Two years this March

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 8 - 1PM
Taralynn
Taralynn's picture

Two years this March

Dear Goldie,

It has been two years since I wrote to my NPD to delete me. Since then I joined your groups read and studied about these disordered people, and got therapy. I can remember you stating that is takes about two years for recovery. I can now look back and say yes!! You are so spot on. I am continuing to do work on myself and repair my belief system about life and how it works. Not only have I stopped engaging with the Narc, I cleaned house on my friendships and have a better understanding of my marriage... What is realistic and what is not. I had to stop everything else in my life except work in order to get thru this process. I cried a lot and slept tons. Just now am I back to exercising and taking better care of me. I had to understand and feel this horrid experience. In one of the Narc last letters to me he said he gets nothing out of these experiences except to observe, serve, and open. I did crack open and I have changed. I can only see what happened now as a comedy. You once told me is remember him as the Italian seducer of the repressed librarian.. And so it is!! It wasn't a Greek tragedy at all.. Just a light Italian opera where I had my own starring role. I can laugh at myself now. You also said he would contact me. He did. Wrote to me after two years in nov of our last meeting in Vegas .. Asking me if I was searching for him and writing about how quality was hard to find. He also sent same message to two other women at the same time... I smiled. Then felt bad for a bit.. Was the last hurrah in thinking he was just a player and not disordered. He may or may not try again. Frankly my dear Goldie I don't care... I am free of the addiction and have loads more work to do on me!! With a huge thanks to you and all the mods on this site. I still come back and reread the posts to remind me of my journey, I don't want to soften what happened between me and my international man of mystery... But he has no say in my life any more.

Mar 11 - 5PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Yeah

Mar 9 - 12PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Dearest Taralynn,

Mar 9 - 1PM (Reply to #5)
truthnow
truthnow's picture

Goldie, I am interested in your new group.

Truthnow

Mar 8 - 3PM
Fellforaclown
Fellforaclown's picture

Dear Taralynn...

Mar 9 - 2PM (Reply to #3)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Wonderful Progress Report Fell

Mar 8 - 8PM (Reply to #2)
Taralynn
Taralynn's picture

Fell foreclown..... So Good to hear you are doing well!