A Poll

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 13 - 9AM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

A Poll

When Lisa opened up this forum for new members, I assigned the term "Newbies" BUT this is your forum so I just wanted to present the opportunity to rename the classification of new members.

Feel free to make suggestions and we will take a poll.

I hope we get some form of a majority somewhere or else this will be a never ending thread. To give enough time, We'll make the cut off for votes Midnight Saturday that will be a minute after 11:59pm Friday night. Eastern Standard Time.

If you are okay with "newbies" you may indicate that as well.

Hugs!

Apr 13 - 11AM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

If it helps some

ON THE LEFT PANEL UNDER COMMENTS You can find the most recent posts on BOTH boards. And like some of you have expressed, yes change sometimes causes a bit of confusion at first...I too was going mad Saturday night; however, understanding the stages and the vunerabilities when one is FIRST going through this process...it was in the spirit of putting the needs of all the members first. Simply because of the process - there are two almost polar extremes WITHIN the process. When we first enter the doors we are completely devastated, confused, in trauma and at our wits end...really very very vulnerable...sometimes in the throes of PTSD and the CD is working overtime. I can only speak for myself when I say what I am about to say... I found for me, once I got past the intial shock, some months down the line...I was still very much in pain but past that beginning but while still very much in the process...as you detach some...and are feeling good, "triggers" start when you hear others "repeating" things that you identify with SOOO much (the newbies "getting out their feelings and processing which we NEED to do in order to heal)...reminders of the abuse...and so in true self protection mode, sometimes one "avoids" which in my case and some others we noted led to leaving the board for a time because the "noise and reminders" were tooo much to bear...or reacted to the trigger and "lashed out" and inadvertently ended up hurting or offending others simply because one was at another level with the process. This is a highly emotional process and it is a rollercoaster and ALL normal and understood. So, for that reason, we brainstormed and thought that it would be better to keep the "newbies" in one place and those more ahead in their recovery in another WHILE still giving both groups the freedom to bounce betweeen the two places so if they felt they were getting "triggered" or felt somwhat of a relapse and needed to do some work on a previous step, or if the newbies wanted to explore some of the moving on concepts with re-building they could have the best of both worlds. That was the method to the "madness" and in my personal opinion, it works better having been through most of the stages and such...alhtough that is my personal opinion and I realize there is a diversity of thought... Hugs!
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #7)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Feedback welcome!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Let's try this out for another week and if at the end of that week, people don't see the benefit of it, we can go back to one board. I'm always open to feedback and am just trying to improve things with these changes. If people don't see it as an improvement though, certainly let me know. Thanks!
Apr 13 - 11AM
ifinallygotit
ifinallygotit's picture

Newbies fine but

I may become an" old newbie" as I feel that I will be slow to process what happened... As far as split board - it is a bit of extra work but not too bad - I think it helps "protect" newbies from unhelpful older members' comments.
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #5)
Used
Used's picture

board

i didnt even relize there was a split board, so much for saying earlier on here how aware i had now become since ncing narcs. oh well back to the drawing board!!!!
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #4)
Veronrose
Veronrose's picture

"I may become an" old newbie"

"I may become an" old newbie" as I feel that I will be slow to process what happened..." ifinallygotit, that is EXACTLY as I feel. xo
Apr 13 - 11AM
Arwen
Arwen's picture

I'm ok with newbies...but I

I'm ok with newbies...but I am not so hot on the splitting up of the forums. There are post on both that are relevant to all of us. It's just more work for us I feel - -but that's just me. Again, if there was a notice that says "your last post" that would be best for me. I just have such a hard time wading through all of the posts so I can find the one I need to respond to. Thanks!!!!!
Apr 13 - 11AM (Reply to #2)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

I am fine with newbies! That

I am fine with newbies! That is what we are (were). It's clear and to the point. I agree the board is a little confusing and all posts are relevant to all of us. But change always takes some getting used to.