I'm sorry, but I just have to ask this...

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sep 25 - 2PM
Unfreakinreal
Unfreakinreal's picture

Every. Freakin. Day.

And it turned me into a crazy sounding lunatic. I would send ridiculous amounts of nasty text messages and would get this response: "I just love how our conversations always end. Goodbye." Your post just knocked me on my ass because I knew when he was doing it exactly what he was doing and I could do absolutely nothing to control my transformation into a complete and total raving, screaming, crying, pathetic lunatic. I hear you, honey. :)
Sep 25 - 2PM (Reply to #21)
Sunafterrain
Sunafterrain's picture

Unfreakin

OMG, it's as if you read the my "script" that the ex gave me. It is so so so so sick......I'm so glad you get it, because that was ME exactly in the relationship. I DO NOT react that way anywhere else in my life now. I'm calm without him and can THINK straight. It was exhausting to be so full of rage and anger all the time! I feel I took on HIS traits while he tried to STEAL mine. Bastard!
Sep 25 - 2PM (Reply to #22)
Unfreakinreal
Unfreakinreal's picture

Creepola alright...

Honest to God, I started to seriously doubt my own sanity. I would be screaming crazy things and he would be soooooooo fucking calm. And it all started because I simply asked him to clarify something he had said. Or questioned him on something. Or chose to take a different viewpoint than him. Or, or, or... Beyond sick. Yes, I get it and now so do you and that makes me ecstatic! Now that we got it, we can get rid of it and start moving forward. Shall we?
Sep 25 - 5PM (Reply to #23)
Sunafterrain
Sunafterrain's picture

Unfreakin

I swear to God you, Monique....well forget it, ALL who posted on this were married to and/or dating the same JERK! Yours was the calm one too, eh? They LOVE that shit! Makes them appear so self righteous! Unfreakin, I'm most grateful for your post, it really helped me. It's scary, isn't it? Our disordered one's used the SAME tactics and words. WOW! I'm so excited about this revelation! It makes so much sense!
Sep 25 - 6PM (Reply to #24)
Unfreakinreal
Unfreakinreal's picture

I felt exactly the same way

I felt exactly the same way when I realized it. Excited! I am sooooo happy it helped you - my thoughts were so jumbled when it was coming to me that I am surprised anybody could understand it. Rock on, my enlightened friend ! Big hugs to you.
Sep 25 - 2PM
faithinthefuture
faithinthefuture's picture

Sun

If you don't mind I'm going to use your term "relationshit" I fricking love it! Made me laugh til I almost peed! And to answer your question yes it did. He would be so cool and calm and make these little digs. Not enough for me to get really pissed but it would leave me thinking are you f'n serious? My gut told me he meant what he said but if I said anything he'd get all sweet guy & "oh babe I didn't mean it that way at all. I would never think that of you" Total projection! I love that I now know what the hell it's called! He totally got away with the mindfucking because I ignored my instincts. Never again! I soo call anyone & everyone on their shit now! I tell them to play their games with someone else. I'm done with it. I do hope with the knowledge we are gaining and passing on that someday narcs will become extinct. Like dinosauers!
Sep 25 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Projection!!! Same idiot

Projection!!! Same idiot different body!! " Scrambled Eggs" Hunter
Sep 25 - 1PM
prettypeeved
prettypeeved's picture

Actually he didn't generally

Actually he didn't generally try to turn it around like that, maybe because I was firm right from the start (in light of already being in a relationship) that I did not want to muck him about or hurt him. Instead with him, it's the denial. It's not that I did it instead of him, just that he DIDN'T do it. If that fails the emotional twisting kicked in, which basically boils down to him taking the approach that his emotions were more important than mine, so mine could be discounted.
Sep 25 - 1PM
tresor2
tresor2's picture

Meltdowns & Provacations

Oh yes, this happened but, he did it in a different manner. Mine was a slick lawyer and he had total control over his emotions through his training, personality disorder and profession (actually, he was devoid of any feelings except for anger). He figured out my vulnerabilities and continued to pour salt in the wounds. Whenever he wanted space or drama, he'd push those buttons...a total sadistic SOB. He loved the power he had over me. The way he dealt with my anger and hurt feelings is by telling me that he will not tolerate metdowns. In other words, he projected everything back on me by inferring that my emotions made me "faulty" and never once addressed the issues. The consequence for my meltdowns was the silent treatment. He would disappear and not contact me for days, weeks or months. To me, the cruelist of all was the silent treatment. He refused to communicate and take ownership for anything. It was always his way or no way. I was expected to take what he dished out and to be happy that such an important human being would pay attention to me.
Sep 26 - 11PM (Reply to #16)
emtg
emtg's picture

Cruel crazy and punish

Yup. There is the cycle. I would dare criticize him in his selfish childish ways, or even asking him to not smoke that 21st cigarette and provoke him into cruelty. I would respond with text message after text message or disbelief and anger and he would respond with silent treatment and sexual withdrawal. I felt fucking crazy. It makes you feel crazy and unnerved to have someone distort reality that way. It also makes you feel crazy to have thoughts of wanting to hit him over the head with a frying pan. God they are sick.
Sep 26 - 11AM (Reply to #15)
Lisa87
Lisa87's picture

Mine too, always calm, cool and collected, sick SOB

If I got upset or mad he would always put the blame on me and say I was acting childish or he would talk to me if I apologized to him for my behavior! Well he always continued to text me even if he was giving silent treatment, I gave it back to him twofold and he didn't like it. I think this was after I figured him out, I would just text to him "bite me" cause he liked to use that phrase, or I would add "bite me grandpa" cause he was a young grandfather and I knew that would put him in his place. I think being married to an abusive Narc gave me the strength to not put up with his shit or find a center of weakness and use it against them like they would do to us. He was a calm, sadistic, liar, would never make a scene but behind the scenes would make a comment here or there that proved his sickness. If I called him out on anything, his excuse was "I never said that". It was always a losing battle on my part. He never did anything wrong.
Sep 25 - 2PM (Reply to #14)
Tigerlily
Tigerlily's picture

Yes

Mine was like that, too. He had a Dr. Title and was always Mr. Rational, Mr. Cool and Collected, Mr. Above It All. I was the crazy one for getting upset. His digs were always at such a subtle level that it was almost impossible to clarify what was making me feel permanently off-balance. He could torture me in company without anyone else realizing what was going on, and act the innocent victim of a crazy woman each time I flipped. And I always did flip sooner or later, because he just wouldn`t stop until I did. He just wouldn`t stop, no matter how low and desperate and finally ill I became - multikill was his game. Fire 100 bullets where one would have been enough, more than enough for someone as sensitive as I am. I am so glad I have found this forum, and so glad I understand what a monster he is.
Sep 25 - 1PM
peteyrulz
peteyrulz's picture

yes Sunafterrain...and he would turn the tables

after he would says "why are you upset". and say that I was being unreasonable. Then it would be that I "needed help", or that I'm "crazy", "too emotional". TOTAL projection and manipulation on his part. Scary part is, my dad used to do this to my mom. Yikes! Where's Sigmun Freud when we need him??!!!!
Sep 25 - 2PM (Reply to #12)
StudentOfLife
StudentOfLife's picture

This is EXACTLY what mine

This is EXACTLY what mine would do. Toward the end of the "relationshit"... I realized that he loved to get a reaction out of me so even when i was hurt I had decided to control my reactions, so as not to give him the satisfaction. Then lo and behold, even when i completely pretended he had not hurt me and i tried to appear completely unaffected....he would ask... what's wrong? is something wrong??.... and of course if i would tell him, BINGO!! He would turn it around and say i was the one who was somehow in the wrong... being unreasonable, i misunderstood poor poor him, why did i always make him feel like he could just not say or do anyhing right?? Yup, they really know how to turn it all around. So glad to be out!!
Sep 25 - 1PM
needing2know
needing2know's picture

I always heard "your right"

I always heard "your right" "oh it's all me" "I don't want or need this shit" (heard this on every D&D) "I don't make you happy" but then he would say "you could have made me happy" "I'm tired of walking on eggshells" "if you loved me you wouldn't treat me this way" I did everything for this man and he appreciate NOTHING , NOTHING was ever GOOD enough.And every stinking time he gave me the ST or D&D'd me I WENT AFTER HIS SORRY ASS! NO MORE!
Sep 25 - 1PM (Reply to #6)
Sunafterrain
Sunafterrain's picture

Needing

Some of those SAME EXACT sentences were uttered to me too. "tired of walking eggshells" I wanted to SLAP him when he said that stuff to me!
Sep 26 - 11PM (Reply to #10)
emtg
emtg's picture

eggshells

I just googled that in my emails with him and he told me he felt like he was walking on eggshells over 30 times in one year.
Sep 25 - 4PM (Reply to #9)
needing2know
needing2know's picture

sunafterrain

i wanted to slap the stupid off of him, when he D&D'd me I told him I could move on, he told me he wouldn't stand in my way, so he won't be back, I know him well enough to know that when he is DONE with someone he is done.
Sep 25 - 2PM (Reply to #7)
StudentOfLife
StudentOfLife's picture

me too....

I think the crap that comes out of their mouths this way, "walking on eggshells".... sounds SO MUCH like some shit they read somewhere!!!!
Sep 25 - 3PM (Reply to #8)
Caligirl
Caligirl's picture

They mimic words they read and hear all the time!

I felt this way when mine said I was "raging." No one has ever said this of me! I am slow to anger and probably not in a good way, bc I fail to get angry perhaps when I should. I have been to a massage therapist and a chiropractor who while putting their hands on me have said that they can sense I am a calm and laid back person.
Sep 25 - 1PM
empath
empath's picture

projection

They project their inner selves into/onto us...
Sep 25 - 1PM
empath
empath's picture

yes, that's what they do

It,s part of a game to keep us trauma bonded to them. Look up the Art of Seduction by Robert Greene...sick, isn't it?
Sep 25 - 1PM (Reply to #2)
Sunafterrain
Sunafterrain's picture

Empath

Have you read the 48 laws of power? The "list" is frightening.
Sep 26 - 11PM (Reply to #3)
silly
silly's picture

everytime we had an argument

everytime we had an argument mine would say "that's it - it's over" - or i'm taking you off this, or i'm taking this off you... and stupid me would say "oh - please - no"... he would tell me how i was too empathetic, and that i put my family before him... how dare i love my family more than him..