Little ways we take care of ourselves

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 14 - 5PM
trouble
trouble's picture

Little ways we take care of ourselves

I was thinking about the little things I do that bring me pleasure. I was thinking how it is easy to focus on what we feel is missing ... but let's look at what we're doing for ourselves to take care of ourselves.

For me, I love painting my nails. I don't mean going to a nail salon for a manicure or pedicure. I love doing it myself. I love looking for new colors, trying them out, slapping on some color and picking up my mood. It is cheap and makes me feel good! I'm not a girlie girl, so why I have suddenly developed this fascination with painting my nails is beyond me. But it is an instant pick-me-up.

I also love going on walks and taking pictures of things that strike me. The other day there was a snake in the path, warming itself in the sun. Snap. Today I saw a tree with beautiful changing leaves. Snap. Anything that calls to me in some way, I take a picture. It is a weird little hobby, but I love doing it and I love looking back at my bizarre collection of photos.

What about you all? What is something little or easy that you do that brings you pleasure or helps you take care of yourself?

Hugs,
Trouble

Dec 17 - 9PM
Parizade
Parizade's picture

I brush my teeth at night

Dec 17 - 10PM (Reply to #10)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Outstanding report Parizade

Nov 14 - 8PM
ItsFinallytime