Don't let the narc follow you into 2013...

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 31 - 9AM
Deidre99
Deidre99's picture

Don't let the narc follow you into 2013...

My new year's wish for everyone here -- is that for those who are new to NC, you stay the course. You trust the mods here and their advice. I have never had a one on one with goldie, but have read great things about having them with her.

If you need therapy, get it. If you need to change your number, do it. If you need to avoid places where you both frequented, avoid them. If you need to shun people whom you both associated with because they keep you updated on every move the narc is making, then shun them.

WHATEVER IT TAKES. Make that your new mantra for 2013. Make it your MISSION to get better, to live a life narc free. Make that your goal for the new year.

DO NOT LET THIS MAN OR WOMAN WHO ABUSED YOU THIS YEAR, AND MAYBE FOR YEARS PRIOR, FOLLOW YOU INTO THE NEW YEAR. If you have children, stay LC. Commit to making that your mission.

Make your mission about you. Make the new year something special, a new life ahead for you. Let 2013 be about new beginnings. Don't let the narc follow you into the new year.

I used to look at new year's eve as just another new year approaching. But after dealing with narcs for the past few years, I see it as a chapter closing, lessons learned, and a new island approaching us all to embark upon. We don't have to accept bad treatment. If you think you do, then keep working on why you think this way. THE ANSWERS ARE THERE WITHIN YOU. THEY ARE. BUT YOU HAVE TO COMMIT TO DOING THE WORK. Listen to the mods. Read Lisa's book. Stay the course, and the journey will get smoother.

But, please. Don't let the narc follow you into 2013. You are the only one that can make that happen. The narc WILL try to follow you into 2013. That, I promise you. It's up to you now, to not let that happen.

It is my great hope for you all. Blessings, and a happy new year for you all! (((hugs)))

Dec 31 - 8PM
kollontai77
kollontai77's picture

Dec 31 - 1PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

YAY DEE, Happy New Year to you our Dear Friend!!!

Dec 31 - 3PM (Reply to #8)
Deidre99
Deidre99's picture

I want to cry reading that, I

Jan 1 - 9PM (Reply to #9)
petite7heaven
petite7heaven's picture

Yeah !!!!!

Dec 31 - 1PM
Deidre99
Deidre99's picture

here's to all of us, raising