something that struck a cord with me

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 6 - 12AM
stayingstrong11
stayingstrong11's picture

something that struck a cord with me

Hi Friends:)

So I was reading and reading about Narcs ( like I tend to in order to stay NC ) I read this paragraph that helped remind me so much why I am NC and while I will remain NC...

What we gain when we let go.......we are free :)
"Free to not have to wonder how much he's lying to me. Free to not have to wonder how many women he is being inappropriate with when I'm not around. Free to not have to feel that sinking feeling when everything about his behavior indicates he's cheating. Free to not have to feel crazy when he completely denies he's cheating. Free from his rages. Free from the mind games and intermittent expressions of love. Free from the crazy feeling that nothing about this feels like genuine love. Free from feeling like everything has to be his way and to his liking or else I might lose him, when meanwhile I never had him because it was all a lie and there was someone else from the start. Free from wondering if I am going to get an STD from him. Did I mention the rages? She can have him. I am free to declare that he is not worthy of me. "

Apr 8 - 7AM
Lorraine
Lorraine's picture

Love your Post