The Narcissist and His Mother

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 18 - 5AM
TheOldTaboo
TheOldTaboo's picture

The Narcissist and His Mother

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed. I wasn't able to find a thread like it in the forum.

I'm just starting to recognize the signs of a narc, and I'm wondering how they evolve into the oh-so-lovely creatures they become, and if their moms play a large role in what they turn into.

My soon to be ex appeared to love and respect his mom when we first met, but when she came to visit from out of state with his brother, the week I spent with them was a bizarre. We'd go out to dinner together and have drinks, and the conversation was totally strained. They didn't talk to each other at all. I felt like I had to keep the conversation flowing. I knew he grew up in a pretty strict Catholic household, and was raised by a single mom, so I thought she was reserved because of her faith.

My mom always told me that you should pay close attention to the way a man treats his mom, because he'll treat you the same. He was always so respectful of her, but the silence and tension was unnerving once I was in the room with them.

Does anyone have any thoughts on narcs and their moms? I'd like to hear your opinion!

Apr 18 - 5PM
Trainwreck56
Trainwreck56's picture

X-psycho held his mother in total contempt!

Apr 18 - 9AM
Harper03
Harper03's picture

I posted another

Apr 18 - 12PM
onwithmylife
onwithmylife's picture

the old taboo

Apr 18 - 8AM
Harper03
Harper03's picture

My exN's mom is a passive