Behaving codependently alone!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 28 - 9AM
Hopeisdying
Hopeisdying's picture

Behaving codependently alone!

Hi, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life since my ex left me and went to town on making me feel bad about myself throughout the relationship-though being particularly abusive for the last few months.

Basically I have been living with my mother. She is now moving to another town-I am welcome to come with her, there is a room for me etc.

But I wanted to move out and have my own place. I got a part time job and then I got offered another in the town I'm currently in-but it has been very hard to find somewhere over Christmas! So I gave up and told one of the jobs I could not do it and was moving with my mum.

I have spent today being emotional about my not knowing what to do though still. I do not want to live with my mum anymore, it makes me angry at myself for being dependent on her as an adult. But I was also scared of living alone in a shared flat with no one I knew near me (where we live now i have no friends near).

I just don't know what to do. I am considering going into shared accommodation in the town my mother is going to-so I don't feel completely alone.

My mind is just so used to talking things through with my ex that it does not know what to do about these decisions alone. I want to make a new life but I don't know where to start. I think I just need time to decide what I want really. But I also have this weird thing where I want to be around my family for support but I also want to get as far away from them as possible so I can be my own person. There's a lot of anger and guilt going on inside me. Ugh....

Dec 28 - 11PM
boomer14
boomer14's picture

think about..

Dec 28 - 9PM
Pumpkin
Pumpkin's picture

Just

Pumpkin

Dec 31 - 9AM (Reply to #2)
Goldie
Goldie's picture