grace67's Story

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 4 - 7PM
grace67
grace67's picture

grace67's Story

Hi friends! I thought I'd move this to the proper forum...

And an update.. still doing better, feeling more and more like "Me". So much of the progress I've made is a direct result of finding this site, and reading reading reading! Through links that others have posted I've also found some other great information. For me, learning about actual scientific studies, and reading posts by therapists, psyschologists..etc. has had a HUGE impact on my understanding and healing. I encourage Everyone here to take advantage of all the help that's out there! And, when you come across one of those sites that wants to "victimize the victim" (although I prefer to think of us as Survivors!!) just move on to the next site. I realize that we have to take responsibility for our part in the fiasco that was our "relationship" with the N, None of us went into it believing that they were anything except the sincere "soul-mate" that they portrayed themselves to be!

I wish love, light, healing to everyone here! <3

grace67's Story
Posted July 30, 2011 - 5:23pm
Hi all.. and thank you! I found this site a few weeks ago and reading your stories has made me feel not so alone.. not so Crazy!

My story..so similar to so many here, I suppose.

I moved across the country to be with him. It was such a fairy tale in the beginning. We only lived together a year. In the course of that year, I went from "The love of his life and the center of his universe" to.. nothing. Ignored, D&D'd. I don't know if he's a narc or not. I do know I'm an empath. Literally take on others emotions. And while we were together, I became depleted, empty, depressed. Not me at All!

Anyway, after a few months honeymoon period, the changes began. ED, realizing that if it wasn't all about him, he wasn't interested, the bursts of rage. Road rage, telling me one time after I'd been asked to lunch by an old friend that was in the neighborhood that he'd "rape any bitch with a broken wine bottle" if she brought an STD home to him. I was Stunned to say the least... (he was never physically abusive to me)
Then the crap started on the social networking site that we meet on.. he was more interested in getting his ego stroked by his "adoring fan club" as I called them than having a real relationship with Me, the woman there with him!

After his D&D 6 months ago, I had to try to figure out how to get myself back home, across the country again.. I did, and no, didn't go NC. I Craved any communication from him. Kept me on a string with empty words and declarations of love. Then would D&D me again. I truly believe I came as close to a nervous breakdown as one can without ending up in a psych unit. Definite PTSD. I thank God for my family and friends that have helped me.. supported me while I get back on my feet. I'm getting there now. :)

There will be more as I comment on others posts, but that's the story "in a nutshell"

Once again, thank and bless you all for this safe place.. where I can come and read and vent, without hearing "Just get over it and move on!" Easier said than done!

Sep 6 - 7PM
sunkistbird
sunkistbird's picture

Good for you Grace67. One

Good for you Grace67. One day at a time. It gets better gurl. No Contact is the way. It works. Stay strong and reach out to anyone that'll listen to you tell your story ova and ova again. Knowledge is power. When we know better we do better.