MICHELE115/form KGirl

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 11 - 6PM
Apr 12 - 8AM
Deidre40
Deidre40's picture

oh my gosh...what a head

oh my gosh...what a head case!!!! I'm so sorry KG you went through this. She reminds me of my 'now' ex. Nice to call him an ex. I GUARANTEE he will try to get my attention on the website we belong to. I'm prepared. He's a child. Ugh...this makes me sick, reading what this woman did to you, KG. Please go NC. She sounds like she gets a thrill out of hurting you. Well, they all do, really. I find laying low, and NC is the best cure. Sort of like RAID bug spray to get rid of roaches. :D Oh, I'm so funny. {{hugs}} you deserve way better!!!
Apr 11 - 7PM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

KG

You Wrote: Seriously though.....that picture pisses me off! It's the only picture of her I can see on FB because I unfriended her a while back. What is the point of that picture? I have to believe she has that up on purpose. Really though? What will that get her? Nothing but a jab at me! It's not even a flattering picture....she normally chooses a "glamour shot." That trip was over a YEAR ago! Why put it up after we break up? She would tell me right now that I'm wrong and think everything she posts is about me. Yea, just to mess with you...who can figure out the scrambled brains of a Narc...or narcette for that matter! They are in a way just like little children. If we were fighting, then she'd change her FB profile picture to one of her and her husband. If I asked her about that, she'd say well he is my husband...am I not supposed to put pictures of us up? Bitch! You said it not me...but I'd use an adjective before that noun..."pissy"...LOL She used to post her love horoscopes on her FB wall. It used to say things like "you are ready to get rid of those in your life that are full of drama....you're ready for something new and you just want to have some fun"...blah blah blah. She would post this shit right after we talked about that I was too serious and was drama for her. Then when I would confront her about her love horoscope and how it offended me somewhat....then I was WAY of base and reading too much into things and she was just posting that for fun. WHATEVER! Passive aggressive maneuver...PB! and that does not stand for Peanut butter! OK....maybe I feel some anger :) LOL Very good, I am proud of you...embrace that anger...actually anger doesn't feel good but it's part of the stage like I said before....I posted a thread encouraging members to write their "angry" letters so if you feel the need, there is an outlet there... Hugs!
Apr 12 - 8AM (Reply to #2)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Good morning Michele :) I've

Good morning Michele :) I've been thinking a bunch and I am feeling stuck....ugh! I can't get past blaming myself for what happened. I think that's why I can't feel very angry about things. I know she targeted and pursued me....but I pursued her back. In the last year of our relationship, I could feel the downward spiral and I tried so hard to make things work....and I pursued her much more than she pursued me. I had no right to ask anything of her because she is married....she is right that I had no rights and shouldn't have expected so much from her. I gave her SO much....my heart, my love, so much of my free time, very thoughtful gifts, money, favors.....and she is right that she never asked me for all of that. But she took it with no problem! I think I am left feeling like maybe I was stupid and pursued someone who wasn't available and maybe she tried to tell me that and I didn't listen. So these are my doubts :( I feel so good when I'm on this board and reading and sharing and talking to you.....but when I am left alone with my own thoughts....the doubts come creeping back in. ~KG
Apr 12 - 10AM (Reply to #5)
Anonymous's picture

KG

Good morning Michele :) Maybe my advice is a little biased, but I disagree with your thinking because you are blaming yourself. Yes, in a normal relationship, we can take a certain amount of responsibility - which is not the same as blame...blame is the whole enchilada of which you have no business owning. This was not a normal relationship - you were targeted, that makes you a victim, and subject to the actions of a narc which are manipulative and causes us to say and do things we would not normally do under non-disordered circumstances. Hence, when you say: I can't get past blaming myself for what happened. I am compelled to respond, that if you understand the disorder and the techniques they use to trap you...you wer subjected to a number of methods such as: Manipulations, brainwashing, intermittent reinforcement, subjugation, and gaslighting. That combination alone especially when unaware - how could you be responsible for this attack? You were targeted. REMEMBER, this was not a normal relationship...she was on the prowl for supply and she knew what she was doing so how are you to blame for not being aware of exactly what was going on? I think that's why I can't feel very angry about things. I believe, that it's still early, and you are still processing everything, thinking about things and replaying the tapes going back and forth. It hasn't clicked yet. Once it clicks...We'll be here for you. Just keep processing. I know she targeted and pursued me....but I pursued her back. AND...isn't that what happens in relationships? For whatever reason you fell - we've established your human and entitlted to mistakes - but you had no way of knowing what or whom you were dealing with. In the last year of our relationship, I could feel the downward spiral and I tried so hard to make things work....and I pursued her much more than she pursued me. Because YOU were attached which is what happens in a relationship - remember she is/was detached but her mission was to get you attached as that is the way she secures her supply. SO if you read up on intermittent reinforcement, this I believe is the dynamic that causes us to up the ante and want more even when we're getting crumbs, after a while we become "trained" through their techniques. They give a crumb, it feels good, our chemicals react to it - the feel good chemicals, we feel more balanced, then they abruptly withdraw...so quite naturally we want the good feelings back so we try harder to get them back...it's almost like pavlov and the dogs...this is what happens in these relationshps. They fear intimacy, and so no matter what, they will do just enough to hook you but then pull away. This is the Mind 'eff or what they call crazymaking behaviour. I had no right to ask anything of her because she is married....she is right that I had no rights and shouldn't have expected so much from her. If I were to agree to this, then I need to know then how is it justified that she wanted and demanded so much of you? Does a normal relationship not go both ways? Didn't someone say they loved and needed you? How does it work one toe in one toe out? You had to be there for her while she....? I gave her SO much....my heart, my love, so much of my free time, very thoughtful gifts, money, favors.....and she is right that she never asked me for all of that. But she took it with no problem! Exactly!...so is this not inconsistent behavior? Mixed messages? Disordered behaviour. What does an ethical person do? WHAT would a real friend do? Wouldn't a real friend level? Let's say someone was head over heels with you but you didn't quite feel the same and they were offering all these things, wouldn't you just on principal level and say: I really appreciate and flattered but I can't reciprocate so I don't feel it's fair? Maybe go halves on the trip if you liked eachother's company but do your share? What share did she give? I think I am left feeling like maybe I was stupid and pursued someone who wasn't available and maybe she tried to tell me that and I didn't listen. Someone unavailable would not be engaging in the parts that benefitted her at all...she was available...she was available to USE you...and then flip the script. She manipulated and used you. This is what you need to wrap your head around. So these are my doubts :( So what are you thinking now? I feel so good when I'm on this board and reading and sharing and talking to you.....but when I am left alone with my own thoughts....the doubts come creeping back in. ~KG It's part of the process KG...if you have time, there are the vets and there are the newbies...go back some and read some of the older members posts...you can see all our convuluded thinking...mine go back to late september, I can speak for myself...I was a basket case, but all of us were lost in the abyss...it is part of the process and I hung on to the board for dear life. I have to say that other than times when I felt really triggered, I did not miss a day. They say it takes eighteen months. Now, understand, everyone goes through their recovery differently, but I can say that the board did comfort me during those early days. When I felt strong enough, rather than needing "help" although I haven't ruled out that maybe I will still need support as part of my recovery - but today, rather than being a victim, I can help others through the process...but that is a testament to GROWTH and recovery of which I can assure you that this is all normal, and there will come a time when you feel soooo much better. Hugs!
Apr 12 - 12PM (Reply to #6)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Michele.....I feel better

Michele.....I feel better :) You go break it all down and then it makes so much sense to me. Yes....she took everything I gave without a problem at all. I agree....if I had someone all over me and I wasn't available...I would have that talk. I would say....you are the sweetest ever, but I can take these things from you. I would level and say that I didn't feel the same....and I would let them go! She never let me go! In the end she STILL wants to be friends....which is such BS because she's the worst friend ever. I don't know how I ever got mixed up with her....she unlike any of my other friends. UGH! ~KG
Apr 12 - 12PM (Reply to #7)
Anonymous's picture

KG

Keep sharing, we'll make sense of it all... Hugs!
Apr 12 - 7PM (Reply to #8)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

I know...I'm just really

I know...I'm just really hating the ups and downs of this. I will feel so good and strong...and then a picture can take all the wind out of my sails. I accidentally saw a picture of her on FB....through her daughters page....she's smiling and looking happy...going to concerts and joking around with friends.... I really hate her today....CRAZY TWISTED PISSY BITCH... I don't like myself like this...I'm usually very even tempered and pretty easy going...
Apr 12 - 7PM (Reply to #9)
Anonymous's picture

KG

It might be redundant, but in order to bust this bubble, you need to feel the anger or whatever you're feeling...it's almost like the stages of grief. It's okay to repeat CTPB all you like...I forget my name for him...I'll have to remember...now that the anger's gone I don't remember half the sick stuff I was going through, but yes it was intense and very much part of it...the thing is to keep writing, sharing, getting it out...purging the TOXIN that is "narcette" Hugs! You may have already read this...but reptition is the grandfather of all learning a.k.a. "understanding" http://www.lisaescott.com/2010/10/25/power-anger Hugs!
Apr 12 - 10PM (Reply to #10)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Michele...... thanks again

Michele...... thanks again for your support as well as the info and links. Are you sick of listening to my whining and blabbing on and on yet?? ;) hugs for you ~KG
Apr 12 - 10PM (Reply to #11)
Anonymous's picture

Nah, not yet...

LOL - it's all part of the process...I've "penned" a number of volumes on here myself...makes for a very bad lifetime movie...trying to figure out if it could be converted to a tragi-comedy but I'm not having much success...;) Hugs!
Apr 12 - 8AM (Reply to #3)
Deidre40
Deidre40's picture

Keep repeating this: SHE IS

Keep repeating this: SHE IS AN ASSHOLE. She is married...she should have said no. You might feel culpable for a degree of what happened, but you can't take full blame for HER choices. She enjoyed the attention, gifts, etc. Who ASKS for attention and gifts? ''I didn't ask for that.'' No one asks for gifts...that's why they are called GIFTS. She is a quintessential mind game player. Honestly, put a goatee on her...and give her some muscles, she'd be my ex. I am so very sorry. You are not to blame for HER bad behavior. Even if you erred...her playing mean FB games with your head is on her. She's mean. Narcs are mean. Hateful. Because they loathe themselves. They need people like you and me to supply them with value. Of course, that's impossible and hopeless in the long run. I too needed something from the narc. But, how we differ is that I was kind. Loving. Nurturing. They begin this way, only as a facade...to eventually turn into the narcs they truly are. I pray you stay NC, and don't succomb to her guilt trips. STAY AWAY FROM FB!!! I hate FB. I really do. It is evil, in and of itself. But, that's another story. lol
Apr 12 - 9AM (Reply to #4)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Deidre......thank you so

Deidre......thank you so much. She is something else for sure. She claimed she was like a guy in many ways....referring to not being emotional. I never would have pursued her in a million years! She got her hooks into me under the guise of friendship...and then crossed the boundaries of friendship. Who would ever think a girlfriend would do that! Geez....what a mess! But I am climbing out :) I'm at day 5 of NC and feeling very strong and determined! Thank you SO very much for your support! ~KG