Anonymous's picture

Radio Show Tonight! 11/6/09 - Rihanna & Chris Brown

At: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim

Time:
10p EST
9p CST

Rihanna & Chris Brown
Before the Show please watch:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/rihanna-speaks-chris-brown-assault/story?id=89...

Chris Brown's interview with Larry King:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vadVwlv1n7g

Send questions you may have on this topic to: [email protected]

Nov 12 - 10PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Chris Brown Heckled as a "Beater"

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/chris_brown_gets_verbal_beatdown_t6PYgHfmbLBetEbROwxyKJ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help
Nov 7 - 7AM
4joys4
4joys4's picture

His denial in response to

His denial in response to Larry King is so typical. "Its not who I promised to be". Amazing. They cant admit who they are. They have to bury this part of themselves. Thats why they cant be helped.
Nov 7 - 8AM (Reply to #9)
time_to_move_on
time_to_move_on's picture

this guy's video is funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSdj16x4NQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp It's someone's comment on the Larry King interview. Priceless.
Nov 6 - 11PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Tonight's BlogTalkRadio show

Despite some technical difficulties for the first 10 mins we did it: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim/2009/11/07/Its-All-About-Him Anyone who didn't see the Rihanna interview on 20/20 tonite - look for it on ABC.com tomorrow - you members will definitely relate to EVERYTHING she says and talks about. Take care! ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help
Nov 7 - 8AM (Reply to #2)
time_to_move_on
time_to_move_on's picture

that was interesting...

and was good to hear your voice Barbara. A lot of that related to me. My ex lied/missed things out. And I felt embarrassed, didn't want to talk about a lot that had gone on as I felt stupid, as if it was my fault. And even Stockholm Syndrome, I made him my escape a few times a week when I was caring for my mother, so I was dependent on him, when he left he knew I didn't have much support, so was more likely to have him back. Yuck. Good for Rihanna for speaking out.
Nov 7 - 10AM (Reply to #3)
Shelley (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

yes, good for Rihanna

One of the things I enjoyed about the Diane Sawyer and Rihanna interview was the wisdom of Rihanna. She seems to really get the severity of a disordered man. Despite the media claims that she was reuniting with abusive Chris Brown, Rihanna was very clear that a reconciliation is not happening at the present time, but seemed unwilling to block that possibility for the future. But I think as she gains more knowledge and wisdom about personality disorders, that she will not take him back, because she will come to realize that he will not change.
Nov 10 - 7AM (Reply to #4)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

How to Judge a Star Who 'Stumbles'

Analyzing the words of Chris Brown's Father After you’ve been through something personally – whether it’s childbirth, graduate school, or domestic violence – everything you read on the subject resonates a different way. As a woman who escaped a violent marriage, reading the E! Online interview with Clinton Brown on his son Chris Brown’s recent arrest gives me the creeps. To be sure, Clinton Brown meant for his words to mix family remorse with support for his son. He tried to minimize what happened, while pretending he was not minimizing it. Sadly, most of the public will accept this sort of thinking with a sad nod, because after all “We all have our shortcomings.” Even the news media reporting the interview did not bother to point out the flaws in the elder Brown’s whitewashing of a terrible, violent act. Let’s consider what Clinton Brown said, line by line: “This is unfortunate—this stumble, this situation.” First it should be noted that “fortune” traditionally refers to things that happen by chance or by fate. Violence is a choice, not an accident or a matter of fortune. From the outset, Clinton Brown refuses to name the crime. To be fair, he may have excellent legal reasons for not naming specifics. As the father of the alleged perpetrator, we can hardly expect him to detail his son’s heinous act for us. Nevertheless, throughout the interview he demonstrates practiced acumen at minimizing the nature of the act. According to some reports, Chris Brown threatened to kill his girlfriend, and nearly succeeded: They say he choked Rihanna until she passed out. Other accounts describe a black eye, bloody nose, and busted lip. This is not exactly a “stumble.” Vague words like “stumble” and “situation” are common in the vocabulary of abusers and abuse deniers. They are used in place of specific words like punch, slap, kick, choke, threaten, or imprison. “Hopefully, he will get past it.” I really love this bit of optimism. It’s all about the man, and whether he will get past it. Again, we do not know what “it” is – the charge, the tendency to hit women, the woman herself? Most troubling is his focus on the perpetrator. What about the victim? Rihanna is the cultural ambassador of Barbados, with an internationally acclaimed singing career. Her livelihood is based on her voice, and she has already canceled performances because of her injuries. How will this affect her career, her psyche, her sense of safety and her future relationships? Is there any hope in this father’s heart for a young woman who rose up from a remote island in the Caribbean to thrill the world with her song and style, and then became reduced to someone’s whipping post? Clinton Brown offers no fond hope that Rihanna will get past the beating. She is viewed as an obstacle to Chris Brown’s success, rather than a person. “We all have our shortcomings.” Whenever someone makes such a glib statement about a heinous crime, I’m always tempted to ask, “Oh, you mean, you beat up women, too?” “We all trip." We trip, we do not all choke someone half to death on the way down. "If you are on his side, you are on his side," he said. This is a classic false dichotomy. You probably recognize it from the Bush presidency. It makes everything in the world about Chris Brown. Every single human being is sorted, like the proverbial sheep and the goats, into 'for-Brown' and 'against-Brown'. Abusers use this type of thinking to detract from criminal actions and point the finger at someone else. For an abuser, people in the “for” category include friends and family members who deny abuse, people who believe them just because they are cool or charming or providing something, girlfriends who say they fell down the stairs, and policemen who tell battered women not to call 911 again. In the “against” category are victims who speak out, friends who intervene, and anyone who refuses to play along with the script. "Just because someone trips, if you are truly a fan, you are not going to demonize him instantaneously." The above sentence is a double-whammy in the linguistic manipulation department. Clinton Brown implies that if you are a “true fan,” you will continue to buy Chris Brown’s music, attend his concerts, and give him awards even if he did strangle his girlfriend on the curb. He cannot say this outright, because it is untenable. So he substitutes “trips” to minimize the abuse, as he did before. But this time he goes a step further and uses the word “demonize” to describe the action of someone who stops being a fan. Chris Brown does not have to be a demon to keep us from buying his music. We are not fans of men who beat up women, either. "This music industry is very unforgiving when it comes to having indiscretions.” The “unforgiving” trope is used liberally by every abuser on the planet. If a woman forgives a violent man ninety-nine times and leaves him the hundredth time, she will be labeled “unforgiving” or even “bitter.” In this case, we see the label lobbed at an entire industry as a sort of threat against black-listing the man who attacked his girlfriend in the street. If you mind that he did this, you are “unforgiving.” For a new twist on minimizing, Daddy Brown now uses the term “indiscretions,” as if terroristic threats and choking are just momentary lapses of judgment. This interesting little term has been used for decades as a euphemism for extramarital sexual activities. Such violations of trust have always felt like more than “indiscretions” to the faithful spouse – but to use this flippant little word for violent actions is unconscionable. “He will continue to be a good person.” Clinton Brown knows what he is saying. If he stated “He is a good person,” we would snort. But by stating that his son “will continue” to be good, he points to the future while pushing through the implied statement that his son is good. “He loves people.” Most abusers do. In fact, many of them cite love as a motive. That’s why any time police find a female homicide victim, the first person-of-interest is her husband or lover. In the majority of cases, the first guess is correct. “And like most of us, most humans, things will occur.” Sorry, Clinton Brown, but you are wrong again. Most men do not choke their girlfriends, hit their wives, or otherwise terrorize the females in their lives. Most men recognize that their greater size and power obligates them to protect, rather than abuse, the women they know. “And hopefully a person won't be judged simply on that alone." As intelligent beings, we make judgments about other people all the time. We use many criteria, and are often to known to say that someone was an excellent athlete or musician or actor, but a terrible person. If there is any single axis on which we ought to judge a person, it is how that person treats those who are smaller and weaker. All of us love our children, so naturally we expect words of support rather than condemnation from Clinton Brown. However, even a parent cannot be excused from minimizing the nature of abuse or demanding that violence against women be dismissed from the criteria used to judge who is a good person. http://www.waragainstwomen.com/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help
Nov 10 - 8AM (Reply to #5)
4joys4
4joys4's picture

We all trip? Dontcha love

We all trip? Dontcha love that? When the exN (notice I am trying not to say "my narc"- he's not mine anymore-thank god) When he told me his affairs were accidents, that they "just happened", I said.. "Right. Like you were just walking down the street and you tripped and your penis happened to fall into a womens vagina." "Yeah. I get that!". Idiot.
Nov 14 - 7PM (Reply to #6)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Brown Not Happy Rihanna "Told"

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/11/chris-brown-reacts-to-rihanna-2020-interview/ "I maintain my position that all the details should remain a private matter between us," he added. Translation: 'The Bitch is ruining my career now that everyone knows I am a remorseless beater!' If that isn't more reason for ALL OF US to expose these jerks I don't know what is!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Abuse Information Site Online Coaching & Help
Nov 14 - 8PM (Reply to #7)
quietude (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Of course he's not happy...

"Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone I'm a crazy-ass woman-beater, it may cramp my style"!!!