juliamarie's Story

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 9 - 12PM
juliamarie
juliamarie's picture

juliamarie's Story

I’m just less than 3 weeks with NC, and I’m still reeling from confusion, pain, anger. I spent the last 2 years of my life on a crazy roller coaster from hell…only to end up discarded like a piece of trash. My N had been in love with me for 22 years…or so he says. He remembers me snubbing him in high school. My guess is that he has taken great pride in taking a confident, successful, attractive girl who snubbed him down to the studs. Sweet revenge for the N.
He found me when I was suffering from a double whammy that life dealt me….a break up of a serious relationship and my friend and business partner stealing my business. I was completely devastated. And guess who popped up…yep…the old N buddy from high school who was a great shoulder to cry on. Before I knew it, he had reeled me in….and I was caught in a 3 way relationship because he wasn’t actually divorced yet. Yep…I was NS back up plan.
At one point when everything was falling apart around him (i.e. – me and his wife were figuring out he was a big liar), he decided he was “depressed” and suicidal and took a trip to a high end mental facility where they actually diagnosed this asshole as a narcissist. I should have looked that up when he told me. When he came out of the facility, he was able to blame his entire divorce on his wife’s inability to work through his infidelity. She was no longer buying his act, and he wanted no part of her. And, I was stupid enough to think he was choosing me. Nope…just figured the wife was over his crap and would never let him live down his crappy behavior.
The next year was actually pretty good. We traveled the world, went to amazing places, had great experiences…it was like a fairy tale. We bought a house together, were in the middle of remodeling it, he gave me an engagement ring, I started planning a wedding…life was good! Except that deep down, I knew it wasn’t . Something didn’t add up. I would try to have normal conversations and would get verbally beaten into submission when he thought I might be insulting him in some way. I started trying to keep my mouth shut…but that’s not really easy for me. I’d have one glass of wine and open Pandora’s box…and oh man…did I ever regret it. No matter what the issue was, I ended up apologizing for something…even when I had every right to question his behavior or actions. I caught him lying one time and no kidding….I ended up apologizing to HIM for not appreciating everything he’s done for me. Seriously? I totally question my sanity because I was not the kind of woman used to putting up with this bullshit. But, I did. I did it because I am about to be 40 and thought I had found my life partner…the man I had waited for all my life. I knew he was a monster, and I chose to ignore it. Maybe it would be better if we were married.
But we never got that far. Over the past 6 months, things went drastically downhill. He started drinking all night and sleeping all day. He demanded that I had anger issues and said I needed to get on medication and seek therapy (which I did, Thank GOD). He randomly would rip the carpet out from under me and tell me that he wasn’t sure he wanted to be married to me….then say he was just upset and I should ignore him when he’s like that. I was totally brainwashed and now living with a moody, mean alcoholic. I tried to have a conversation with him about it…but he wasn’t interested. He didn’t need help…didn’t need to change…didn’t need a therapist. He was comfortable ignoring me and sitting on his computer for 20 hours a day. I finally had it one night when we were sitting at dinner, and he was yet again ignoring me at the table…texting on his phone (setting up next NS). I had the audacity to throw a glass of water in his face and leave him in the restaurant. He says it was the worst thing that has ever happened to him. I think that’s funny…I wish that was the worst thing that’s ever happened to me! In any case….he broke up with me. Then immediately began sending me emails and asking me to come over. I thought we were working things out. Then 3 weeks ago, I wasn’t able to find my phone in his condo. So I asked him to let me use his cell to call mine so I could hear the ringer. He acted really weird….scrambled when I grabbed for his cell phone. Then he says he had changed his cell passcode. I asked him why he changed the code, and he went nuts….blew up at me…said he had broken up with me weeks ago and didn’t know why I was still around. Told me the dog we had purchased together 2 days before was HIS and that he had no intention of sharing his life with me. Huh? I’ve never been more confused until I came to this forum. I realize that he had already made an exit plan…he realized that I wasn’t going to keep my mouth shut and go along with doing everything HE wanted. I wasn’t going to excuse shady behavior. He’s done with me. Hasn’t tried to contact me once. Discarded like the trash.

Aug 10 - 4AM
juliamarie
juliamarie's picture

Thanks for the warm welcome

I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your encouragement. This has been a real life saver as I struggle to understand what happened to me. I do have my guard up in case he attempts to Hoover me back into this mess. I have blocked emails, texts and phone calls...hopefully, that will be enough. Thank you again for all your kind words! Looking forward to being a regular here :) Hugs to all! JM
Aug 10 - 8AM (Reply to #7)
spinning
spinning's picture

JM, sweet girl, he

did you an absolute FAVOR! You'll see! Like Hunter says, same guy, different body. I wasted six years. Am now 53 and here to tell you that at 9 months no contact, I wouldn't go back to that disordered chaotic destructive life for a million bucks (and I'm broke and could really use the money). My life is better now than it has been in the past eight years, better than I ever ever thought it could be! It is amazing that once you lose the disordered one and all the crap they bring, it makes room for GOOD THINGS to enter your life! I have met interesting, fun, funny non-disordered people and have been having FUN. No contact is BLISS! It will be hard but we will help you! You'll be so glad you did the work! A big hug to you on the beginning of your new, beautiful NARC FREE Life!! Most sincerely (not) spinning. IT'S A CHOICE. I CHOOSE MYSELF. NEVER AGAIN WILL I LOWER THE BAR FOR ANY MAN. FOR ANYONE!

spinning

Aug 9 - 4PM
58 and going strong
58 and going strong's picture

Good you found this

Good you found this community, Juliamarie! Welcome! But while you think now that he's done with you, you better get ready for the moment when he comes back! And from what I see posted here, he will; unless you can put something legal into place. Keep educating yourself, keep learning, and keep in touch here - this is great help.
Aug 9 - 4PM
Layla
Layla's picture

Why hello Juliamarie!

I wasted 8 years (almost my entire 30's!) with an antisocial narc psycho! I was even foolish (brainwashed!) enough to marry this violent azzclown! An order of protection was the only thing I could do to get rid of this abusive liar! And it wasn't too difficult to get, seeing is he got good an drunk EVERY DAY and acted like a complete nut on his "nutso schedule" of once about every 12 weeks... I am about your age (I am 41) so I can really relate to where you are in life, and how as women by cetain ages, we expect to be on to certain things (marriage, children, career....whatever it is that makes US)... So very happy to see you here...wish we could of "met" under better circumstances! I too have read on many, many websites including this once long before I joined here....stick around with us! It's good to know you!! ~Layla
Aug 9 - 1PM
bakingfortherapy
bakingfortherapy's picture

Doll...

Mine wanted me to be a sweet nice doll on a shelf, available when it worked fir him, on his terms. Then when he was tired if me or if I said things he didnt want to hear or wasn't as Adoring as he wanted me to be, he would put me back on the shelf and go play with another doll. Discarded. Ugh!
Aug 9 - 1PM
bakingfortherapy
bakingfortherapy's picture

Juliamarie....

I am sorry about the pain you are going through. My ride was a similar one. I thought I had found the love of my life too. I spent 8 wonderful years and 3 years of hell with him... And the OW added the last two. You said that maybe it would have been better if you were married. I thought so too. But in time you will see that it is actuallly a gift. Who wants ti be tied even tighter to a sick selfish man? Mine also was very protective of his cell. He didn't want me to see texts and calls to OW. Keep on this site and learn all you can about these Narcs. Knowledge really is power. And hey, I gave my Narc my 30s and am now 41 but ... Better to be alone than in bad company!!! Good luck.
Aug 9 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Trash? I'm gum on the bottom

Trash? I'm gum on the bottom of his shoe! Silence is our punishment . Same guy different body! Well .....welcome to the club, time to get your head and your heart in line! NC is the answer! Try hard, read, knowledge is power! Hunter