Is he a narcissist?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 17 - 12AM
Rebecca0120
Rebecca0120's picture

Is he a narcissist?

Im confused & my mind is jumbled so I apologize for this.
We hve been broke up for 2 wks. We lived togthr for 2 1/2yrs & i asked him & his kids to leave. He did..got an apt & completely cut off all contact with me & blocked me from his life. Until last Friday he stopped here to get things & said he doesnt miss me, he doesnt love me & someday Ill be fine like he is. That I mean nothing to him & called me a stupid bitch...the 1st time in 2hrs he called me a name. So thats where I am. He acts like he hates me when he is not ignoring me completely. Here's our background...
Met 2 1/2yrs ago. We clicked, it was amazing!! In 2yrs we only spent 4 nites apart. He made me smile and laugh and everyday was a fun adventure. His background consists of his dad dying when he was 3, his mom becoming a messed up alcoholic, 7 yrs in and out of prison, his brother dying of alcoholism when he was 30 & hving 3 kids with his ex but finding out the 3rd one wasnt his. So he has had it tough. He told me from day one he is unable to love another woman & wont ever say it. He did finally say it 5 months ago, took him over 2 yrs. but we were happy anyway. I could feel his love. All our friends were envious of wht we had. He moved in with my kids and I...we were so happy. Cooked togthr, cleaned togthr...loved & supported each other. Then slowly i saw another side to him. He got lazy-ish & was always tired. I had to start taking care of everything. But it seemed I could nvr do anything quite right & if i did it was bcuz he taught me how to do it. An example is i caught a big walleye fishing one day. He was proud of me but made sure to tell everyone its becuz he picked out my lure & told me where to cast. Everything I did good was becuz of him. Then he started getting moody. I tiptoed on egg shells around him so i wouldnt say the wrong thing and make him mad becuz when he was grumpy everyone in the house was miserable. If we had Friday plans I had to be so careful all week not to piss him off or he would cancel. Then we started arguing over the stupidt things. But i wasnt allowed to argue back. He stated his case & if i tried to talk he would yell at me for interrupting him or he would talk louder and over power my voice. When he was done with his side he would leave the room and if i followed him talking i got called crazy. But then the next day i was his world and he was in love with me followed by the next day when i couldnt do anything rite again. He called me a slob and said his stuff (laundary) is nvr lying around. He didnt seem to notice tht was because i always picked his up 1st & made sure all his clothes were clean so he wasnt bitchy in the mornings. Everytime we argued he threatened to move out. Or he would go to his mommy's house for the night. He demeans her so badly she cries yet does anything for him. He rules her and she is scared to talk back to him. He overspeaks EVERYONE and any story anyone tells be makes a way for it to include and come back to him. He tells stories and exaggerates them so much to make himself sound really good. He just doesnt seem to like other people. Only a few select people are good enough to be his friend. And if they upset him they are cut out until they kiss his ass. He drinks a lot and has a problem peeing the bed if he drinks too much vodka. I would be humiliated if i did tht, he laughs about to other people. Nothing he does is ever wrong. His way is the best way and dont question it. He keeps calling me a "genuis", but in such a bad way tht it feels like a dirty name when he says it. He puts down everything i do now. Im 35 and was proud of who i was but when he started calling me loser and pathetic & he feels sorry for me I believe him. He has nvr cheated or physically abused me. And he mentally/emotionally abuses me in a way tht doesnt seem like abuse. He makes me feel like im the crazy one when I know darn well im not crazy at all. Then his kids moved in becuz he got custody the middle of July and its the same with them. Suddenly they can do no wrong & everything is my kids' fault. If i pointed out a bad behavior in his daughter he acted like it was an attack on her and him both. My babies were miserable, so was I...so i asked him to leave and packed up his things for him. Now he hates me. I begged him for a 2nd chance and he told me all the things I listed first. He is mean to me now and makes me feel worthless. Like nothing we had togthr ever mattered to him. He has thrown me aside and I mean nothing to him. Yet 5 wks ago he was holding me so tight telling me he loves me and nvr wants to lose me. IM SO CONFUSED & HURT & LOST. Questioning where i went wrong. I rubbed his feet and legs everynite before bed becuz they were sore. I lived and breathed for him...did anything and everything he asked of me. Supported him in getting his children. His friends say im the most amazing girlfriend ever and do everything for him...yet he looked me straight in the eyes 3 wks ago & said i do nothing for him.
So I guess i just want to know if he is just an ass or if he sounds narcissistic. I need to know anyone's opinion on this! Thank u for taking time to read my too long ramblings

Sep 18 - 11AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

The Dance of the Narcissist and Empath

Sep 17 - 6PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

I agree with spinning , He

Sep 17 - 11AM
spinning
spinning's picture

Rebecca, my short answer