I thought

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 27 - 2PM
DLP75
DLP75's picture

I thought

I thought I was getting over her. It's been 3 months yesterday since the break up, and I thought I was doing good until I started decorating my Christmas tree today and found some of "our" ornaments. I miss her so much sometime I want to call her, but number one, I know she's bound to be with someone else, and two, there's no way I'd get back with her anyway. So why do I still obsess over her????? Is it just the fact of not being with someone after ten years? Is it because I love her so much? Or is it just that I became so codependent on her I'm having a hard time detaching? If anyone can relate to these thoughts and feelings I sure would appreciate any comments.

Feb 24 - 8AM
oceangirl
oceangirl's picture

I hoped you got through the

I hoped you got through the holidays ok. On your comment of telling her family, don't bother. It doesn't really matter. I can't justify to the N's brothers - except one, they are all weak-minded with PDs of their own and have already been assimilated to the Borg. I don't really want any of that family in my life anyway - if I ever meet a new family, perhaps I will have a real relationship with them, instead of the false one he created. You don't need to justify to anyone, only yourself. Here's to a good Springtime!
Nov 28 - 10AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

You are trying to trade 3

You are trying to trade 3 months for ten years.. Toss the holidays into the mix and there you have it a broken heart :( You get it.. You do .. You just have to let the heart catch up to the head!! I myself have been Struggeling with the Holiday's .. Why don't these creature leave us the Hell alone? Hunter
Nov 28 - 5PM (Reply to #5)
DLP75
DLP75's picture

Thanks Hunter!

Thanks Hunter, your response means a lot! In researching N, I can relate SO many traits to her, that I am convinced she is a malignant N. I want so much to say something to her family out of state what I know, but I know they would side with their daughter and think I was crazy and it is just sour grapes on my part.I spent some part of my Thanksgiving with some friends of mine that also know her, and it really helps when friends that were afraid to hurt your feelings during the "relationship"(?),are not afraid to tell you afterward how many of the same traits they saw through the years. Thanks again for your comments, as they always help.
Nov 27 - 2PM
Used
Used's picture

DLP75

Firstly I believe the holiday season brings up lots of memories and triggers....Tho my exnh was a real pain christmas....I still think of him then, I saw some xmas paper today and thought of him.....I don't think its so the co-dependant thing, as just the sadness of it all.... 10years is a long time to be with someone, and the memories will still be fresh, I dont even think Its cos we still LOVE THEM........WE LOVED WHAT WE HAD AND THATS WHAT WE MISS.....THIS WILL PASS...DUNNO WHEN THO?, JUST KNOW IT WILL...LOL
Nov 27 - 3PM (Reply to #3)
DLP75
DLP75's picture

Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement! :)
Nov 27 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
DLP75
DLP75's picture

Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement! :)