I just saw narcette.....help :(

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 4 - 1PM
kgirl
kgirl's picture

I just saw narcette.....help :(

She was at the side of the road...talking to her husband....smiling...looking good and normal...

And why am I a mess right now....I feel hot, clammy, shaky and sick to my stomach. Seriously is this real?? She looks so normal and fine. I'm secretly scared I'm the crazy one....cuz I don't think I look normal or act normal anymore. Why am I doubting everything again....like she's the normal one and I'm the crazy one. Is she disordered or have I made her out to be that. Maybe she just couldn't handle having an affair with a woman??
Great...now I'm crying at work. I was doing so well and seeing her throws me back in the depths...shit! This is miserable....how am I supposed to live in the same neighborhood with HER! How am I going to get strong enough to handle this??

May 5 - 7AM
momoya
momoya's picture

Your Journey

KG, This is your journey. We can not judge or give you a time frame when your heart will heal and when you will no longer feel affected by this. It doesn't work that way. You fell in love and you will have to fall out of love. I was in a place of intense pain and I wanted to fast forward to the end too. I just wanted out. I didn't want to deal with this. I had to have a surgical biopsy the week after he dissapeared. Going under anthesia my last thought was that I wished I would die during surgery because the pain was so awful to wake up to. He never called. He knew I was going through a cancer biopsy. He never called. I didn't think I would survive such pain. So just know that others have been where you are right now, and wished it would be done and over with , but we all have to go through it. I suggest that you write a letter to her and post it here and get out the things you are holding on to,the hopes and dissapoint that you feel in order to let it go and move into acceptance. all the best

momoya

May 5 - 10AM (Reply to #26)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Momoya... I'm so sorry you

Momoya... I'm so sorry you went through a biopsy for cancer in the midst of all your pain....that had to be so awful for you. I'm sure you could have used a lot of support and I know you didn't get it.....so sorry. I know you suggested a letter to narcette. You know what?? I have nothing left to say to her.....nothing. There is nothing that makes sense with her...I have no hopes that involve her....there is no hope for her. I want nothing to do with her ever again. I have a sense of pain, loss....for something that never was. I was rejected....but by a disordered person who never really attached in the first place. It isn't at all about her anymore....it's about me and my healing now. I can't believe seeing her threw me. But if I can anticipate that....I can learn to cope. I'm moving forward and doing my best to leave narcette in the past :) Thanks momoya....you always make me think!!! XoXo ~KG
May 4 - 9PM
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Any idea how long it will

Any idea how long it will take before I can be calm when I see her?? I'm still so surprised I reacted like that... I'm feeling so much better tonight...thanks for all your support! XoXo ~KG
May 5 - 7AM (Reply to #24)
momoya
momoya's picture

KG

KG I can honestly tell you that I could not see the EXN without shaking and possibley falling apart or literally going beserk. He is luck -LUCKY- that I am not insane, wealthy, or connected to the mob. just sayin'. ;/

momoya

May 5 - 7AM (Reply to #23)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

KG

That my friend is up to you!
May 4 - 4PM
Steph
Steph's picture

KG

So sorry you were triggered today! You are not crazy. Do not doubt that. We all go through this - questioning if it was us, not them etc. Here's the thing though - the fact that she is so UNPHASED by any of this proves she is NOT normal. Normal people have feelings, she clearly does not. Other things that you have shared ie) how she was so unconcerned when you had an anaphylaxis reaction to a food allergy, also prove that she is NOT normal. You were just triggered today, by seeing her. Hence the shakes etc. It's PTSD and there is NOTHING wrong with you. This will pass so hang in there! xoxo
May 4 - 4PM (Reply to #19)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

SS78.. Thank you so

SS78.. Thank you so much....it is reassuring to hear that I'm normal and others go through this too. I think sometimes it gets confusing because well into the relationship it seems like they cause some narciness to come out in ourselves....I started to play those games to stand up for myself. When she'd give the silent treatment, I felt like I was hoovering. When she'd withhold affection....I felt like I'd try to get affection from her. I put her above many things including my family....how narcy is that?? I really hope this gets better...I can't flip out every time I see her! thank you for the support....means so much at times like this! XoXo ~KG
May 4 - 4PM (Reply to #20)
Steph
Steph's picture

KG

"I think sometimes it gets confusing because well into the relationship it seems like they cause some narciness to come out in ourselves..." It's part of the PROJECTION they throw at us. Trust me, if you were the problem....you wouldn't be stressed about it and you wouldn't be here. You'd be off "narcing" someone else. xoxo
May 4 - 9PM (Reply to #21)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

SS78 Good point!....now my

SS78 Good point!....now my that my common sense has kicked in again. LOL :)
May 4 - 3PM
momoya
momoya's picture

It's so hard

KG, There is a side to this experience that you question 'Am I the crazy one?' - No you are not. KG, these people are not in touch with their emotions remember? they treat others as objects. What we feel is "I am not okay right now, how can you be so carefree and comfortable?!" We experience the heartbreak and yet it's just another Wednesday to them. We don't feel comfortable in our own skin at these times, yet they are at ease at all times. And we seem to have no affect on them but they affect us greatly! I feel for you. I would have such a hard time to actually have to see the EXN (makes me shudder). You were in love with her and she seemingly is unaffected by your absense. It hurts. Time will heal KG. Role with those punches and hang in there.

momoya

May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #15)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Momoya... I feel like the

Momoya... I feel like the crazy one right now....I'm sure this just has to pass. I can't believe how much this shook me. I have to go through my list of why she is a narc again! Yes, they are at ease all the time. Even when we were together but having an argument, I was the miserable one and she was on FB posting how great everything is. She almost ruined my life...and she goes on unaffected it seems. You know...I would still rather be me with TRUE feelings and the ability to love. I guess to have that, we have to hurt too...such is the human condition :) I just have to get strong enough to deal with it! Thank you again Momoya....you're a wise lady and I appreciate your advice :) XoXo~KG
May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #16)
momoya
momoya's picture

Gentle Reminder

You are focusing on the person that doesn't love you - but I want to remind you that your husband has stood by you and listened and understood. He really loves you. Don't over look that or underestimate the value in that KG. Although you are grieving this loss - you DO have real love in your life.

momoya

May 4 - 4PM (Reply to #17)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Momoya.... You're right...I

Momoya.... You're right...I really should focus more on him. He doesn't know the WHOLE story though. He doesn't know that I fell in love with her...I'm protecting him from that. He knows some of the nature of what she is....but doesn't really understand it...or all of what it has done to me....or my need to be on this board. Our relationship took a beating and I have to get back myself so I can be the wife I used to be. But I count my blessings that I still have him....but I have work to do...
May 4 - 2PM
Veronrose
Veronrose's picture

YOU, KG, are NOT the crazy

YOU, KG, are NOT the crazy one. And Hunter is right....all those feeling are anxiety. I used to drive-by-stalk my N and every single time, I was shaky, lightheaded and sick to my stomach. It's important when you're like that to remember to breathe correctly, from the diaphragm. When my therapist pointed that out to me, I realized that every time I drove by, my breathing got shallow. Why do you think you don't look or act normal? If you look tired and drawn, if you've lost or gained weight, it's all part of the grief process. When people are hurting emotionally, it shows physically. How close does she live to you? I don't know if I could handle living very close to mine. He lives 20 minutes away so I don't have to worry about seeing him at the market or anything. I wish I had better advice on how to handle that. xoxo Veronrose
May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #12)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Vrose... I feel like the

Vrose... I feel like the crazy one because I'm the one obsessing, spinning round and round in my thought processses, having anxiety attacks just from seeing her, going up and down in mood....all the while she seems totally fine and carrying on with her life just fine. I have gained some weight...I think I do look tired to drawn sometimes... she looks fine and happy with her husband...and she lives over one block from me...it is getting nice out and I'll be seeing her :(
May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #13)
Veronrose
Veronrose's picture

She lives one block from

She lives one block from you?!?! And you said in your post below that now that the weather is getting nice, you'll be seeing her more often. Oh, good lord. KG, your strength is REALLY going to be challenged. Remember something though, you saw her with her husband. She HAS to portray herself as happy to him. If she were to come across as side-tracked, or otherwise mentally engaged, she would have to answer to him, and N's don't like answering to anyone. Soooo, as they say, very often things are NOT as they seem. May I ask you something? Does her husband know of her relationship with you?
May 4 - 2PM
gratefuljen
gratefuljen's picture

MY NARC IS NOT LONGER MINE,

MY NARC IS NOT LONGER MINE, DON'T WANT, NEED HIM, DESIRE HIM.
May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #10)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

I don't want mine either :)

I don't want mine either :) Wish she'd leave my head!!!
May 4 - 2PM
dudette
dudette's picture

KG

Babe you are doing great..... What happened? You saw her, you survived... It was a really tough thing to go through and it will be good preparation for the concert thing you have to go to... You can work on that. You will be fine honey.... It's all an act you know... Lots of love to you Dx
May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #7)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Dudette... You're right...I

Dudette... You're right...I saw her and I survived :) I just drove home for lunch and I wasn't at all expecting to see her....at least I can be prepared for the whole band concert thing! Thank you Dudette...you're a great support :) XoXo ~KG
May 5 - 2PM (Reply to #8)
dudette
dudette's picture

ah honey

happens to all of us ;-) Been triggered for no reason since yesterday. Been sleeping it off.... Nevermind lady, this too shall pass.... Ride on NC PS Have you got something utterly fabuous to wear at the concert yet? x
May 4 - 1PM
dabussard
dabussard's picture

Saw mine today too

It must be Narc day! I saw mine too... I was hot, clammy, shaky and very angry... This might make your day! For the last three weeks, I have envisioned what I would do if I ran into my N. Well today I was pulling out of my street and there he was at the gas station. He stared at me the whole time. When I got beside him I flew my birdie.. It made me feel so much better. What I really wanted to do was throttle him. lol.. Believe me your not the crazy one. They have just turned it around on us so much that we believe it. Hang in there and try and stay strong.
May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #5)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Dabussard... I'm sorry you

Dabussard... I'm sorry you had to see your N today too! Sounds like you felt just like I did. That makes me feel more normal. I haven't seen her in person since December and I just wasn't expecting to react like that at all! Good for you to let the birdie fly! Maybe I need to envision encounters with her and how I should react so I can be prepared. Thanks for the support..it really helps :) XoXo ~KG
May 4 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

KG

Oh Geeze, yeah, you're the crazy one! RIGHT! I hate that hot flash feeling, it's anxiety, at least we'll know what to expect when we hit menopause ! Seeing her should make you realize the true phony ,nut case, she is! No empathy, just keep going, be strong and next time, hit the gas straight for her! ( just kidding) next time prepare yourself! Hunter
May 4 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
kgirl
kgirl's picture

Hunter....It happened to you

Hunter....It happened to you too?? That makes me feel better, cuz you're one of the strongest gals I know here! There's hope for me then :) I'll sharpen my driving skills too just in case ;)...just kidding! Thank you :) XoXo~KG
May 4 - 4PM (Reply to #3)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

KG

You're just as strong! I've been out for a while! I promise you'll be kicking ass, tomorrow! Hunter