Reinvent Myself: 2013

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 31 - 5PM
petite7heaven
petite7heaven's picture

Reinvent Myself: 2013

Happy New Year to everyone!

With the closing of 2012, I have had much to reflect upon this past year. I have come to some closure about a few things that makes me all the more appreciative going into the NEW YEAR.

I had broke up with the ExN Jan 6 2012 because I didn't like the way he was starting to treat me and I never went back. Just recently I came to realize that when I was missing him it was not HIM that I was missing but ME and all the LOVE that I gave to this person and how it made me feel. I realized that the old me was now gone and I had changed. Because, I had this experience of feeling LOVE I realized that I would have to grieve that LOST of the person I was and the person that I had become: a woman emensely inlove. However, fortunately, I could see that if I had stayed with the exN I would of lost my dignity as there were times when I felt I had slipped although I never begged for his love but I did tell him how I felt which is degrading when the N is coldly aloof.

I am so grateful that I left the N. The closure is that I now realize that the longer I had stayed or was in contact with the Narc the more my EGO became involved as the N functions on an EGO. I realized that in really making closure I would have to make peace that YES he did bring out the best in me at times but if had I stayed he would of continued to bring out the worst in me (and I would of eventually had to become a slave to his EGO).

I can now make closure and release the woman I was with the N and know that I will not be the same person again but I can know that LOVE, DIGNITY, KINDNESS and SELF RESPECT are more valuable than gold and silver and that LOVE is the most powerful force in the Universe. Had I stayed with the EXN I would of become a lost woman.

This 2013: I can reinvent myself and be happy that I made the Right Choice For ME!

God Bless you Everyone and may your New Year be filled with LOVE:

Jan 1 - 12PM
WhiteSwan44
WhiteSwan44's picture

Great post!

Jan 1 - 7PM (Reply to #7)
petite7heaven
petite7heaven's picture

Yes WhiteSwan,

Jan 1 - 10AM
TruthbeginsToday
TruthbeginsToday's picture