Knock, Knock... Narc at My Door!!!!!!!!!!! (He lives 600 miles away)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 15 - 6PM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Knock, Knock... Narc at My Door!!!!!!!!!!! (He lives 600 miles away)

Well, wonders never cease... I'm seven weeks NC. No, not easy weeks either. NC is its own rollercoaster ride, but I've done it. Sunday morning I went for a peaceful run, showered, walked to the Farmer's Market, bought myself lovely flowers and delicious fruit. It was a crisp, sunny day. I was alone and happy. As I rounded the front stairs of my house, who do I find sitting on my front door stoop with a bag of two scones from my local bakery? (I need to remind you and myself, this man lives 600 miles away, I live in the North of my state, he in the South). The only way he is able to make any contact is via my work voicemail. And now my 'FRONT DOOR'. He just sat there staring at me... I said, "Please don't do this." I cannot talk to you. Please go." I was trembling, spinning, I felt dizzy and ungrounded.
I won't deny I felt some sort of strange satisfaction staring at him and saying NOTHING.
I admit, I did not slam the door in his face. I politely sat on my stoop listening to one more round of his pathetic bullshit.
What I realized was he will never be anything other than a bullshitting Narcissist. He cannot get at me now. I know too much. I recognized that his presence mad me shutter. I did not want his affection or mindshare. I just wanted him to go...
He said he'd be staying at his mother's house for a few days and if I changed my mind about seeing him, please call...
I will not be calling... In fact, I'm annoyed that he is somewhere nearby.
As difficult as NC is, it is the ONLY way to move on. He has tilted my scale, but I'm finding my balance again.
These people are toxic and dangerous. It has been two days since he showed up on my doorstep and I still feel ill.
This too shall pass...
FreeMe (again)

Jan 16 - 11AM
spinning
spinning's picture

Free, you rock...

spinning

Jan 16 - 9AM
talktothehand
talktothehand's picture

That's progress!

Jan 16 - 9AM