What Were the Hallmarks of Your Narc?

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 16 - 8PM (Reply to #14)
emtg
emtg's picture

withholding sex

This was absolutely the worst punishment for me. If we weren't fighting and there was nothing tangible to blame it on, he "was really tired" was "feeling sick" was "working too much." If the fight could be blamed he would withhold it cruelly. He would tell me he didn't feel close to me and having sex would be "faking it." He did it very very meanly. Either by total ignoring of any affection gestures or actually pushing me off of him and saying "Princess wants to fuck I see" or "Go fucking masturbate."
Oct 16 - 10PM (Reply to #15)
Syren66 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

He would tell me he didn't

He would tell me he didn't feel close to me and having sex would be "faking it." He and my ex must have read the same edition of Esquire.
Oct 16 - 10PM (Reply to #16)
Journey
Journey's picture

I heard that one too...

I heard that one too...

Journey on...

Oct 14 - 12AM
ValiditySeeker
ValiditySeeker's picture

This is going to be painful, but I'll give it a shot

1. Never, ever, ever said sorry no matter what inexcusable action he'd done. He refused to accept that it was wrong. I had PMS; it was my fault, not him. 2. Highly critical of my every flaw. I didn't polish my nails enough for him, my make-up was smudged, I ate too much (he was fat; I was normal sized). He even criticized the color of my eyeliner one time. Wtf? Do normal men even pay attention to this type of thing? 3. Refused to ever give me compliments. If others complimented me, he got angry 4. Gaslight, gaslight, gaslight. He stole my things, he threw my contact lenses away :( he swore I had done or said things that has never happened. 5. Sneaky little fucker 6. He would cycle for a few days with a normal mood, then pick a fight every few days by waiting for me to do or say something "wrong.". Usually it was something stupid that a normal man would never get upset about. 7. Projection King! He claimed I was untrustworthy when I had never dine a single thing to give him that impression. He was a cheater, not me. 8. OCD about cleaning. Implied that I was dirty by repeating asking if I had showered that day. Or cleaned my hands after the bathroom, etc. 9. Never on time to meet me. Fuck me if I had the audacity to complain. 10. When we were together, it was "his time." So at the mall or grocery, he would shop for things he wanted. If I stepped away to look at something for myself, he would get angry and tell me I needed to come back later on my own and go that on my "own time." 11. Refused to wear condoms because he "couldn't feel anything.". This was of course, my fault for not having been a virgin ( how dare I not save myself for him!) but he has a teeny dick. 12. Intentionally frustrated me sexually by trying to bring me to the edge of orgasm and then quickly stopping, ensuring that I was never satisfied. 13. I could do nothing correctly. He critiqued the way I washed my laundry, packed a suitcase, blew my nose. Really, he critiqued me nose-blowing method, saying I wasn't blowing hard enough.
Oct 28 - 2AM (Reply to #10)
Gaia
Gaia's picture

Now i get it!

12. Intentionally frustrated me sexually by trying to bring me to the edge of orgasm and then quickly stopping, ensuring that I was never satisfied. OMG, I was wondering if that was just me, I swore he did this religiously. *looking for a burlap sack* HAHAHHAHH!!! KIDDING!
Oct 14 - 2AM (Reply to #9)
Syren66 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

"7. Projection King! He

"7. Projection King! He claimed I was untrustworthy when I had never dine a single thing to give him that impression. He was a cheater, not me." - Yes, it's the burglar who always has the best security system for their home, isn't it?
Oct 13 - 5PM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Here are mine..

The ex-Psych prof: 1)Couldn't stand being thanked 2)Claimed to be oh so sensitive about HIS feelings, but would ream me in regard to mine 3)Couldn't stand being ridiculed-yet he mocked me when my grandfather died. He mocked me, but I was NOT allowed to mock him. However, that rule was changed. BY ME. FOR ME. 4)Kicked me when I was down-ridicule when my grandfather died, flaunted his girlfriend when my pastor friend died. 5)Couldn't stand it if I praised his accomplishments, couldn't stand being wished a happy birthday 6)Constant pity party-thank God I learned how to crash and totally ruin those. His colleagues didn't acknowledge his greatness, he had stupid students, etc. 7)Downplayed my accomplishments 8)Couldn't stand seeing me happy. He'd accuse me of being an unhappy person. I wasn't allowed to end a phone call with "have a happy day" or "have a nice evening." I was commanded to end it with a bland, emotionless "bye" or "goodbye." 9)Boring 10)Incapable of original ideas. Always quoting someone else. NC inflicted narcissistic injury (of course it does) But I learned so did my being happy or mocking him to his face. Once I learned how to inflict those, it was like a mountain lion when it sees a lone coyote, far from its protective pack. Yum. Lunchtime.
Oct 16 - 1PM (Reply to #7)
emtg
emtg's picture

It's been awhile but....

1) always accusing me of cheating or ulterior motives or purposes with absolutely no basis 2) ruined holidays or picked fights at any thing where I had personal achievement 3) never apologized and when he did, there was something that always felt uneasy about it, like he didn't really mean it 4) Punished me with no sex or any affection and acted like my touch was an irritating bug 5) Lied about stupid things and got angry when I caught him 6) Shunned his close family 7) ignored and neglected the dog when he was mad at me
Oct 14 - 10PM (Reply to #6)
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Humorless

This was by far the ex-Psych prof's most glaring trait. He was ABSOLUTELY humorless. He was afraid of people ridiculing him behind his back, afraid of being laughed at. He'd taunt me cruelly... yet I wasn't allowed to mock him. What he considered "funny" was quite sadistic. However, giving him narcissistic injuries ended up being quite funny. Once I realized that being mocked was HIS vulnerability... I honed into it... like a shark with raw meat.
Oct 13 - 12PM
Tigerlily
Tigerlily's picture

Ha!

1. Extremely niggardly with gifts, praise, time or anything else 2. Passive aggressive 3. Regarded anything not slavishly worshipping or attentive as an attack, an insult or a humiliation. 4. Chronically sensitive with regard to his own "feelings" and a Juggernaut with regard to anyone else`s. 5. Blaming - everything he did wrong was always someone else`s fault. 6. Kicking me when I was down (criticism or walking out). 7. FURIOUS when I received attention, praise or any kind of success. 8. Always and immediately aggressive when anything was needed or required of him. 9. Could switch on the charm instantaneously for any new supply. 10. Withholding. 11. Gaslighting. 12. Deliberately making weird, unsettling remarks where I was feeling happy. 13. Shunning. 14. Shaming. 15. Creating personal space with noise (usually his own yelling, sometimes with music). 16. Denigrating others (everyone except himself, me in particular). God what an asswipe.
Oct 13 - 11AM
Kitty02 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Narc #1: Violent(beat the

Narc #1: Violent(beat the crap out of me) jealous, liar, selfish, extremely controlling, in fact everything on the recognize your with a psycho list. Narc #2: Selfish, compulsive liar, jealous, passive aggressive, two faced, cowardly, almost everything on the narc list apart from he never hit me.
Oct 13 - 12PM (Reply to #3)
spinning
spinning's picture

Kitty, you made me laugh

out loud at my desk! Love the "In fact, everything on the Recognize Your With A Psycho List!!!!" Hilarious!!! To bad I found the list a little late...oh well, I know it by heart now! Thanks for the laugh! Sincerely, (not) spinning. CAUSE I'M NOT WITH A PSYCHO ANY MORE!!!!

spinning

Oct 13 - 11AM
Froglegs
Froglegs's picture

Accomplishments of others

Accomplishments of others were put down behind their backs (he'd vent to me). He'd squash my accomplishments in person. Not letting anyone pay for their meals if we went to dinner in groups, but would appear irritated if anyone thanked him. Terrible pity parties about how life sucks, his life sucks, people suck, blah blah blah. He'd be so sweet and smiley to everybody and as soon as they were out of sight, he'd talk smack about them. Odd eating habits. He'd get stuck on something for a month or so and have to have it every single day, then would switch to something else for a month or so, then complain if the prior was not in the house. Could not do anything without the tv on. There are so many. This would take all day. LOL