Went home today...

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 2 - 7AM
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Went home today...

I went home today, and all his stuff was gone. His clothes, DVDs, his CDs, everything. Gone.

I really don't know how I'm going to deal with all this. Has anyone stayed in their shared home after they were dumped by the N?

Does it get easier? Any tips?

I look at the empty bed and I feel my world has ended, to be honest.

Aug 3 - 3PM
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Double post, ooops!

Double post, ooops!
Aug 2 - 8PM
MandyM
MandyM's picture

My ex and I didn't live

My ex and I didn't live together, but he was completely involved in my finding my current home, did work on it for me, chimed in all the time about how I should decorate it, talked about how much he liked it. When he left, it killed me to be in it alone because he'd been such a part of it from the very beginning. It hurt so much because it had never been just mine - it had been "ours." I went a bit crazy in those first few weeks, trying desperately to change every single room of it because there was no way I could move out at the time. I painted like a fiend, rearranged all the furniture (in some rooms more than once), did everything I could to make it look different so it wouldn't remind me of him everywhere I looked. I promised myself I'd move out as soon as my lease was up, which was months away. Not only did I want to get away from the reminders, but I also felt like he no longer had any right to know where I lived and to know my home so intimately if he wasn't going to allow me that kind of knowledge of HIS life anymore. By the time that rolled around, though, I felt like my home and I had sort of been through a war together, and it had been MINE much longer than it had been "ours." I love this place - I loved it from day one, and quite frankly, I shouldn't HAVE to leave it. There's no way I'm leaving before I'm ready, and for my own reasons. As for him knowing where I live, I doubt he even remembers. And if he does, well, fine - let him think about how much he enjoyed being here and how he'll never, ever set foot in it again. He no longer has any claim to either one of us, so to speak.
Aug 2 - 5PM
Journey
Journey's picture

RubyWoo

Wow, I just read all the comments and HE IS A HUGE NARC IMO! I'm not diagnosing professionally obviously, but just because sometimes he says the right things and seems to care - that does not make him a 'normal'. I hear what you are saying about not having the strength to pack up your stuff right now to move. Being someone who has stayed in the place I shared with exN, I highly recommend however that you consider finding a new place - a place that is just for you. (only suitable for a roommate if that's what you really want) There is a part of you that might not want to consider moving right now out of hope that he will come back, but like you said, his abandonment of you at this time when you need him most, can not (or shouldn't for your own sake) allow you to ever take him back since it shows you he is capable of cruel abandonment and such selfishness. Whatever happens after this, if he hoovers and comes back, it will never be able to be again as it was before when you felt secure and happy with him. Usually when they come back the abuse is even worse since they 'got away' with something (ie leaving you like this now, knowing you'd still welcome him back - and of course it would be when your attention can be back on only HIM). It is fortunate that you are able to stay with your parents in this time of mutual need and I believe years down the road you will be really glad to have had this time with THEM. Since you can afford to move, if there isn't a particular reason you want to stay in your place that is only about you, I really think it would help you emotionally to start looking at new places, even very casually for now. When you ARE feeling strong enough, ask a couple girlfriends to help you pack up your stuff, turn it into a little party, throw away any narc related things you don't want to keep, hide the rest in a box out of sight to decide upon later and get the hell out of narc-ville. If there is even an ounce of hope that by holding onto the old place you might also be able to hold onto him, or to have a place for him should he return, it will only keep you feeling stuck, hurt, disappointed and sad if you end up watching HIM continue to move on. I know this first hand, cause that is what I did. Mine also said he just needed to be on his own for awhile to sort things out, that he wasn't happy being in a relationship and I needed and deserved someone who could love me the way I wanted to be loved. I didn't know this 'freedom' he so desperately needed also involved jumping right into a new relationship with the first (of several) OW he has been with since he left to be 'on his own'. It has taken me a long time to clean HIS energy out of my home and even after two years it still lingers. I am mostly over my exN, but even after changing everything around to reclaim my space, my own bed and new paint - new pictures on the walls etc., I'm still often reminded of the good times I shared with HIM just by being in the space itself. There are reasons I have stayed here that have nothing to do with him though, and even with those, I sometimes wonder if I wouldn't be better off in a new place. I can still see him sitting at the desk that doesn't exist here anymore, in the chair that is long gone, at the table we used to do so much together at, even though it looks completely different now, at the kitchen sink, back door, stove and the many other things I couldn't rearrange or change. Now the memories don't cause the pain they once did, but they still come up more often than I'd like, kind of like an annoying insect that seldom bites hard enough to hurt me anew, but never fully goes away. After this difficult time with your father and the coming weeks go by, if you can make a fresh start, this is a perfect time to do it, regardless of what HE does next. A new place filled with only your energy and new memories will feel SO much better and help you erase the constant reminders of HIM as you heal from all this pain and move forward with YOUR life. From what you've said in comments, it sounds like this man has brainwashed and emotionally abused you in the worst ways - while pretending to be your friend who loves you and cares. This is also the way my narc did it. Trust me, the fog will clear the longer you are away from him. You will survive this and be stronger and more confident that you've ever thought possible. You've just been under his influence for way too long now and he does not deserve a single minute of your concern about him any longer! ((hugs))

Journey on...

Aug 2 - 2PM
allusedup
allusedup's picture

My ex-N has been gone for

My ex-N has been gone for three weeks now. I know exactly where you are coming from. But PLEASE believe me....you can get thru this! I too, had a hard time being in the house with him gone. And yet, too distraught to leave. After the first two weeks, I have cleaned, rearranged furniture, moved pictures and painted. I even switched bedrooms with my son because I could not take the pain of being in that room any longer. I now have a very cool "baseball room"! I struggle every day with the what-ifs, but each day I'm getting a little stronger. (My favorite song at this time..."getting a lil bit stronger" by Sara Evans) Hugs to you!
Aug 2 - 2PM (Reply to #42)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thanks honey! I still have to

Thanks honey! I still have to decide what to do with the flat... I don't have the strength to pack yet. Plus there are some things that need to be fixed before the landlord comes to get the keys (of course, I'm not just dumped but also have to deal with fixing, cleaning, ending the contract...) It's good to know that you feel better after 3 weeks! I really wish there was a fast forward button to get out of this pain!
Aug 2 - 11AM
mystwoman
mystwoman's picture

Yes, I owned my home before I

Yes, I owned my home before I married xnh (but we were in the relationship when I initially bought it). I was involved with xnh for 8 years before marrying him, and with him a total of 16 years. We lived in my home the entire 8 years we were married. I have LOT of memories concerning xnh and his children in this home (both many good memories and a lot of bad - for one thing the constant fighting was horrendous). I'd thrown xnh's oldest hideous P daughter out of the house for doing drugs about a year before the final D&D, so she was no longer living with us. When xnh cheated on me and D&D'd, I threw him out of the house the same night. However, he came back several weeks later to move out his and his youngest daughter's stuff (while I was at home so that he couldn't take anything that wasn't his). It was like torture for me watching it all go. To quote my sister, "It was the death of the dream." After xnh's and his youngest daughter's stuff was gone from the house, I had large sections of my own home standing empty and rooms that were very painful to enter (namely xnh's hobby/bedroom where he slept at the last because his snoring was so obnoxious that we mostly weren't sleeping in the same bed, his youngest daughter's bedroom, and the family room that was pretty well stripped bare of it's furniture). It was very painful for me at first. I couldn't walk into the family room without remembering xnh's youngest daughter, and all of the fun she had with her friends during slumber parties. It made me incredibly sad to remember the giggling that went on in there. The silence in the house after they left just seemed thundering to me. Since I'd always heard that when you lose someone (as in death), that if you're not sure what you want to do, then it's best to step back and do nothing for a while. Therefore, I shut the doors on the two bedrooms and avoided that family room for a month or so until I decided what I thought was best for me. Then I started "reclaiming" my house one step at a time by redecorating, rearranging, getting new furniture that *I* want, and replacing the "empty space" in ways that were strictly "me". It happened a little at a time for me, one idea that I had at a time. Slowly, I've managed to convert the house from "our" home into "my" home. I now feel that this is MY home, and I'm quite happy in it (ALL of it). Since xnh left about 14 months ago, I've made his youngest daughter's bedroom into the library that I've always wanted, complete with reading chairs and a jigsaw puzzle table. I've made the family room into my computer area, and a workout area with my treadmill located in a pleasing spot to look out the windows. Part of this room has been arranged with a couch to read and watch the fireplace on cold winter evenings, or just relax looking out the windows on other days. The bedroom that xnh stayed in is currently being used for storage. However, I have plans to turn it into a nice guest room for when my family visits (complete with a daybed and new curtains). The pictures throughout the house have all been replaced with custom artwork of MY choosing, instead xnh's kid's school photos or his mommy on the walls (I always felt like I had a female version of Stalin staring at me whenever I walked through the house with xnmil's pictures hanging around - lol). I've even done lots of little things around the house to reclaim it as uniquely mine (like replacing all the drawer knobs to ones that I picked out, and all new towel bars, toilet paper holders, etc. that *I* liked). Yes, it was incredibly painful and emotionally difficult for me to stay in this home at first. However, the more that I've "reclaimed", the easier it's gotten. In addition, each time I replaced something in the home that caused me painful memories, the more it seemed to help reduce the pain. I found that I could replace a painful memory with a pleasant memory. Now I think how proud I felt painting this or the good time I had with my sister when I bought that, etc. Mostly when I walk through my house today, I don't have the feeling of "Gee, THAT is where xnh's cell phone left a mark on the wall when he threw it at me in a rage.". Instead I think, "Man, I really like the color of that paint! Thank GOD xnh is gone. My life is SO much better now." My suggestion is to start changing the things in the house that bother you the most. Possibly move into another bedroom for a while, or get yourself a new bed. Change the look of the room into something totally "you". Hang it there. It is hard at first, but it does get better. MUCH better. The constant stress from the narc is gone, and you're free to paint pink polka dots all over your walls if you want. No one has any control over you any longer. You're free to heal and have a happy future...and you're so worth it. :) Huge hugs.

Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #38)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thanks for sharing your

Thanks for sharing your story! It must have been horrible to go through that... I know the pain, it is impossible to describe and simply unbearable. It's nice to hear you are feeling so good now though! It gives me hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel someday. Right now it's so dark I hardly seen the tunnel walls. I'm feeling horrible tonight. I'm not even there, I came to stay at my parents two weeks ago while I decided what to do. And I keep thinking, "is there something I can do to make him change his mind, to have those Sunday breakfasts, those jokes, those tickles and kisses?" I have to be honest, I wish he would be back. I wish his things weren't gone. I feel maybe if I had done things different, if I had been better now I would still have the person I love.
Aug 2 - 3PM (Reply to #39)
mystwoman
mystwoman's picture

Hugs Ruby. I really feel for

Hugs Ruby. I really feel for you. This pain is so horrible (and undeserved). Don't ever blame yourself. He's a narc. He was disordered LONG before you ever met him. Nothing you could have said or done would have made any difference. The end result would have been exactly the same. He would devalued and discarded you. That's was narcs do...to everyone. The only difference is that the narc would have mistreated you for longer. You deserve better. You deserve to be loved (truly loved and for just being yourself). The narc was never capable of love. You're hurting now, but in the future, you're free to love again, and really be loved in return. xoxoxo

Aug 2 - 4PM (Reply to #40)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thank you for your words of

Thank you for your words of encouragement! It really is a dark dark tunnel right now... :(
Aug 2 - 10AM
ordinarycourage
ordinarycourage's picture

went home today

I stayed in our shared home for a few years after - long enough to sell it. It was way too big and too much work to maintain on my own. While it is still so new for you, change the locks, if you have a garage door opener, have it reprogrammed. I remember what it felt like after his "half" of the furniture was gone...it felt much more real and empty. As far as the bed goes, I know how you feel. This will pass and you'll look forward to having the whole thing to yourself for awhile. Wish there was a quick fix...time is a great healer.
Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #24)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thanks for your advice :)

Thanks for your advice :) I'm thinking about maybe finding a girl to share with me. But I don't know if I can stay there with the memories. At the same time I don't feel strong enough to pack, clean the house, etc. I wish I didn't have to go through this ordeal when my father is dying, I can't believe this is happening to me.
Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #25)
spinning
spinning's picture

Oh, Ruby, sweetheart,

my heart goes out to you. I, too, was brutally D & D'd--completely abandoned--while my father was dying too. You will find this hard to believe right now but I'm telling you that today I look at my dad's suffering and subsequent death as his final gift to me. IT ALLOWED ME TO GET OUT OF A HORRIBLE RELATIONSHIP THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I'D ESCAPE. I was D & D'd because it was no longer "all about HIM." I was spending weekends and many weekdays helping my family take care of my dad. WHAT KIND OF MAN..LOVER...FRIEND...abandons somebody who is going through something as huge as the death of a parent? A WEASEL, THAT'S WHO. I remember the brutality, fog, confusion when it first happened to me. It was horrible and extremely painful. Ruby, it won't last forever. What I did was focus all my energy (as much as I could) on helping my family. After my father passed away in February I had to deal with the feelings of the disordered one's abandonment, but that was 3.5 months later. Today, I am not sad or depressed at the "loss" of this "person" I gave six years of my life to. I am mostly angry...and often at myself for putting up with such POOR DISORDERED BEHAVIOR for so long. Ruby, baby steps. One thing at a time. You did not really "lose" anything. You are going to gain yourself. Your self esteem. Your self-knowledge. Your loving self who will help your father and your family. Reach out to your real friends and/or family members during this hard time. Staying with your parents is a good idea, too! Do whatever you have to do to feel better. This will pass. It will get better. Be patient and gentle with yourself. I hope this helps some. You are in my thoughts braveheart. Most sincerely, (not) spinning. I REFUSE TO EVER AGAIN.

spinning

Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #26)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

I'm so sorry for your loss,

I'm so sorry for your loss, Spinning. No one can even imagine what the last weeks of a loved one are like. My dad is completely bedridden, in nappies, unable to speak or move, can't even eat unless fed. He is 49. Brain cancer, a nightmare. I can't believe you had to go through the same thing with a coward who couldn't support you through that time, it's excruciating. Funnily enough, it feels the same with my situation. I had to spend lots of time taking turns with my mum at hospital. And he started going out more and more with his single mates and hating me more and more in the process. May I ask what did he say to you at the end, or if you dumped him or where dumped? If you don't want to talk about it because you don't want to bring memories, I understand! You're such a brave strong woman! I'm sure your dad is so proud of you :)
Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #27)
spinning
spinning's picture

Thank you, kind Ruby...

I hope my dad knows what a gift he gave me and I do think he would be proud of me. I am so sorry for your father's condition. He is so young! Cancer is a brutal disease. I know what a strain the entire family is under and I feel for you. I was dumped, though I was working my way toward trying to get out of the relationship. We did not live together, but he spent every day at my house, had a key, etc. I joined the forum when I was researching his behavior and when I found so many "clicks" I couldn't believe it. As it turns out it was later confirmed to me by his ex-wife that he has been diagnosed Borderline. Whatever. I hesitate to write too much here but can PM you with details of the D & D. Suffice it to say that after a six year relationship he sent me a series of text messages saying it was all my fault for no longer showing interest in him, and then said goodbye. I of course tried to call him when I turned my phone back on (I turned it off to visit my dad) and thought I was blocked because I got a strange recording. That INFURIATED ME, but I didn't try again right away. I later learned that he had changed his phone number and left the area. He's gone. Vanished. Poof. Try explaining that to my family and the few friends who remained after he took total control of my life !! (I allowed it, I know). It was unbelievable and exceedingly painful. I have never ever had anything like this with former lovers, boyfriends and even my ex-husband who is still my friend. They always try to make it all your fault and when you need them the most that's almost a guarantee that you'll get the EXACT opposite of what you need. Ruby, as you slowly work through the fog and the cognitive dissonance, you will see things as they REALLY are and it will get better. I hope this has helped some. I know you are suffering greatly and I am here to tell you that it does really, truly get better. I'm 53 and my life is better than I'd ever imagined it could be. That's the truth. I've met interesting people, made great friends, have fun, try new things and even see a few hot, nice, non-disordered men! Most sincerely, (not) spinning. I REFUSE TO FOR ANYONE.

spinning

Aug 2 - 2PM (Reply to #28)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thank you for sharing,

Thank you for sharing, Spinning! It really feels like you got a gift from your dad, to show you this man's true colours. And I'm soooo happy that you feel your life is better than ever, you deserve it!! Did he ever try to contact you afterwards? I love this man with all my heart, but he can't see it. He can only see that I'm jealous, insecure, crazy... What about absolutely loving and hard working, what about me getting a job as a university teacher at 23, having done modeling, speaking 4 languages, having a higher salary than most people 10 years older than me? He was so proud of all that, and now it doesn't matter. Why do I still feel not good enough, because I wasn't able to make this man stay and see what he had? :(
Aug 2 - 2PM (Reply to #29)
spinning
spinning's picture

Ruby, I am proud of you!

You have much to be proud of and you should feel good about yourself. I believe you feel the way you do (i.e. not good enough) because that is what you have been conditioned to feel in the relationship. And since he is blaming his leaving on you that is a natural feeling. That is what they want us to feel because it takes all the heat off of them and their actions and puts it on us. It's not right. These disordered ones know our weaknesses. I would venture to guess that many members of this board have self-esteem issues. I now know that my experience with the borderline nutjob was brought into my life to finally get me to address the root of my never feeling "good enough." I am finally doing that and it is working. It takes an effort to focus on my good traits and not on what I perceive is lacking, but I'm telling you Ruby that since I've made the effort, people are responding. People are attracted to lightness and joy. It's tough to find it when you're in the middle of hell, but you have to keep looking and it will reveal itself. Things really changed for me when I made a conscious effort to re-focus my thoughts from HIM and whatever HE was doing with WHOMEVER and onto ME and whatever I needed to do to feel better. The pain is so tough. Let it out when you have to. Crying is good. Each time you let it out, healing takes place. As for him trying to contact me, the answer is no. This was the second D & D, however. After the first one, which was a year earlier almost to the exact day, I went complete NC and stayed on this board like crazy. I never thought I'd see him again. I even sold some things he left a my house (I needed the money and thought it was over). I made it 20 days. On the 21st day he came pounding on my door (I live alone in the country) at 5 a.m. and I was disoriented and frightened. When I didn't answer he pounded on my window. He called out that he had some things of mine to give me. Stupidly I opened the door. We collapsed in a sobbing heap on the floor. I let him in and in so doing I let myself in for 12 more months of push/pull ups and downs, silent treatments and punishments only to be D & D'd again and completely abandoned. I must mention he's a psychology major and knows that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. He's a master. He'll never show his face again. He wouldn't dare. He knows my family makes me stronger (when we met there was a split, part of why I was so vulnerable to him) and when my dad got ill, the gap healed and I spent much time with my sisters and parents. I am now very glad that there is absolutely no contact. I wouldn't have survived otherwise. Be strong, Ruby. There is a beautiful soul inside of you. A bright young woman who longs to be happy and free, alive and vital and shining light into the world. Reach out to her and be amazed. Sorry this is so long, braveheart. It actually feels good for me to get this out right now! Thank you! Most sincerely, (not) spinning. NEVER AGAIN!

spinning

Aug 2 - 4PM (Reply to #30)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

There is something really

There is something really disturbing about a borderline narcissist with a major in psychology!!! Quite ironic in fact! About self esteem, when he met me I felt horrible because all my friends had boyfriends and I had never even been on a date. I felt like the ugliest, fatests, most disgusting girl alive. He made me feel so beautiful, told me the most amazing things... I felt soooo good I can't describe it. Then after being on contraception, getting bloated and for some reason starting to feel ugly again, I got really depressed and put on weight. I would hear all the time how I needed to do exercise. I went to bed some nights crying asking him not to look at me naked because I was gross. Sometimes I would be just relaxed standing there he would say "SUCK IN!!" pointing at my stomach. I guess that's my weakness, my body issues. I know I'm intelligent, smart, with a great family and job. It was my one weakness. I get confused because he still tells me I'm amazing, sexy, talented... today he said I am better than him. I think now, is he just bullshiting? What for? Would a N say something like that?
Aug 3 - 9AM (Reply to #31)
spinning
spinning's picture

Oh, Ruby! What a

complete N! He says things like that to keep you on the hook. Your dramatic "good bye" is so familiar to me! His tears, all of that BS to keep you "in it." To keep you confused and wondering and wanting. Ruby, braveheart, you don't HAVE TIME for that any more! This is your life and you can't waste another minute of it on someone who seems to like to point out what he thinks are your flaws! What makes him so perfect? You are in a very tough, tough spot and it's going to take a lot of hard work and commitment to work through the fog and see the REALITY of what he's doing and what he's done but it will happen. It will! Please do not contact him and avoid contact with him if he tries to contact you. No contact is the only way to lift the fog and begin to see clearly. We are here for you, Ruby. You have a whole wonderful life ahead of you and it will be great! Most sincerely, (fighting to keep from) spinning. IT'S A CHOICE. I CHOOSE ME. NO ONE WILL TAKE ME DOWN!

spinning

Aug 3 - 3PM (Reply to #32)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thanks Spinning!Today he

Thanks Spinning! Today he sent an email saying he feels really bad because he can't bring himself to leave me and he loves me so much and can't stand the thought of losing me forever. He said he wants to quit his addiction to weed, and admitted he is more addicted than he has ever been right now. He said he knows I need him through this time, but if he stays he has to make sure he can be there 100% (not quite sure what this means) but he feels so lost and if he can't be with me now he understands it will NEVER be possible again. He will call me tomorrow and either tell me to come over or dissapear and stop having me hanging. I'm confused. Would he give me hope just to ditch me again tomorrow? Or is he really considering staying?
Aug 3 - 3PM (Reply to #33)
Journey
Journey's picture

Ruby, I wasn't going to

Ruby, I wasn't going to comment on this because I do not want to trigger you with false suspicions, but I just read your comment in another thread about confronting lies: "I saw a text on his phone from a woman saying "who is missing me?" I confronted because it looked pretty suspicious and boy did he get angry. I ruined HIS day, HIS weeks, our chances of working things out, everything." I am sorry, but this is such a typical narc response when caught in a lie and it leads me to my first thought when reading your comment here about how he said he will call you tomorrow to either tell you to come over, or he'll just disappear to stop keeping you hanging. Just what is it he needs to figure out exactly? What will possibly change for him regarding his feelings for you between now and tomorrow if he truly loves you as much as he says he does and can't stand the thought of losing you? He says he wants to make sure he can be there 100% for you? Not even a healthy man is capable of always being there 100% of the time, we all have other concerns that come up - it is a promise anyone would have a hard time fulfilling IMO. Narcs are all about getting and maintaining what they consider for them to be their most promising supply source... just who exactly is this woman texting him really? His reaction to you about the text suggests she is NOT just some random chick who wants him and is chasing him without some kind of invite from him to lead HER to believe it is okay to do so. I don't have a good feeling about this guy, I'm sorry, I don't want to cause more worry or heartbreak for you by my suspicions, but he sounds dangerously like a lying narc that is stringing you along until HE decides where HIS best supply is going to come from - YOU or somewhere else AND makes sure he's secured it. He IS afraid of losing you, but maybe not for the reasons you are being lead to believe by his words. ((((BIG HUGS))))

Journey on...

Aug 3 - 3PM (Reply to #34)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

I know exactly what you

I know exactly what you mean... but surely he can't secure his supply in one day? What does he need to think about it one more day? The woman was a girl that I have met too, a girl who works in a summer camp that happens once a year. They would have met once or twice before the text to organize stuff. They worked for 2 weeks together (stayed there, away from the city, in the summer camp) I guess tomorrow he'll just call and say "I'm sorry but I can't do it, I'm lost and confused". Maybe he's already planning to move with her or something (since he took his stuff on Monday) But I know yesterday and today he's been in OUR home a lot. If there was someone, wouldn't he be with her? It's all confusing me a lot. I have asked him in a really nice, calm way if there is someone else or if he even feels he might want to meet other people. I invited him to talk about it and said I would understand. He keeps denying.
Aug 3 - 6PM (Reply to #35)
Journey
Journey's picture

I asked mine too, in the same

I asked mine too, in the same relaxed (prepared for any response) kind of way - he lied through his grin of fake reassurance that he was not seeing anyone new on several occasions. Later I'd found undeniable proof of it, yet he still lied right to my face since he thought I didn't know the truth. I really wanted to belief he wouldn't continue to lie to me so yet another time after that I calmly asked him again, to please just be honest with me, that I had suspicions and would understand if they were true, that I could accept the truth and even that I understood why he might feel the need to lie to me about it - yet he STILL lied right to my face. This is from a man who said he loved and cared about me and would always be my friend, months out of our relationship, not with me at all romantically anymore. He really didn't need to continue lying for any reason other than he wanted to keep me deceived into believing something better of him, but instead what I saw was a dishonest coward without integrity. I don't think your ex spending more time in your home means anything other than he might just be withdrawing from his alternate source of supply in order to test how strong it's potential is (his hold on her) before deciding if that supply is worth the risk of losing your supply. It really isn't about loving either of you any more or better, supply is faceless and interchangeable at its core. I hope I'm not being too harsh with you Ruby, I am only speculating this way upon your situation because of the familiarity of it and because YOU are who I care about right now, not him. ((hugs))

Journey on...

Aug 4 - 2AM (Reply to #36)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Lying when there is no need

Lying when there is no need to lie, it's just stupid!! I'm not sure how I feel anymore... part of me really wants to work things out because it used to be SO right. The other part of me thinks "will you be able to not look at his phone?" I'm really confused. I love this man so much, and I know if he says he wants me home I'll be weak... but I swear if we try to work things out and I find the slightest red flag, I'm losing it! Maybe I need to see it right in my face to COMPLETELY get over it and go into "rage phase"?
Aug 2 - 9AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Ruby

Look at it as your would is beginning! Change the locks and make this a new home for you and your new narc free life! Was this really a home when he was there abusing you? You can do this! Would you prefer to continue to live a lie? Hunter
Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #22)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

You are right there Hunter, I

You are right there Hunter, I was living a lie with someone who said he loved, but didn't so much. If he did he wouldn't have packed and left, he would have tried to fix things right? He never really abused me as bad as I have read in some stories. He did make me feel pretty bad about my body towards the end though (at the beginning he said I had the most amazing body in the world, then I went through depression, put on 10 kilos and he wouldn't shut up about me needing to do exercise...)
Aug 2 - 9AM
lillymarch
lillymarch's picture

I'm doing that right now.

But my ex can show up at anytime. In the beginning he was away for long periods of time. Then when he knew I was moving on he would show up more and more. Now he's been gone for almost a month. First thing I did was buy new sheets and bankers for the bed. I moved furniture around and really tried to own it. It was so amazing to have control and freedom. I missed him like crazy! But I had been missing him for years. I was missing the dream, the illusion of him. It was terribly painful but I got through it. During that time I didn't think I would. I'll be thinking of you. Be kind to yourself. When you find that you're focus is stuck on him- refocus it back on you and you're health! It works! Take care of you.
Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #20)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thanks Lily, those are

Thanks Lily, those are inspiring words and I feel better knowing that you made it! I'm almost at the lowest and darkest point in my life. And I say almost because I think it hasn't really sunk in. And I'm losing my father probably in the next couple weeks... I think both things will come at once and I don't know how I'm going to make it out of this hole. I thought he would be there holding me in his arms when my dad passed. Instead he's "lost and confused" needing "time for himself"
Aug 2 - 8AM
spinning
spinning's picture

Ruby, sweetheart, it does

get better. It takes time and baby steps and a conscious effort to refocus your thoughts from what you think is "missing" to what you have/will gain. You will gain peace and freedom. You will gain clarity and relief from chaos and doubt. You just have to be patient and determined to move on toward your own happiness and joy. It really does work this way. Where you focus your thoughts becomes your reality. As hard as it is right now in these painful moments, try to focus on what you intend for your future...for the next few minutes to make yourself feel better. I think it's a great idea to move out of the bedroom. I did this and it was most helpful. It's a process. I'm amost nine months total NC and I still do not sleep in "the room" very often. It's okay with me. In the meantime, I also want to share that I LOVE MY PLACE now! I love pulling up in the driveway and not dreading seeing his car parked there. I love listening to the kind of music I like. I love leaving things strewn about if I'm too busy to clean up all the time. Mostly I love doing everything on MY SCHEDULE, no one else's. You will find your way to this love, too. Ruby, I send you a big hug and the encouraging truth that it does and will get better than you ever imagined. You cannot wait around for crumbs and indecision and for someone to value you. You have value, great value, and it's time to embrace it with all your might. Most sincerely, (not) spinning. AT LEAST NOT AT THE MOMENT. I REJECT ALL CHAOS AND DOUBT. IT'S A COMMITMENT AND I'M STICKING TO IT.

spinning

Aug 2 - 1PM (Reply to #18)
RubyWoo
RubyWoo's picture

Thanks Spinning!I really

Thanks Spinning! I really can't describe how strong you all women in here must be to go through this ordeal. There are moments when I can't even breathe normally from how overwhelming this all is. For my future I want my own beauty salon, a husband who adores me and beautiful kids I can make crafts with on Sunday afternoons. I will try to keep thinking of that.
Aug 2 - 7AM
Cgrl
Cgrl's picture

embrace it!

The first time he left I was like you- all boohoo and this was OUR home and blah blah blah. Crying. Carrying on. The second time because I KNOW what a shitbag he is now- Woohoo! Thank you god! My beautiful space. My peaceful cave. No more jumping through smoke clouds. No more cleaning up after Him. No more. Funk. Calm. Wonderful. Peaceful. Its yours now. OWN IT. God has given you peace. Don't think of it as loss. Its not. Opportunity to have a gentle life. I bought some new things. Put in a ceiling fan thatasscliwn promisedto do for Over a year. Did all kinds of stuff. Its mine.