"I Want a Strong Woman"

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 4 - 10PM (Reply to #3)
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Behind every weak man...

Is a strong woman? I know, it's confusing. Your N sounds totally heartless. What a weakling-cruelly taunting you when YOU were the one injured&in pain! Boy, if he were the one in the hospital bed, I'd be laughing at him, and kicking back with a cocktail! What a coward. I'd laugh in his face if he were the one hurt (i'd disguise it as "laughter yoga" that is common in hospitals nowadays) The former Narc coworker would threaten me and say if I called him fat&stupid (he was proud of being morbidly obese, proud of his "Buddha belly"), his WIFE would beat me up. I did feel intimidated. His wife isn't the delicate feminine type. But what a weird way of self-defense. He basically said "if you mock me, my wife will beat you to a pulp." The ex-Psych prof idolized Leo Tolstoy. When the Czar tried to censor "Kreutzer Sonata" (that publicly humiliated Sofia, she was called Leo's victim on account of it, Theodore Roosevelt deemed it immoral)... it was SOFIA who defended the novel before the Czar, NOT Leo. You'd think an author would defend his own work. When Gustave Flaubert's "Madame Bovary" was censored, Flaubert stood up for it in court. He defended his work. But with Leo Tolstoy? He didn't defend it. His wife did it for him. She was the one who got emotional before the Czar&the Empress;Leo didn't lift a finger. When the Russian Orthodox Church excommunicated Leo, it was SOFIA who defended him before the Metropolitan of Moscow. Leo didn't defend himself;his response was ironic. Some men MAN UP and defend themselves. Others are so weak they want the women in their lives to fight their battles... because they're too cowardly.
Oct 4 - 10PM (Reply to #4)
tresor2
tresor2's picture

Vaknin Thinks a Narcissistic Couple Can Work

http://samvak.tripod.com/faq60.html He seems to think it could work out, if they're two different types of N's.
Oct 5 - 6PM (Reply to #5)
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Ns together

I'd go more with experience than even Sam Vaknin on this one. Salvador Dali and his wife Gala (who was a decade older than him) both pursued younger partners sexually. Juan and Eva Peron;Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos; Napoleon and Josephine... perhaps Leo and Sofia Tolstoy. There are lots of INfamous Narc couples. My maternal grandparents... BOTH Narcs. As my mother puts it, "Narcissists find each other." Her theory extends to the President and First Lady. One of my friends during the final D&D theorized that the ex-Psych prof's girlfriend (now wife) is a Narc. Since I never dealt with his girlfriend on a constant firsthand basis... that one I'll never know, nor care to know. The ex-P would constantly accuse me of being a Narc... now I think he WANTED a Narc partner, someone who would be that compatible. Two Narcs would be better to understand each other (albeit in a perverse way) than a Narc and a normal. I see it as a form of quarantine. Like a leper colony.