How to repel narcs for good?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 18 - 1AM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

How to repel narcs for good?

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted here in several months and wanted to ask for advice on a topic that has been bugging me for awhile. I feel that I have been encountering too many narcs in the dating world and at my new workplace. I am not sure if it is my knowledge on narc behavior that is causing me to "notice" so much, but it is disheartening to me that disordered individuals are paying even the littlest bit of attention to me. For example, at work there are two Ns who have made several sexually inappropriate comments to me about my boss and women in general, along with snide remarks about my appearance. They also did not take "no" for an answer when I informed them that I don't date coworkers. This must have triggered their narcissistic rage because things got ugly really quickly.

I have dated very little but am even more terrified to do so now that I have already met two narcs on the dating scene as well. Each guy completely disregarded my wishes, feelings and thoughts/opinions on important matters and repeatedly overstepped my boundaries. I ended things after only two dates by blocking their phone numbers and moving to a new city since both exhibited stalker behavior.

I am frustrated because I have studied so much about personality disorders in the past year, and yet these psychos still approach me at work, in the gym, or anywhere else I go. They seem to be everywhere, as if the universe is testing me yet again. Can't they see that I have become narc proof? I jump ship at the first sign of any red flag and block all future contact. I feel that I am getting better at identifying these monsters and deleting them from my life before they can inflict harm. In this sense, I have made good progress, but I am still upset that they even bother with me in the first place. Is there anything I can do with my behavior that will ward them off? I have read how sociopaths target potential victims by their body language (walk, hand placement, etc). I have since adopted what my close friends and family say is a very hostile and aloof demeanor in public. I do this mainly as a pre-emptive defense mechanism, but for whatever reason it only seems to attract the worst narcs who are hell-bent on tearing down whatever barriers I set up.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just what happens to empaths regardless and all we can do is protect ourselves time and again?

Nov 6 - 1PM
Viola22
Viola22's picture

Thanks for this post

Nov 7 - 6AM (Reply to #7)
Janie53
Janie53's picture

Viola

Nov 7 - 7AM (Reply to #8)
Viola22
Viola22's picture

Thanks Janie