cowgirl1's story

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 17 - 10AM
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

cowgirl1's story

Hi all, I hope I have posted this in the right place. I wanted to share my story, get advice and support and move forward with life. I met my N 6 years ago, I was in the process of divorcing a man I had been with a short time, we married too young and had decided to part ways. I had just begun a new job, my N worked with me. He was married and made it clear to me from day one how miserable he was with his wife, he said terrible things about her even though she just had his child a year prior. Others at work warned me that this man had affairs with other women often and to stay away. At first, I did. Then, once my divorce was over I decided to just give him a chance, I thought he could be my "rebound" and help me recover, afterall, he was handsome, seemed funny and smart-why not was my mind set. We had a few "dates" he then began calling me many times a day, gave compliments non stop and eventually we had sex and he confessed how much he loved me. He separated from his wife and got his own apartment. All seemed great...then it began. He would shut his phone off, took away my key and wouldnt give me the same attention out of no where. I decided to walk away then, we still worked together though, i just avoided him. Even my boss confronted me that he was bad news and to stay away. I did stay away for a few weeks, I then had my traditional Halloween Party, my N asked if he could come, I said that was fine but made it clear we were over. THere would be at least 100 or so people I didnt care if he came. At the party the N physically assulted me for "talking to another man" hit his best friend in the face and pulled a gun on two of our coworkers. He was arrested that night, and lost his job. He moved back with his ex wife, but still kept calling me to blame me for what happened. He also admitted that he freaked out because he had been sleeping with his ex while with me and felt guilty so he blew up, and he had been using steroids.
Wow...looking back that should have been enough. Instead, I waited for him to have the manditory restraining order for my protection lifted, and moved him into my home from his ex wife's. We began cour ordered counseling, where the therapist asked me WHY I wanted him, right in front of him. He was enraged and walked out.She explained to me he is "not good on paper" and may not have much to offer me. We continued to see her, until he refued to go back, I still go.
While with me he paid no bills, and I worked two jobs. He then wanted custody of his twin boys (from antother woman, not the ex wife) and I helped him get his boys, she signed them over thinking our home was more stable (I have a very nice house, had high income and she couldnt provide what i could for her boys) I loved feeling like a family but i was being drained emotionally, physically and financialy. I then told the N to marry me, pay rent or get out He moved back to his ex wife's rather than do any of the above...this happened three more time over two years in my home and I always took him back. He began to pressure me to have threesomes and when I did (i thought it would make him love me) he just got colder and crueler to me. It left me hating myself sexually and him telling me he knew I was a lesbian...it was so mind numbing.
A year ago this week was the last time I made him leave my home, of course he went BACK to the ex wife, and now has his own place. During this last year we dated and he swore he wanted to make things work. He instead, was cruel, refused to give attention or compliments, would constantly sneak away to be with his ex wife, never talk about the cheating or my feelings and physically abused me numerous times, I fought back and he would call ME the abuser. I began to call him a loser, a jerk ,a cheater and tell him I hated him, but i couldnt stay away from him. I lost my job, many friends and family because they couldnt understand what I was doing.
Over the last few weeks I caught him cheating with a woman much older than me, not attractive and it crushed me. I called him sobbing, asking for my things back asking for money back...crying for my life back. This woman even shows up where my friends and I go to dinner and just stares at me. I am left wondering, is he good to her? He changed his phone number when I let him know his son's school had contacted me to tell me the boys are calling girls in class 'bitches, sluts whores ect...and asking for blow jobs'.
I am left with knowing I gave my home, my job, all of my savings, my stress and love to a man that replaced me without a second thought. is she better than me? will he be good to her??? My mind is racing, it has only been a few weeks and I am heart broken, still. I am in therapy, but I am still a mess.
Any advice is appreciated and needed.

May 17 - 1PM
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

and...

THe more I read the more I see a connection to Narc and a bad childhood/relationship with mothers. In this case the N was molested by his Step father for years, the N's mother knew and turned a blind eye...she was married for money and didnt want to lose her ticket. She divorced (not because of the molesting, rather for another man) and has remarried 3 times (is now 70 and divorced because she didnt feel her ex left her enough in his will) Anyone else know of connections to N's and their mother's? My N is obsessed with his mother, never angry, never wrong and unhealthy level of "love" for her (even though she is to blame for his damage in part) yet treats all women otherwise like objects after a few months. Just curious.
May 17 - 2PM (Reply to #22)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Mothers

Google, Mother Enmeshed men! Will explain alot! There are plenty or reasons why they are crazy, add this to the list! Hunter
May 17 - 1PM
findingmeagain
findingmeagain's picture

I often wonder the same thing

I often wonder the same thing but remember if he can just replace you like this, and dump his own flesh and blood its noway he will do her any better.
May 17 - 11AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Cowgirl

Happy is correct read, read, I feel you are a good person, step back and look at this picture! It ain't pretty! Is that what you want for your life? If you don't force yourself to stay away he will continue to drag you thru the mud. How would you advise me if I was in this situation? Be strong, Hunter ps No contact! Got it?
May 17 - 11AM (Reply to #14)
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

thank you...

Yes, NO contact, he changed his number on me...I am guessing because life got to real and he didnt want his new woman to know about what he did to me and his children. I have a feeling he will be back around, as it is his pattern. I am trying to get strong and feel good, I am just full of self loathing, I knew better but couldnt stop. I have a new job now, repairing damaged friendships but i still feel unworthy of real love and jealous of this new woman, crazy right? She had no prize, but Im still so scared he will treat her right and all i did was lose.
May 17 - 1PM (Reply to #17)
findingmeagain
findingmeagain's picture

I wish you well . It will get

I wish you well . It will get better as long as you stay NC. Did you lose friends because of him?
May 17 - 1PM (Reply to #18)
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

friends

I have gained most back, but yes the people closest to me (whom also know him well) became grustrated with me 4 years ago when he got arrested and I still waited for him after he assaulted me, cheated and then lived with the ex, the same woman he cheated with. Plus, he pulled the gun on my friends and I still wanted him. I could not recover from that, they wont speak to me. I am lucky i have other people close to me i didnt lose, but the ones he victimized as well cannot understand or forgive me for still being with him
May 17 - 1PM (Reply to #19)
findingmeagain
findingmeagain's picture

Yeah they love to isolate

Yeah they love to isolate people its their way of making you question yourself and lowering your self esteem. I hope one day those people will forgive you and try to mend the friendship. Its important to never choose someone thats been there for you for someone who causes harm towards you.
May 17 - 12PM (Reply to #16)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

CG

All your feelings are normal! The whole situation is abnormal so youre confused! Stay here for days and read, infact, read instead of post! You'll see the pattern, you are no different than the rest of us! Hunter Now you know better so do better
May 17 - 11AM (Reply to #15)
Happy1
Happy1's picture

cowgirl1

well put your mind to rest girlfriend because he won't treat her any different! promise!
May 17 - 10AM
findingmeagain
findingmeagain's picture

I've got to say something,

I've got to say something, you say this woman signed over her kids to you because of the income, house, and stability. I highly doubt this she probably in so many words was warning you about him. She signed them over to get away from that man .
May 17 - 11AM (Reply to #12)
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

the ex

the ex is from 15 years ago...she and i always got along and she warned me to stay away, but i thought she was just a jealous ex. No, she really knows his level and capability to damage and dispose of people. she signed the then 12 years olds over because she had lost her job and bocme evicted...i know she is fighting the N now to get them back...I hope she succeeds. He had already "given back" one twin a few weeks before he dumped me because he wanted to keep the "more succesful one". SMH for not seeing the sick person he is sooner.
May 17 - 11AM (Reply to #6)
Used
Used's picture

kids

this doesnt put the ex in a good light, she gave her kids away to get away from him? so knowing what he was she handed her kids over. the mind boggles.
May 17 - 1PM (Reply to #8)
findingmeagain
findingmeagain's picture

You have no idea what its

You have no idea what its like to have children with them . They are relentless . Then the woman's mind probably was all messed up from being with him. She may not have known if she was coming or going. Or maybe had resentment. Who knows.
May 17 - 1PM (Reply to #9)
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

kids

I can only imagine...the twin's mom has since gotten married and has learned to just let the courts deal with him. He is just terrible to those boys and I feel so sorry for their mother and the kids. His youngest, with the ex wife he cheated with (diff woman) is 8, and this child already throws things in school, is developmentally behind and has severe emotional issues (probally from seeing his father IN and OUT for years and constant revolving door of women his father has) All the N father and my ex can talk about is how this kid will be the next Wayne Gretzky...I shudder to think how he will discard this poor kid once he ages and 'disappoints' his father as the twins and all women do in his sick head. The mother of the youngest seems to LOVE him coming in and out, she never would be nice or speak to me no matter how I tried and I think she still hopes he will eventually stay with her...sad to see she is used just as badly as I was and she cant get away and he uses the child as leverage and guilt against her.
May 17 - 6PM (Reply to #10)
findingmeagain
findingmeagain's picture

Funny you say this about the

Funny you say this about the child acting out. My daughter has autism and when he father twice hoovered me in . He came back and she acted out hitting the walls , knocking over things, as if she was upset with him. I told him see she is upset that you left her like this. He said I'm sorry and I will make it up to her that I will be here. almost a month since he D&D'd me and today I called him to see if he would even take them sometimes and spend time with them and he hangs up in my face. WOW what a azzwipe. I'm not going to let myself get like that again and remain NC I just have to understsnd the man I thought he was never existed why did I think he was going to be reasonable ...
May 17 - 11PM (Reply to #11)
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

I am so sorry to hear when

I am so sorry to hear when kids are affected, I thank God I did not have any with him as I see the damage he has done to his own. It sounds like you are going in the right direction for what is right for your child, and she wil thank you for it someday...he will be lonely and pathetic as he is now.
May 17 - 11AM (Reply to #7)
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

the ex

the ex is really a good lady, she lost her job and home and was trying so hard to find the right thing for the boys...she warned me about the N...i wish I had listened. He "gave back" one twin to her a few months ago, siting he wanted to keep the "more succesful" son...wow. Poor kids. I can only worry about me now, but I am still heartbroken for all of it, I loved them and they are already suffering so much for the way he discards and disrespects human life.
May 17 - 10AM
Happy1
Happy1's picture

I'm so sorry for the trauma

I'm so sorry for the trauma you have experienced. I would look up trauma bonding because the breaking up and getting back together can cause this. I have experienced it myself. The breaking up constantly and getting back together, losing the job, friends and family. I know where you are and it hurts. The good news is there's a way to get your life back. It takes work and time. I'm learning this all first hand. Do lots and lots and lots and lots of reading about narcs and sociopaths and how to heal from trauma bonding and what it is. Also, it might be good to look up co-dependency. I feel for you, but please do what you can and fight this addiction. You can get over this! It takes work on your part and time. Seeing the counselor is great! Read, Read, Read and focus on you! Hugs!
May 17 - 11AM (Reply to #2)
cowgirl1
cowgirl1's picture

reading today

Thank you for the feedback, I am looking that up and I have a therapy appointment tomorrow. This is so hard, and I fear the most that he WILL be back as it is his pattern. I have called him out before, he always comes back after a month or two and it has only been about 5 weeks now. I just want to forget everything about him, and most of all not hate myself for falling for this.
May 17 - 2PM (Reply to #4)
FINALLYFREE2BME
FINALLYFREE2BME's picture

No Woman Will Have It Any Better

Look up Sandra Brown: http://saferelationshipsmagazine.com/ She runs an institute and offers retreats that specialize in helping partners of pathologicals. Good luck to you.
May 17 - 11AM (Reply to #3)
Happy1
Happy1's picture

The hardest part is it's all

The hardest part is it's all up to you to do the work to get out and away. They do come lurking back because you are supply. It's your choice to keep up with this pain and misery or get it all out now and get away from him. Get your feelings out, read, do the counseling and post. You and only you can make the decision and CHOICE to remove yourself from this sick man. Hugs