puttinghimbehindme's story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 14 - 6AM
puttinghimbehindme
puttinghimbehindme's picture

puttinghimbehindme's story

too good to be true summed it all up

just like in the three books I've read desperate for answered once finding out I had been dealing with a person with narcissistic personality disorder , our relationship started out like a dream. he expressed all of his desires in a woman to me and I felt confident that I could meet them. he complemented me in every way mans I never felt more desirable and beautiful we made meals together and shopped together for those meals. we txt and talked endlessly on the phone during work. we made love to romantic music and candlelight. within weeks he asked me to start leaving things at his place since I'd be staying over often. that blew me away as most me don't generally offer. he even went as far as to purchase underwear for me to leave at his place. we met last May on a certain website. By the end of summer we were discussing moving in together and marriage. He hatred his apartment and his neighabors in addition to that he had about a two hour drive for works. so we planned to make the distance to work closer to equal due us but. mind you where I was only 10 from my job but I was willing to sacrifice for some one I loved and wanted to share my life with. I also an home owner. luckily I could let my daughters move in and they could handle the mortgage.

so we found our ideal place, closer to his work farther from nine and my family and friends. Life was good for about three weeks. He had a female friends ask him to a foot ball game. a friend never mentioned. master of fact he never really mentioned friends except once in vague was that all of his friends are female. that should have been a hint there but, I expressed my, discomfort and he assured me it was platonic and even tools me the young lady was gay and had her call me. I still was not convinced but I can pumice adults. But seems now looking back this is when out relationship took dive. he stopped texting me doing the day, he stopped being as funny and he seemed irritated even when I was trying to do things for him. he didn't have the same interest in sex. I always had to initiate it and if I did more than once a week he became annoyed. like that's all he is dishing out or all that I'm entitled to. this became hurtfull and upsetting and u knew something wasn't right . I tried to over compensate buy trying to get him to talk or buying him thoughtful gifts, cooking foods he liked being extra sexy and flaunting it boldly in his face. this all just seemed to irritate him more and upset me more I knew I was losing him. Valentine's week he went to spend the week with his mother and brother. did not ask me to come along. he said he needed to think about us and our relationship. once he came back he's decided that he wanted to move out. how devastating to me losing a person that I though I was starting life anew with. now financially strained in more expensive apartment I thought I'd be sharing a life and eexpenses with.

but now that he's gone the truth reveled. he always had to watch every thing I did over my shoulder like cooking or cleaning or correcting my grammar. he criticized my kids for not being best and clean. I tried to explain kids are kids and they don't think like adults and they dint take the initiative. I always felt he was envious of me having a better care than him I made more money and I have nice things than her does. in the beginning he complemented me on superficial things like looks but that quickly came to an end. he was always so brutally demeaning the way he talked down about every one. especially his coworkers. everyone was so stupid and incompetent yet he was the one that kept being looked over for promotions. I just it really did it in for me and him when I landed a dream nursing job with the government.

that's my story and it's painful to deal with the lack of closure I'll get but, the wealth of info I have on this disorder I'm fearful for know ing I'm not alone and I have answers

Apr 16 - 5PM
Allesandra
Allesandra's picture

Narcs hurt

Apr 17 - 7AM (Reply to #4)
puttinghimbehindme
puttinghimbehindme's picture

that's the sad truth

Apr 15 - 4PM
TruthbeginsToday
TruthbeginsToday's picture

Love your name! WAY behind you