Brinamarie's Story

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 10 - 1PM
brinamarie
brinamarie's picture

Brinamarie's Story

Just writing this for the therapeutic effect of sharing with others, although everyone's stories I have read is like reading my own, except probably better written ;) here goes:

I am 25 and 2 months out of a 5 year relationship w/ a (i believe) somatic Narc.

He is 26, very attractive, and ADOPTED. His adoptive mother dotes on him, all the while telling him what a pain in the ass he is. Always struck me as a weird relationship. She is obsessed w/ him but complains about him & his ungratefulness all the time, but bottom line is: he was the gift she couldn't create herself & he was the king of that household. Looking back, she made 2 statements to me when we first started dating that now make so much sense. She said, in front of him, "you'll never be satisfied with him, he is too selfish" and "if he loves ya, he'll NEVER leave ya." hmmm...Contradicting yet SO pathetically true bc your beloved son is a sociopath!

Anyway, we met when i was in nursing school & he was in his senior year of college. It was fun, exciting & the sex was amazing!!!! (i know i need to stop focusing on that). He was all about me, blah blah blah, like they all are. After a year of "taking things slow, getting to know each other" we made our relationship official and downhill it went. We all have the same stories so Im going to outline some things that stick out for me:

-He was BEYOND cheap. Buying me an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts was a burden for him. Yet he bought himself, a new car, a house, a new xbox & new clothes (esp. when he was talking to a new girl.. had to look good!!)

-Weekends were for "my friends" and "you go be with your friends".. and MAYBE we'll meet up if we're both out.

-His phone holds CIA secrets and I must NEVER touch it or go near it. And if i do, i will find texts from multiple other girls, picture messages from other girls, and outgoing calls to other girls. I learned the sneakiest ways to get to that phone whenever possible. Sometimes i'd feel better after, others I would hate myself.

-He talks to his adoptive mother as if her only purpose on this earth is to serve him and give him money. And he talked to me the same way.

-When he was sick, I must dote on him and rub his back.. for the whole 24 hours he is vulnerable. WHen i am sick, I am an inconvenice and too contagious to be near, LET ALONE held.

-He has no conversation skills. Him talking consisted of him making fun of his friends, making sarcastic comments, or quoting comedy movies.

-He couldn't hide his depression. OUr saturdays & sundays would consist of laying around in his bed, eating, having sex.. Then i was to go home so he could go out with his friends. Nothing ever productive like running errands & enjoying each others company.

-The sex that started off amazing, eventually turned into me be treated as a whore whose job is to service him. My pleasure was no longer accounted for. Then we went weeks without having sex at all. TO which he told me on numerous occasions any of these given lines: "I dont want to have sex w/ you. I am not attracted to you. You and your size A boobs. I'm bored."
He stopped initiating sex intimately as we lay in bed. But rather, would touch me at 2am on a week night when I slept over, let himself inside and have sex w/ me. I used to think "oh wow, he woke up out of a dead sleep because he just wanted me so bad!" (sooo stupid) and eventually I realized i was not only being used, but also raped. He would laugh that off and say "no you raped me!"

One time when I was going down on him, I had to stop because he pushed my head down so hard and I gagged and he said "Why are you stopped?! DO you want me to cum or not!" I said, umm actually I don't really care if you do, don't treat me like that and left. Wow good for me putting my foot down... Only to just be replaced by some other whores.

I've become an angry, miserable, depressed person. My friends & family are sick of hearing about him & our on again off again drama. I've seen 2 therapists in 2 years, they are both great.. but I wish I could find someone who's dealt with a Narc so they would truly understand. I've really hit rock bottom. It got so bad I've been suicidal.. I like knowing that I have a way out if I ever really need it. He cheated on me with SO many girls, and made me look so stupid to them and his friends who knew. I am ashamed, insecure and bitter. And i am 25. The sad part is, my MOTHER is a complete Narcissist as well... Which is probably why I was not weirded out at first by his behavior. I imagine any normal person would have ran for the hills, but not me! Treat me like shit, that's what I'm used to, so I will stay. We are not NC.. yet. We communicate by phone or text. FOr the past 2 months, as he's been trying to "get me back" i've been telling him how disgusting his behavior is to me, and how he is a narcissist (but in a much more angry vulgar way). I know I should be mature, but honestly it feels good. He just takes it and asks to see me. As if me being a complete bitch is a turn on for him. I told him he holds no leverage over me anymore and I wish he would just find his next victim.

And honestly, I mean it. I've been reading people's posts about missing the narc, but I am at the point where I say go make someone else's life HELL!!! That to me IS closure. When a guy moves on and doesn't give you a choice anymore, you have to move on. It's the limbo, of him talking to other girls when we break up then coming back to me that I can't take. It's made me DESPISE him.

I worry about myself & my future. WIll i EVER be happy with someone else? I've become superficial like him, but also not as attractive myself bc of the physical toll this emotional abuse has taken on me. I dont know who i am anymore. Will I ever trust a guy again?? I want marriage & babies, but I am now so bitter. IF a guy gives me a compliment i think "yeah okay buddy, im sure you say that to every girl". I've developed social anxiety & have trouble making eye contact with guys now. I am SO insecure & down on myself..

I hope to god it DOES get better. Because honestly, success is the best revenge. ANd if I end up happy, I know damn well he won't EVER be.

Sep 12 - 9AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

What can I say, Welcome to

What can I say, Welcome to Narcville! Hunter
Sep 10 - 2PM
lillymarch
lillymarch's picture

What a complete idiot.

He's a selfish jerk. Good riddance. I'm the same way with men. A guy walked up to me in a parking lot and just had to tell me he thought I was a beautiful woman. I said thank you but I immediately have fears and concerns. I met a friends ex-husband and immediate thought him to be a Narc. It's the way he held himself, he liked himself too much. I wanted nothing to do with him. Then another friend told me he was the nicest guy and that I was wrong about him. I have no trust for men and people in general. I think you need to go NC. It's the best revenge and the greatest gift you can give yourself. When you think of him, quickly think of yourself and what you need and want in your life. Focus on you, your greatest friend and the love of your life: you.
Sep 10 - 3PM (Reply to #4)
brinamarie
brinamarie's picture

yess!! i feel like i'm

yess!! i feel like i'm constantly applying labels to men/people now... Everyone's a narc! I'm also what Lisa Scott described as an "Empath" -- extra sensitive and very emotional. I feel things fully and always have since I was a kid. I'm sure a lot of us are that way, that's why we fall trap. I'm also a nurse, I have a nurturing/maternal/empathetic personality. But now I try and overcompensate for that with new people I meet - so many of which have told me it comes off as being "cold" :/ I don't want to be jaded for the rest of my life.
Sep 10 - 1PM
brinamarie
brinamarie's picture

thanks ds

i appreciate your comment & taking time to read my story. i want to be strong enough to not let this relationship define my entire life. Narcs live their life expecting to be abandoned by their partners... it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. And they leave you with no other choice but to leave. Or you can stay, and throw your dignity and self esteem to the waste side. I just want so much for myself, children & a happy home. I see a lot of healthy relationships. I just HOPE that I can heal enough to let my guard down with someone else. I could care less what happens to him... he was an emotionless robot, and now he'll have to work very hard to seduce/fool the next girl. And I already pity her.
Sep 10 - 1PM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

You make a lot of sense, dont

You make a lot of sense, dont ever let anyone tell you otherwise. You figured it out, and moved on. It is a time for reflection and growth. Let the next victim learn or burn... we all have free will...it just gets blurred and distorted and finally lost when we stay in the chaos and sickness of the narcs lonely ride. ds