'N' Songs

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jun 25 - 1PM (Reply to #20)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Uninvited

"Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette Like anyone would be I am flattered by your fascination with me Like any hot blooded woman I have simply wanted an object to crave But you're not allowed You're uninvited An unfortunate slight Must be strangely exciting To watch the stoic squirm Must be somewhat heartening To watch shepard meet shepard But you're not allowed You're uninvited An unfortunate slight Like any uncharted territory I must seem greatly intriguing You speak of my love like You have experienced like mine before But this is not allowed You're uninvited An unfortunate slight
Jun 25 - 11AM
BAW
BAW's picture

Songs!

Nothing Better - the Postal Service I could Say - Lily Allen
Jun 25 - 11AM
nhtmf
nhtmf's picture

Oldie but goodie Love Stinks

Oldie but goodie Love Stinks by the J. Giles band (smile)
Jun 25 - 1PM (Reply to #2)
sarahb
sarahb's picture

King of Anything - Sara Bareilles

Great song for those who have lived through controlling Ns! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmIu4sV1y8s&feature=related Keep drinking coffee, stare me down across the table While I look outside So many things I’d say if only I were able But I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass by You’ve got opinions, man We’re all entitled to ‘em, but I never asked So let me thank you for your time, and try not to waste any more of mine And get out of here fast I hate to break it to you babe, but I’m not drowning There’s no one here to save Who cares if you disagree? You are not me Who made you king of anything? So you dare tell me who to be? Who died and made you king of anything? You sound so innocent, all full of good intent Swear you know best But you expect me to jump up on board with you And ride off into your delusional sunset I’m not the one who’s lost with no direction But you’ll never see You’re so busy making maps with my name on them in ALL CAPS You got the talking down, just not the listening And who cares if you disagree? You are not me Who made you king of anything? So you dare tell me who to be? Who died and made you king of anything? All my life I’ve tried to make everybody happy While I just hurt and hide Waiting for someone to tell me it’s my turn to decide Who cares if you disagree? You are not me Who made you king of anything? So you dare tell me who to be? Who died and made you king of anything? Let me hold your crown, babe.
Jun 25 - 3PM (Reply to #3)
M
M's picture

Thanks for the lyrics!

I dedicated this song to my xN. Description to a T! Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Cassanova" is a warning for the OW.
Jul 15 - 8AM (Reply to #17)
sweetsamm
sweetsamm's picture

YES YES YES YES!!!! i blare

YES YES YES YES!!!! i blare that song in the car!!!! someone dated my ex!
Jun 25 - 9PM (Reply to #15)
MsVulcan500
MsVulcan500's picture

Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood definitely sounds like she's been with a narc. She also sings that "Undo It" song that also really sounds like a narc. "Undo It" I should have known by the way you passed me by There was something in your eyes and it wasn't right I should have walked but I never had the chance Everything got out of hand and I let it slide Now I only have myself to blame for falling for your stupid games I wish my life could be the way it was before I saw your face You stole my happy, you made me cry Took the lonely and took me for a ride And I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it You had my heart, now I want it back I'm starting to see everything you lack Boy, you blew it, you put me through it I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it Na, na, na, na, na Na, na, na, na, na Na, na, na, na, na, na Now your photos don't have a picture frame And I never say your name and I never will And all your things, well I threw them in the trash And I'm not even sad Now you only have yourself to blame for playing all those stupid games You're always gonna be the same and, oh no, you'll never change You stole my happy, you made me cry Took the lonely and took me for a ride And I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it You had my heart, now I want it back I'm starting to see everything you lack Boy, you blew it, you put me through it I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it Na, na, na, na, na Na, na, na, na, na Na, na, na, na, na, na You want my future, you can't have it I'm still trying to erase you from my past I need you gone so fast You stole my happy, you made me cry Took the lonely and took me for a ride And I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it You had my heart, now I want it back I'm starting to see everything you lack Boy, you blew it, you put me through it I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it You stole my happy, you made me cry Took the lonely and took me for a ride Boy, you blew it, you put me through it I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it
Aug 1 - 10AM (Reply to #16)
faithinthefuture
faithinthefuture's picture

My EN Hates Carrie Underwood

LMAO! I now know why he does! Almost all of her songs are about him! Went out & bought her CDs just for ME! :-)
Jun 25 - 7PM (Reply to #4)
Bodhi
Bodhi's picture

great one

Cowboy Cassanova is a Great one! Makes me wonder if its about tony romo.
Jun 26 - 6AM (Reply to #5)
drivencrazyinflorida
drivencrazyinflorida's picture

You're so Vain by Carly Simon says it all

You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht Your hat strategically dipped below one eye Your scarf it was apricot You had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner They'd be your partner, and... You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you Don't you? Don't You? You had me several years ago when I was still quite naive Well you said that we made such a pretty pair And that you would never leave But you gave away the things you loved and one of them was me I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee Clouds in my coffee, and... You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you Don't you? Don't You? Don't You? I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee Clouds in my coffee, and... You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you Don't you? Don't You? Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia To see the total eclipse of the sun Well you're where you should be all the time And when you're not you're with Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend Wife of a close friend, and... You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you Don't you? Don't You? Don't you? You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
Jul 12 - 5PM (Reply to #14)
SBlaze86
SBlaze86's picture

Re: You're so Vain...

This is without a doubt the anthem of the narcissist and I loved Janet Jackson and Missy Elliot's remake...it's pretty hot.
Jun 26 - 12PM (Reply to #6)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

drivencrazyinflorida

"You're So Vain says it all." Absolutely! I sang this song when I recorded my CD of Catharsis, as I like to call it. :) I LOVE that we're talking about the healing power of music. I absolutely love Pink and Sarah McLachlan. Two of my favorite artists, next to Tori Amos. Music is so moving to me. I love talking about it.
Jun 26 - 3PM (Reply to #7)
ollie
ollie's picture

I’m better off without you by Tyrone Wells

I almost don’t remember The way it used to be The way you used to whisper You belonged to me You belonged to me I'm better off without you Except for when I sleep I'm better off without you Besides the time I breath I keep telling myself Maybe one day I'll believe That I'm better off without you And I'd never think about you Better off without you I saw you on the sidewalk And I'd thought I caught your eye And I wondered if you loved him As I watched you both walk by As I watched you just walk by I'm better off without you Except for when I sleep I'm better off without you Besides the time I breath I keep telling myself Maybe one day I'll believe That I'm better off without you And I'd never think about you Better off without you Looking at a photograph of you, you're laughing I'm standing by your side I remember you were wearing my favorite perfume How could you forget about the time you told me I was your only joy Now when you want to smile, What do you do, what do you do I'm better off without you Except for when I sleep I'm better off without you Besides the time I breath I keep telling myself Maybe one day I'll believe That I'm better off without you And I'd never think about you Better off without you
Jul 13 - 2AM (Reply to #8)
happydaysahead
happydaysahead's picture

Paramore

Here is one I heard at church, of all places. "Playing God" Can't make my own decisions Or make any with precision Well maybe you should tie me up So I don't go where you don't want me You say that I been changing that I'm not just simply aging Yeah how could that be logical? Just keep on cramming ideas down my throat You don't have to believe me But the way I, way I see it Next time you point a finger I might have to bend it back Or break it, break it off Next time you point a finger I'll point you to the mirror If God's the game you're playing Well we must get more acquainted Because it has to be so lonely To be the only one who's holy It's just my humble opinion But it's one that I believe in You don't deserve a point of view If the only thing you see is you You don't have to believe me But the way I, way I see it Next time you point a finger I might have to bend it back Or break it, break it off Next time you point a finger I'll point you to the mirror This is the last second chance (I'll point you to the mirror) I'm half as good as it gets (I'll point you to the mirror) I'm on both sides of the fence (I'll point you to the mirror) Without a hint of regret I'll hold you to it I know you don't have to believe me But the way I, way I see it Next time you point a finger I might have to bend it back Or break it, break it off Next time you point a finger I'll point you to the mirror I know you won't have to believe me But the way I, way I see it Next time you point a finger I might have to bend it back Or break it, break it off Next time you point a finger I'll point you to the mirror
Jul 23 - 9PM (Reply to #9)
James (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Deicated to all those toxic people out there!

While they aren't Lucifer himself they are in fact his "little helpers".. Rolling Stones Sympathy For The Devil Lyrics (M. Jagger/K. Richards) Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste I've been around for a long, long year Stole many a man's soul and faith And I was 'round when Jesus Christ Had his moment of doubt and pain Made damn sure that Pilate Washed his hands and sealed his fate Pleased to meet you Hope you guess my name But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game I stuck around St. Petersburg When I saw it was a time for a change Killed the Czar and his ministers Anastasia screamed in vain I rode a tank Held a general's rank When the Blitzkrieg raged And the bodies stank Pleased to meet you Hope you guess my name, oh yeah Ah, what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game, oh yeah (woo woo, woo woo) I watched with glee While your kings and queens Fought for ten decades For the gods they made (woo woo, woo woo) I shouted out, "Who killed the Kennedys?" When after all It was you and me (who who, who who) Let me please introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste And I laid traps for troubadours Who get killed before they reached Bombay (woo woo, who who) Pleased to meet you Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah (who who) But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby (who who, who who) Pleased to meet you Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah But what's confusing you Is just the nature of my game (woo woo, who who) Just as every cop is a criminal And all the sinners saints As heads is tails Just call me Lucifer 'Cause I'm in need of some restraint (who who, who who) So if you meet me Have some courtesy Have some sympathy, have some taste (woo woo) Use all your well-learned politesse Or I'll lay your soul to waste, mmm yeah (woo woo, woo woo) Pleased to meet you Hope you guessed my name, mmm yeah (who who) But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game, mmm mean it, get down (woo woo, woo woo) Woo, who Oh yeah, get on down Oh yeah Oh yeah! (woo woo) Tell me baby, what's my name Tell me honey, can ya guess my name Tell me baby, what's my name I tell you one time, you're to blame Oh, who woo, woo Woo, who Woo, woo Woo, who, who Woo, who, who Oh, yeah What's my name Tell me, baby, what's my name Tell me, sweetie, what's my name Woo, who, who Woo, who, who Woo, who, who Woo, who, who Woo, who, who Woo, who, who Oh, yeah Woo woo Woo woo Personality Disorder by James
Aug 20 - 2PM (Reply to #10)
macmad
macmad's picture

My daughters choice.

My daughter chose this she says the last three years she has tought it typified my ex. Must say I agree with her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nckjoBALgM
Aug 28 - 6PM (Reply to #13)
kiwi10
kiwi10's picture

i dont want to depress anyone in the early stages of recovery

but after my husband walked out, and I was still conditioned to be a perfect N supply source and WORSHIPPED the ground he walked on, i took some masochistic pleasure in "long, long time' by linda ronstant: Love will abide, take things in stride Sounds like good advice but there's no one at my side And time washes clean love's wounds unseen That's what someone told me but I don't know what it means. Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine And I think I'm gonna love you for a long long time Caught in my fears Blinking back the tears I can't say you hurt me when you never let me near And I never drew one response from you All the while you fell all over girls you never knew Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine And I think it's gonna hurt me for a long long time Wait for the day You'll go away Knowing that you warned me of the price I'd have to pay And life's full of flaws Who knows the cause? Living in the memory of a love that never was Cause I've done everything I know to try and change your mind and I think I'm gonna miss you for a long long time Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine And I think I'm gonna love you for a long long time.
Aug 28 - 6PM (Reply to #11)
kiwi10
kiwi10's picture

i dont want to depress anyone in the early stages of recovery

but after my husband walked out, and I was still conditioned to be a perfect N supply source and WORSHIPPED the ground he walked on, i took some masochistic pleasure in "long, long time' by linda ronstant: Love will abide, take things in stride Sounds like good advice but there's no one at my side And time washes clean love's wounds unseen That's what someone told me but I don't know what it means. Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine And I think I'm gonna love you for a long long time Caught in my fears Blinking back the tears I can't say you hurt me when you never let me near And I never drew one response from you All the while you fell all over girls you never knew Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine And I think it's gonna hurt me for a long long time Wait for the day You'll go away Knowing that you warned me of the price I'd have to pay And life's full of flaws Who knows the cause? Living in the memory of a love that never was Cause I've done everything I know to try and change your mind and I think I'm gonna miss you for a long long time Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine And I think I'm gonna love you for a long long time.
Aug 28 - 7PM (Reply to #12)
kiwi10
kiwi10's picture

also...

You took your coat off and stood in the rain, You were always crazy like that I watched from my window, Always felt I was outside looking in on you You were always the mysterious one With dark eyes and careless hair, You were fashionably sensitive, but too cool to care Then you stood in my doorway, with nothing to say Besides some comment on the weather Well in case you failed to notice, In case you failed to see, This is my heart bleeding before you, This is me down on my knees CHORUS These foolish games are tearing me apart Your thoughtless words are breaking my heart You're breaking my heart You were always brilliant in the morning Smoking your cigarettes, talking over coffee Your philosophies on art, Baroque moved you, You loved Mozart and you'd speak of your loved ones As I clumsily strummed my guitar You'd teach me of honest things Things that were daring, things that were clean Things that knew what an honest dollar did mean. So I hid my soiled hands behind my back Somewhere along the line I must've gone off track with you Excuse me, think I've mistaken you for somebody else Somebody who gave a damn, Somebody more like myself CHORUS You took your coat off and stood in the rain You were always crazy like that