"Obsession" on trying to heal from a 'new narc' that is in proximity...at workplace

1 post / 0 new
#1 Sep 2 - 9PM
Amazed
Amazed's picture

"Obsession" on trying to heal from a 'new narc' that is in proximity...at workplace

As you all my know..I have been on this forum for many years.. my first experience was with a Psychopath N ...Narc on steroids...sick story..took me a long time to learn..heal..recover..

Well I have been Narc Free for almost 5 years now..and I feel great, thank God, and thanks to this forum..and much study..

Well..I had one guy who I had that "let me help you" mode on...and helped him to get a job at my workplace...

BIG MISTAKE..

He is the WORST...complainer...passive aggressive...manipulative...likes to stand back..not work...does crazy stuff..like "mimics my body language" ...he sits near me..and he ACTUALLY MOVES HIS
BODY AROUND TO MIRROR MINE...as I lean forward to make a phone call..he leans forward..rocks back and forth...it is really really odd...and he is NOT DOING THE WORK HE IS SUPPOSE TO...

The Management are onto him..and I am COMPLETELY hands off....I know better now...back in the day I would be ALL over trying to help...do his work for him...all that crap that empathy, compassion,, humanity...feeling..caring...got me into deep in the first place with Psyc N...and now with this other guy...

Question is...I am finding myself having obsessive thoughts...like thinking about how I need to protect myself...how I have to stay away...keep my guard up...it is taking much conscious thought,,as well
as quite a bit of 'time on my mind' that this person DOES NOT DESERVE...

That is the strange thing...

I got him a job....he is condescending towards me in attitude, behavior..comment...completely ungrateful for how I have helped...the whole mind twist thing they do....I think of it like the finger pointing out..has four more pointing back...all the demeaning attitude that they project...is who they truly are on the inside...yet they project and insinuate us...their helper...as the guilty party...

It is HORRIBLE dynamic to be involved in...I can just feel the tension around this person....having been Narc free for several years now...it is a horrible reminder that these people are out there...

I just don't want to have to give them so much attention..or time in my head trying to fend off their subtle..and not so subtle manipulation...working with the Narc...it is like you will NEVER WIN with a Narc...never...they are in their own bubble..their own toxic mindset.....yet I find it is on my mind too much...have you all ever experienced this..or how did you deal...or let it go?

Thank you :)))

Amazed...