"Feel Good" movie night

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 9 - 12PM
kizzy72
kizzy72's picture

"Feel Good" movie night

Here's something I've done as a way of finding enjoyment in these tough times.

I did this last weekend and I'm about to do it again in a few minutes, but let's name some of our "feel good" movies, even the ones that make you cry, but in a good way.

Here are mine:

Saved by the Light - Eric Roberts
The Terminal - Tom Hanks
Money Pit - Tom Hanks
Cast Away - Tom Hanks
Big - Tom Hanks (as you can see I love Tom Hanks lol)
Jerry McGuire
Last Holiday - Queen Latifah
As Good As It Gets
Something's Got To Give
The Knowing - (end of the world, but the ending was so hopeful)
Phat Girlz
My Best Friends Wedding
Bruce Almighty

Apr 9 - 2PM
Journey
Journey's picture

Good Idea Kizzy

First, ones you listed: Jerry McGuire Something's Got To Give As Good As It Gets Then others: It's Complicated The Holiday (name?, with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet) The Yes Man (definite laugh out loud moments) About A Boy Someone Like You (with hmmm, Hugh Jackman) Kate and Leopold (Hugh again lol) While You Were Sleeping The Shawshank Redemption The Hangover Definitely, Maybe Groundhog Day The Notebook Good Will Hunting Fried Green Tomatoes Legally Blonde

Journey on...

Apr 9 - 7PM (Reply to #5)
Monica
Monica's picture

Journey...."The Holiday"

This is my favorite movie of all time. It sits by my DVD player always. I have seen it well over a hundred times. Jasper is a total narcissist! So you know which scene I love the best!! I also just saw "Letters to God" and loved that. Incredible story. Evan Almighty is a good one, too.
Apr 9 - 7PM (Reply to #6)
Journey
Journey's picture

Just saw 'The Holiday' recently

I loved it and yes, Jasper - complete narc and agree with you about 'that scene' - lol! I love Kate Winslet, I think she is an actress/woman to be admired. Several things stood out for me in this movie... her relationship with the old man (forget char name) - loved it when he said she was acting like the 'friend' character, but really should be the leading lady! I've seen it on tv twice now and would love to have a copy of it to replay whenever :) I haven't seen your other recommendations, but I will keep them in mind.

Journey on...

Apr 9 - 2PM
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Great suggestions!

My all-time fave comedy is "The Big Lebowsky" with Jeff Bridges. I could watch it a million times and still laugh my ass off. Such a good movie for a belly laugh when you need one.
Apr 9 - 2PM
Scoop
Scoop's picture

Sense and Sensibility , i

Sense and Sensibility , i love to hate Mr Willoughby an 18th century narc . The rabbit proof fence , a true story of three young Aboriginal girls who in the 1930s where taken away from their familys and sent to "school " the other side of Australia to learn to be domestic servents . They walked back home 1000s of miles following a fence that was put up to stop rabbits spreading disease .They got caught and taken back to school and instead of giving up they walked back home AGAIN !..... Love that film .. xxx
Apr 9 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
Scoop
Scoop's picture

Legally blonde ! love it !

Legally blonde ! love it !I relate to this because my narc fancyed himself as a bit of a high brow and i have fluffy pens ... and a cat who has a pink coller and he used my "femininity" as a reason to treat me as stupid . See just because i like to get my nails done dose not make me stupid ! My narc is a misogynist twat . xx