Goodbye to my husband......

1 post / 0 new
#1 Apr 29 - 3PM
janemarie
janemarie's picture

Goodbye to my husband......

Dear C,

You came into my life over 20 years ago. We built a life together with 3 boys. You never supported me, always put down every thought or idea I had, made me second guess everything I did and treated me as a child. Why did you do this? After all the love and affection I showered you with, how could you do this to me???? Ill never understand!!

We divorced. Afterwards, I would have moments of guilt and remorse for wanting the divorce and going through with it. However after Jan. of this year, all of my doubts have been pushed away and my reasons for leaving you have been validated. You are NOT CAPABLE of being that "easy going" positive person that you claim to be. And in all honesty...this realization breaks my heart!

I told you at one point in our marriage that I want to be able to stand in a room full of people and turn to you and say "You are the best man in the room!" I was NEVER able to say that then and I cant say it now. I wanted you to have changed for the better. I wanted to believe you when you told me you had changed and I would be so proud of you. But you didnt C....you didnt and you wont!!! This makes me both sad yet happy that my reason for divorcing you has been validated.

What you did, how you behaved and all you said while and after my mother's death is just sickening and unforgivable...I will NEVER EVER forgive you!!!!! This just shows how heartless and cruel you really are!!!!!!

Im so hurt that I gave you my heart and soul and gave you my ALL when all along you were TOXIC to me!!!!!!

I hope we can remain on a friendly level as we coparent our boys, but please realize that we will NEVER be nothing more than COPARENTS!!!!! You are not capable of anything more with me. I hope that one day you can move on, and be happy with someone else and just leave me alone.

One day I hope you will see me again as I truely am which is a warm hearted, giving, caring, and honest person. Im not this evil woman who ruined your life. YOU did this to yourself!!! I was always open and honest with you about my feelings about our marriage for a long time, YOU chose to ignore them!!!!! I am NOT evil!!! I just grew up and realized that I deserved better.

Life is too short. I will no longer settle on things in my life. I want what is best for me and my children....and YOU sweetheart....are NOT one of them.

So goodbye to the toxic relationship we once had...and lets try to embrace the new one as co parents!!!! I hope, for the kids sake, that you can do this!!

Sincerely
Janemarie