Lobo555's Story

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 3 - 11AM
Lobo555
Lobo555's picture

Lobo555's Story

Fasten your seatbelts. . . this is a bumpy ride!

I was involved with my narc for a number of years. Knew him locally through friends. He was dating someone else when we met, they broke up, I slept w/him, he decided to date another woman. I was gutted. Felt used. But decided it was for the best if he could treat me that way.

Fast forward 2 yrs. when his girlfriend broke up with him. He came to me for NS. For a year and a half, when his girlfriend would cut the NS umbilical cord, he'd come to me and I'd relent, thinking at some point he would stay with me. Lather, rinse, repeat. I fell deeper and deeper in love. The more nice/jerk he was, the more I fell.

Finally, he and the girlfriend split for good after becoming engaged for 3 months. He came back to me after a period of mourning over the girlfriend but kept me at arm's length by saying he didn't want a relationship. I resisted sex for a while, gave in, then felt foolish.
Then I resisted for a solid year.

Finally I broke down in November after a couple of failed relationships where the men also told me, "I like you but I guess I don't want a relationship." These were nice guys, and I figured if they didn't want a relationship, no one would. So, I also figured I might as well go back to the narc. Better the devil you know, right?

Basically I gave up on men entirely. Feeling lonely and sexually deprived, I let the narc have his NS. For me, it was supply, too, although ultimately unsatisfying because I still wanted a relationship with someone.

I *really* wanted one with the narc. I loved him. We laughed so much and he actually asked questions about me like he cared about me -- something I never got from my ex-husband or other boyfriends.

In Dec he left to work in another country for the winter. He invited me to visit him there. I was shocked at the invite -- it seemed such a big step for him! So, of course, I jumped at the chance.

He sent me love notes beforehand via email -- something he'd never done. We had a wonderful trip. I returned here and only heard from him sporadically.

He returned in Feb due to unforseen circumstances. He was at times available, wonderful and other at times aloof. I was perpetually confused. Then he gave me a speech about how he still wasn't over his girlfriend who'd left him 2 years ago and how he still didn't want a relationship.

I put my foot down. I said, "If two years and a great vacation with me didn't work for that, I give up on you. I'm hanging my jock and hitting the showers. I'm DONE."

We agreed to be friends. He hoovered and told me how wonderful, "cool" (who uses that word over the age of 16?), and great I was. How I have SO much love to give to a lucky guy!!!

The next week I saw a post on his Facebook wall, "Miss you already!" This was from a woman I didn't know. It was also exactly what I texted him when I'd left our vacation a month and a half prior.

A week after *that*, he sent a proxy to the pub we would hang out at. The proxy said he met the girl a week after I left the vacation. He met her in the foreign country while she was on vacation and she lives in the US near where we live (neighboring state). Not only that, she's rich, beautiful, tall, sexy.

She called the narc the day after I broke things off with him. They met up that day for the second time in their lives. Then they began to spend 24/7 with each other, having sex "constantly" according to the proxy.

So, I was basically tossed aside like an empty gin bottle. What happened to our fantastic trip? The "mi amore" emails???? Where did that all go for him?

A week after *that* I found out he MARRIED the woman!

Now. . . it's been 2 1/2 months of nc. Not that he would care to hear from me anyway. It's easy to keep nc when they don't want to bother with you.

I am gutted and confused. How could he tell me for *years* he didn't want a relationship, have me come to a whole nother country to visit, write me love notes, come home, meet someone else, then marry *her* after 3 weeks???

My head is spinning like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. My brain is short circuiting. Ugh. I am so glad I found this board!!!

Jun 3 - 12PM
Alibi_10
Alibi_10's picture

Lobo

This such an awful story, so sorry you have gone through this. I can identify with some parts of it - particularly the thing about trying to be friends, and actually still finding someone attractive when they are not interested in that way any more with you. That said, I think when you have had a lot of disappointments, the devil (and yours certainly sounds like him) you know seems to be better than nothing. But you know that's not true. I know that not's true. Everyone here knows that nothing IS better, it's just so hard to break free from such an awful situation, because being humiliated and used becomes the norm - at times can make you feel something. But again, the rule of no contact (so it seems) eventually brings peace and clarity away from these awful, selfish people who don't care about us. I am not at a stage yet with this where it feels in any way comfortable, but please keep reading on here because those that are further down the line with their healing have all achieved where they are through cutting off contact with their tormentor. You are not alone on here x
Jun 3 - 1PM (Reply to #11)
Lobo555
Lobo555's picture

I wish I could say

. . . he was the only narc I was ever involved with, but he's not. I realize that from this board. I am totally nc and glad to be so. Also glad for this board and you all! You have NO IDEA how much you've all helped!!! Hugs to all of you!
Jun 3 - 12PM
ShaynasMommy
ShaynasMommy's picture

Lobo

I hope she was smart enough to get a pre-nup!!!!!!!!! But probably not. Believe me, she will be ALOT worse off than you are right now. Trust that.
Jun 3 - 12PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Is he the one looking for

Is he the one looking for citizenship? She has bucks, he needs something from her! Moveforward, she can have your trash! Hunter
Jun 3 - 2PM (Reply to #7)
Lobo555
Lobo555's picture

Nope

He and NewWinningWife are both citizens of the United States of Narc. I mean, the US of A! :) She has bucks -- he's homeless. And an alcoholic. So, she can buy him booze and let him crash at her place. If they aren't at her place, they are *both* crashing at his best friend's place. So crazy. WHO DOES THIS???? Oh yeah, THEY do! Yes, she can have my trash. Just wish it didn't hurt so bad when he ran off with someone else. What a blow to the soul.
Jun 3 - 2PM (Reply to #8)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Lobo

Ding,Ding .... Bucks, married,Then divorced ,he gets half and she gets half his debt!!! Hunter
Jun 3 - 12PM
spinning
spinning's picture

Lobo, he's a stinkin'

OPPORTUNIST on top of his disordered mind. DOLLAR SIGNS LED HIM. She'll be sorry she was so hasty. She'll also likely be broke...well, well...better her than you! Trust me. This will end badly and he'll dip his toe in your waters again...it may take a few years, but I know from FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE that this "magical" (i.e. she's perfect supply...money, too!..) whirlwind marriage will not last. She'll be destroyed. I feel sorry for her. Lobo, you are better off without this baggage. You are on your way to a new life filled with the love and trust that you deserve. Trust me on this, too, I know because it is happening to me at 7 months NC. Good things are coming to me, truly. The same will happen for you when you close the door on this complete, phoney, USER. I'm glad you're here, though I'm sorry you had to end up here. This is a great community of support and healing and has made all the difference for me. Love and hugs and good vibes to you for peace, strength, and most of all JOY!! Sincerely, (not) spinning. NOT AN OPTION. THE SICK MF'ER IS DEAD. HE NEVER REALLY EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

spinning

Jun 3 - 2PM (Reply to #5)
Lobo555
Lobo555's picture

Ceelo

Just call me Ceelo: "I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough, so I'm like. . . forget you!" :) That Ceelo song "Forget You" hits the nail on the head. Her wealth probably "helped" him make the marriage leap! Thank you so much for the love and hugs and good vibes. I really appreciate that! Hugs back to you, too.
Jun 3 - 12PM (Reply to #2)
ShaynasMommy
ShaynasMommy's picture

darn right

"this "magical" (i.e. she's perfect supply...money, too!..) whirlwind marriage will not last. She'll be destroyed. I feel sorry for her." It won't last. My ex N left me for someone who was supposedly inheriting a sum of cash (not very big mind you, about $12 grand BIG WHOOP!) She blew through it w/o spending a dime on him and then it was over. Case closed.
Jun 3 - 1PM (Reply to #3)
Used
Used's picture

shanyasmommy

and 3 cheers for her....thats our girl!!!!!!!!
Jun 3 - 2PM (Reply to #4)
Lobo555
Lobo555's picture

Justice!

Nice to see sometimes what goes around *does* come around! I can't wait for karma to come up and kick him right in the fanny.