Bobbie's Story

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 17 - 8AM
Bobbie
Bobbie's picture

Bobbie's Story

After 21 wonderful years, it's over.......

This was my second marriage and it was too good to be true for 21 years. We started with nothing and built our careers and lives to become very successful. We had so much fun. We were almost always together, always having fun and adventures. Due to health reasons I had to retire early from my job which was sad but okay at the time. He would be there for my lifetime. BAM!! He came home one day and told me he wasn't happy, hadn't been for years, wanted a divorce. My world collapsed. I think I heard my heart shatter. I still believe everyone deserves to be happy and let him go. He said he would always be there for me still. I did not want to lose him so I gave him most everything. 2 years later....He is on girlfriend #3,4???, has 4 vehicles(including a BMW), Harley, 2 residences, flys wherever he wants...you get the picture. I have a very small income of which I am in fear of anything breaking down because I don't know how the hell I will find the funds to fix anything. He does not help me or the kids with anything. I continued to have a sexual relationship with him. It made me feel he cared about me and put me on a high for a few days but I would always crash hard after that. I would send a small text or pictures of grandkids just to feel in touch with him still. His responses would give me my "fix" to go on another few days. About 3 months ago when I said no more. I told him I couldn't have him coming by anymore because it was too painful for me. We have children/grandchildren and are very close. The kids can barely stand him now. It's all about him. Now that I have read this book emotions are going crazy. I see him totally as a EXNH. Makes me sick. Makes me very sad. How will I ever get through this. I still love him but sometimes hate him. It hurts that someone else is living my dream life. I have no close friends because I built my life around him, just like the book describes. He is "Spot On" the man described in the book. Who knew???????????? Does anyone understand any of this?

Jul 27 - 1PM
Bobbie
Bobbie's picture

21 years? Wow!

May 26 - 3AM
Marjam
Marjam's picture

To 21 wonderful years

May 17 - 10AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

We understand this all too