shocked's story

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 22 - 5PM
admin
admin's picture

shocked's story

So thanks to Mancow, i am now on this site and SHOCKED that other women have had to deal with this kind of monster. AND this is helping me SOOOOO MUCH!!! thank you!

last October he told me my opinion doesnt matter (when i asked him to NOT take our 10 year old on a weekend motorcycle trip). it hit me like a ton of bricks. what tiny grain of stick it out for the kids i had left, gone... i have NO emotion towards him... he disgusts me-which i told him once and he started tanning and working out-um, NOT what i meant... idiot...

So, my N is a cop, chief of police... has made sure i know that he personally knows all the "top lawyers" in our area, and that our state has the best Father rights in the country... this after i finally hit the realization that i cant live like this anymore.

he recently told my best friend that he has "really bonded with our daughters over the past 6 months" (since he asked if i still loved him and i said no, which "crushed" him-poor thing) They are 8 and 11...and he wants to fight me for custody..

this is the same man that told me he "just cant handle them" in reference to the girls and their little sister squabbles and such. i have a LONG story of the crap i have put up with in the past, but right now, the children in a pending possible custody battle with someone who can and has manipulated everyone (including MY parents and sister-my friends see right thru it and wonder why i stayed so long-the kids) around him...

i have basiclly been a single working mom, slave/wife for 12 years...and NOW (since they can get their own cereal and take their own showers, and do things on their own) he thinks he would be a better parent than me... even accused me of preparing to abandon them-which i totally set him straight on..

i have a lawyer-he doesn't know that, i meet with the lawyer on Tuesday... any advise?? anyone else married to one of these "special" kinds?????

thanks again for the website...it is sooo helping me not feel like im the bad person (which i was thinking for a LONG time)

Thank you-
Miserable!!!

Aug 25 - 10AM
Chloe
Chloe's picture

I went through a very nasty

I went through a very nasty divorce, and while no divorce is pleasant, divorcing a narcissist is pure agony. That is why you need to educate yourself about all there is to know about narcissistic personality disorder and its behaviors. You need to educate your attorney as well, as the courts still do not know the underpinnings of this behavior. Don't let the fact that this man being the chief of police has to stop you from doing what you need to do. Regardless of this man's position, I am sure he is not well liked by all, particularly that he is a narcissist, he more than likely has made many enemies. The other thing to remember is that your husband will grow very tired of his children. He is using them as bait at the moment, but as their mother, you don't want some other babe who WILL enter his life, play any role in taking care of your children, and if you don't fight for your rights, that may happen. Soon, quicker than you think, your children will come to understand who their father is and who their MOTHER is. You don't need to play the game of name-bashing, they will come to see all by themselves. Narcissists are SELFISH! They will change their family like they change their underwear; it's mindboggling, and there will come a time that their masks will fall off and they will be discovered. Hang in there! I hope you have a good attorney, that is very important!!!!