IS THIS HOOVERING ? im confused !

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 13 - 8AM
candy
candy's picture

IS THIS HOOVERING ? im confused !

OK .. my narc has unfriended me weeks ago from facebook,but today i commented on his sisters status and because she is friends of us both he seen the comment,and he also wrote a comment,which was quite funny ..... did he do this to remind me that he still not talking to me or does he expect me to respond to his comment, i mean he didnt have to write anything at all did he ... im not sure what to make of it ... maybe hes trying to remind me of him so i will text him .... ( NO CHANCE ) ... i feel mixed up or may be im a bit paraniod ... what do you think ?

CANDY xx

Apr 13 - 11AM
Scoop
Scoop's picture

This is a classic hover

This is a classic hover manovor , ill explane , some narc dont stage their return with hearts and flowers , big jestures of undieing love ... noooo ,some sniveling little narcs like to tip toe their way back in ... sniff at the side lines ,checking the lay of the land . By ingnoring his comment you did the right thing .keep up the NC .. most narc will come back for a bit of supply . xx
Apr 13 - 9AM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Candy

Yes, he's just raising his pustule filled head to the surface just so you see him. They love facebook it's such a useful tool... IGNORE! Hugs....
Apr 13 - 8AM
Smitten Kitten (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

And if you're honest with

And if you're honest with yourself, maybe you commented on his sister's status hoping he would see it and be reminded of you? I say this, because I've done the same thing. I would recommend blocking him so that he can no longer see your comments if you choose to interact with mutual friends and you won't see his either.
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #3)
Veronrose
Veronrose's picture

Smitten, How do you block

Smitten, How do you block them from seeing your comments on a mutual friends page? I didn't think you could do that.
Apr 13 - 1PM (Reply to #9)
Anonymous's picture

Blocking on FB

You type in their name in the search box (assuming you are no longer on each other's friends lists) and when they come up, go to their page. Depending on their privacy settings, you'll just see their profile picture and some minimal info. You will also see a link that says, "Report/Block this person." Once you block them, they can't see anything about you on FB and can't even look you up like I'm telling you to do with them. It's like you don't have an account on there. Any search they do for you will come up blank.
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #4)
Used
Used's picture

veronrose

on privacy settings, say only friends.then only your friends can see your posts.
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #5)
Veronrose
Veronrose's picture

used

Thanks used, but I just looked into that in the help section on fb. It says the following: "The "Posts by Me" setting only refers to posts you make on your own Wall. This setting does not apply to posts or comments you make on your friends' Walls. Any posts or comments you make on a friend's Wall abide by the privacy level your friend has set for their Wall. I unerstand that to mean that if one comments or posts on a mutual friends wall, the N will see it unless the mutual friends settings block him from it. Unless I'm misunderstanding (which is highly likely at this point in my life...LOL).
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #6)
Used
Used's picture

venrose

when i first went on fb, i was parionoid for obvious reason, and had a good look round first, you can select only me[if you customise it] or only friends if you do this no one should be able to see your posts if they are not your friends, i am pretty sure of this, cos someone blocked me i cant see any posts of theirs since, even tho we have got mutual friends. good luck, you can also google facebook and ask it questions, its pretty informative
Apr 13 - 1PM (Reply to #8)
Anonymous's picture

But even if two different

But even if two different people have "Friends Only" as their privacy settings, if a mutual friend posts something first and either one of you comment on it or "like" it, you/they will then see it. If one of the two of YOU posts something first, however, and the mutual friend comments or likes it, you/the other person won't see it. Does that make sense? The only way to prevent them from seeing you at all is to completely block them.
Apr 13 - 12PM (Reply to #7)
Veronrose
Veronrose's picture

used, thanks for the info!!!

used, thanks for the info!!! :) xo V
Apr 13 - 9AM (Reply to #2)
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

SmittenKitten

Very good recommendation on the blocking him.