the other hand my other children have no life with me its constant stress when they visit. With me he is affectionate when he feels like it says he loves me is my soulmate be lost without me but goes into bad moods about the life he wants. My life is difficult evenings when I have the kids he goes to out local dit shop and i am left to bath all the kids on my own.What am i doing? ?

Oct 22 - 10AM
AnotherPath (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

EndingTheDance Sounds

EndingTheDance Sounds similar to mine eventually it got better when I got out, my relationship with my children is better than ever now and we have a great family life without him. I know I have saved them from a lot of damage. Its only now that I realise that he would never have stayed, never have been the father I was hoping he would be and never been a lovely partner. If you're not married thats great for you as you have your own property. He is not entitled to any of it if he is not on the mortgage. If you buy a house with him, my exN wanted this and we went ahead to buy a house together with my money, he now owns half. Biggest mistake I made. DON"T buy a house with him as he will get half, remember they are parasites. He's researched already how to cheat you of money. Don't underestimate how scheming he is and it's all to benefit himself. I wondered how I would cope with little children and the let down that they're dad wasn't with them. I realised I was with them on my own even when he lived with us, there he was jerking off in front of a computer all night, or going out god knows where getting drunk or penetrating hookers. Now I have childcare that just happens when you ask around and I have a life where I can work and go out, I'm a much happier mummy, and I'm much happier woman now because I have a life ahead. I've had much better sex with a few men since leaving him two years ago. Life has taken on a whole new meaning. It takes long time of hurt and ups and downs but I promise you, you will one day never look back and be glad he's gone. Keep in touch with people who get all of this, I completely support you and by you even writing the above you have come out of denial and are ready to face the next phase, the struggle is worth it..............FREEDOM
Oct 26 - 9AM (Reply to #3)
Katherine2081
Katherine2081's picture

Thank you for taking the

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me I am so glad you and your children are happier you deserve it. I do own a house with him but I have only been with him a year so its likely I will get to keep what i went in with xxx
Oct 26 - 6PM (Reply to #6)
AnotherPath
AnotherPath's picture

I just wanted to add, if you

I just wanted to add, if you need to know anything about your rights if you're not married I spent two years fighting this one with lawyers, ask me anything you want it will save you a fortune on legal fees and I really know where you stand on the law side if you are a co-habitant and from UK. It's not great, there is no such thing as common law wife, there are so many myths about this. Really fire away

Ending the dance

Oct 26 - 6PM (Reply to #4)
AnotherPath
AnotherPath's picture

Are you married? Because if

Are you married? Because if you're not the law is different. The law for co-habitants is on such a lower scale. It doesn't work in your favour at all and they don't take into account you have children with the split as you're not married and they don't take into account domestic violence , although under the Childrens Act he can't actually get you out of the house until your child is 18. This also means that even if he pays no mortgage until your child is 18 he stands to get half the house when it's sold. It SUCKS, He could and is entitled to half whatever you put in unless you did a deed of declaration. Are you still with him?

Ending the dance

Oct 30 - 4AM (Reply to #5)
Katherine2081
Katherine2081's picture

Still here at the moment. He

Still here at the moment. He still has nothing to do with my children called them Mongels the other night in an argument.We went to counselling which I know will do nothing. He said to the Counellor he cant bother with my children as he feels too guilty over not seeing his and cant change his mindset. When we came out he said the counsellor was siding with me and was submissive over the power of ones thoughts. Hmmm. Anyway man to convince him to put house on market as cant afford it any more I am paying most of bills with no money coming in adding to my credit cards constantly. Once the money is in the account from the sale I am hoping to put it into mine I will make the decision. I am applying for jobs like my old one and sorting my debts out slowly crawling back to reality.
Oct 22 - 6AM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

welcome

Welcome... - Get yourself Lisa's book (link at right) - Please go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many many times. Click through ALL the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. - Please read through our whole blog: http://allabouthim.com - chock full of articles about Ns and healing - Get yourself in THERAPY with a trauma counselor ASAP!!!! You have been hypnotized & need deprogramming and that will take a lot of time. - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim Go to your nearest DV Crisis Centre and speak to an advocate ASAP. Make a plan to get a solicitor and GET AWAY FROM THIS MAN ASAP!!!!! He's poison.